B. J. Jones the Story of My Life Book 3 - Cover

B. J. Jones the Story of My Life Book 3

Copyright© 2021 by jballs

Chapter 6

I left the White House at noon on Tuesday; Marine One carried me to the landing site behind the office. I met with my mates in my old office. We discussed more updates before we went to the commissioners meeting.

Bobs Engineering group had the 3D models of the twin 110 towers and associated development assembled on display tables so my mates could make any last minute changes before the meeting.

There was a 3D display of the RV park with the water park complex in the corner. They looked impressive to me. The real test would be in a couple hours.

Duke was going to allow them to be set up on tables with wheels so they could be rolled into the meeting as my mates were introduced.

I had sent Hanna and Melinda a text to be at the county meeting tonight. They were there when we got there as was Elmo. All three asked if they could sit with us. We had arrived early and the Sheriff’s deputies, my JBG security detail and the Secret Service guided us to seats on the side where we could make a quick escape if it became necessary. It also gave the Secret Service an excellent security vantage.

Sitting in the corner with Hanna, Melinda, Elmo and one White House reporter, I answered questions on camera for the fifteen minutes before the meeting started.

We listened to two hours of mundane county end of the year business that included holiday schedules and openings and closings along with agency reports. Every one of the agencies asked if there was any questions before sitting down. I guess my rant the last time I was at the county meeting had brought some changes.

Finally they opened the meeting up to new business. Duke announced that a special request for time had been allotted to Lorrie Jones, Marcy Jones, Jenny Jones, Victoria Jones, and Ching Lee Jones of Jones Business groups for a presentation.

Lorrie started with a description of the properties and the intended construction as the models where wheeled in and uncovered. Pandemonium lasted twenty minutes with the rest of the commissioners’ agency heads and Realtors going nuts.

Marcy was finally able to give the financials and all the reasons why and then there was another thirty minutes of heated conversation before the meeting continued.

Jenny gave the legal overview of the project with all the necessary filings. Vicky gave the construction security and long term security for the complex. Ching Lee gave the web site information and where to find more detailed information, the layout, engineer drawings, concepts and progress updates.

‘‘The Jones group have agreed to answer a few questions and the commissioners have allotted fifteen minutes for that. Those that want to ask questions, step to the podium and use the microphone so everyone can hear the question, ‘‘ Duke said.

‘‘These projects are huge. Do you really think they will ever fill up to become profitable?’’ someone asked.

‘‘One thing, JBG is going to consolidate many of our offices, likely taking up twenty five stories in one building. Another thing you have to look at is that within a two hour commute you’re are looking at a population of five million people that could be potential customers of the retail areas,’’ Marcy said.

‘‘Another thing, businesses are leaving the major cities because of the high crime rate and taxes. As an example Baltimore, New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Washington DC are averaging twenty five deaths a day from crime. There are hundreds of assaults, rapes, a hundred carjacking a day and hundreds of daylight robberies,’’ Marcy said.

‘‘All of this is because of liberal courts, liberal policing and liberal policies in those areas. Another thing, those cities have been dumped on since they were started. The plan wasn’t designed to be people friendly - just dump everyone together and see what happens. The county plans will prevent those things from happening. Queen Anne county plans calling for controlled growth to protect open spaces is to build tall,’’ Marcy said.

‘‘What’s this going to do to local property taxes?’’ another asked.

‘‘With JBG paying for the expansion of water and sewer plants and paying for its own emergency services, property taxes should not go up. In fact with the taxes these two properties will pay, the county should be able to cut taxes substantially and should even eliminate them for the county’s senior citizens. The high taxes are the reason our senior citizens are moving out of state,’’ Marcy said.

The commissioners wanted the models left for other county officials to look at and evaluate. Elmo, Hanna and Melinda wanted pictures and interviews with my mates. They wanted me in the pictures and interviews. I told them because of ethics rules I could not. I was here to support my family in their business decisions.

The plans for the property were on the 2200 Baltimore news when we got home. The media must have called every Maryland senator, delegate, the Annapolis mayor and the Baltimore politicos for a statement.

The Annapolis and Baltimore politicians were screaming that the complex had to be built on the western shore in Anne Arundel, Baltimore County or the city. They were the only place suitable for such a structure or they would not allow it to be built. Like they could stop it!

The Governor was more understanding, most likely because of his close friendship to Jason and Jenny.

‘‘Tonight’s was the first that I have heard the JBG development plans on the shore. I got a tip that I should watch the Queen Anne county meeting and I’m glad I did,’’ the Governor said.

‘‘As usual the Jones group keep things close to the chest; this complex development had to have been years in the planning stage. I understand they have already submitted the prints for approval and have full funding. How you can keep that kind of project and that amount of funding under wraps, I wish I knew,’’ he said

‘‘It’s a remarkable complex for the state of Maryland. It will supply tens of thousands of construction jobs and long term employment for both the western shore and the eastern shore residents. It’s definitely going to be a showplace for the state. The third and fourth tallest buildings in the United States will put you on the map,’’ the Governor said.

‘‘I received an invitation moments after the presentation to meet with the QA council, the Jones Group and the State Highway Administrator to discuss the project highway needs,’’ he said.

‘‘One thing we have to remember is that JBG is a major US and International company with hundreds of facilities in nearly every nation around the world. This project could have been built in any state or any country in the world with their connections and they chose Maryland. That says a lot about where their heart and pride is.’’

‘‘The Governor’s office will work with the county and JBG to expedite the process and get the project moving. I understand this is only two of many major projects that JBG has in the works in the US and around the world,’’ he said.

I spent the night home with the girls and in the arms of Jenny. I needed to go to work at the White House tomorrow to be able to rest up. With the Secret Service provided 24/7 chef, I had an early breakfast and then Marine One carried me back to Washington. The media was in the roped off section as the gear touched the grass - yelling and screaming as usual.

For spite I walked over and said “Good morning, how do you like this cold weather?’’ I asked.

‘‘You could invite us into the warm media room for hot coffee and donuts,’’ one of them said.

‘‘ You’re right - I could. I think there might be a few dollars left in my donut budget for the year, 0830 media room,’’ I said.

I worked at my desk until time to go the media room. The donuts and coffee were already on the table and both media groups were helping themselves. I had brought my mug of coffee with me.

I sat with Harry on the edge of the stage, sipping my coffee while he had a donut with his.

‘‘You’re not having a donut with us?’’ one asked.

‘‘I had a big breakfast this morning; two pancakes, bacon with a big sausage patty, scrambled eggs and toast with grape jam. I’m still full and the gym is already telling me I am late for my appointment,’’ I said with a laugh.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.