B. J. Jones the Story of My Life Book 3 - Cover

B. J. Jones the Story of My Life Book 3

Copyright© 2021 by jballs

Chapter 51

I walked forward to see what all the commotion was about with my staff.

The Supreme Court had just ruled on all the lawsuits about all the past executive orders that past presidents had signed. On my first day after the inauguration, I had signed executive orders removing almost 600 orders from previous presidents.

They had used these executive actions to radically change policy, adding all kinds of rules bypassing Congress and many times forcing agencies to alter established guidelines on many issues nationwide.

My argument was I was now the president and why should executive orders from the past hamstring and control the actions of my administration and my agencies? If they could implement actions by executive order, I could undo those actions by executive order and issue my own, making my administration and my agencies in my vision.

If I could not change what past presidents had done, why even have elections at all?

Special interest groups didn’t see it that way and filed multiple lawsuits on everyone. The Supreme Court ended all of them today and did it with a sledge hammer effect. The court’s unanimous decision threw out all the lawsuits. The groups could not change a few words or criteria and then refile the suit.

The court’s opinion said, ‘‘Congress could vote to override my executive orders by the required two thirds vote in each House, otherwise the new orders stand the legal test.’’ The only stipulation was a law that was passed by both Houses and signed into law could not be changed or cancelled out by executive order. Congress had to pass a new law to remove or change it.

My orders that had been delayed would go into full effect tomorrow. The special interest groups were furious.

Secret Service Special Agent Greg Carter was in charge of the security on this trip. He was the first agent I met at the White House on my very first day on the Taskforce. He came walking towards me with a handful of papers and wasn’t looking happy.

‘‘Intelligence is reporting that the terror group Abu Sayyaf is joining with Slammer terror groups on Mondano and Palawan. They are threatening to interrupt the Conference you are heading to. There is also a report that the terror groups Hiztul Ahrar and TTP (Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan) from Pakistan have been and are traveling to Palawan, giving them training,’’ he said.

‘‘What is the Philippine security saying - they are responsible for security as the host country,’’ I said.

‘‘They have doubled security and have made about three hundred arrests, plus the roads from Mondano and Palawan are going to have check points that have started this morning,’’ he replied.

‘‘That all good, but who knows? Maybe they have been moving into the area of the conference for weeks,’’ I said then I added, ‘‘Given the security risk now, the location and the dates of these conferences need to be kept confidential between the members.’’

‘‘Where did you come up with this intelligence?’’ I asked.

I was curious to know if part of it was from Robert’s group. I knew JBG had no listening operations in the area, unless there had been an expansion that I did not know about.

‘‘Frank’s group and working with the Philippine security group,’’ he replied.

Extra security was sent early because I was going to the WW2 American cemetery to place a wreath with many of the security teams had been there for weeks.

I also wanted to go see a couple of the WW2 battlefields that were close by. There were several that still had the relics as they were abandoned after the battle.

The flight continued on and we arrived early 0600 local time. There was time for me to freshen up in the hotel before my group and I needed to be at the Manila Hilton Grand Ballroom for the breakfast and opening statements for the world’s media.

After a breakfast where I did not like the foods and the media frenzy for best picture with choice allies and all the international politicking, we moved over to the international convention center side in the majestic side of the building.

The next three hours was spent going over changes to agreements that various state departments and negotiators had spent months working on. There were discussions that were heated at times.

At 1300 the meetings were called to a halt for today. A lunch for Kings and Queens was on the tables in the Grand Ballroom. After lunch, there were impromptu meetings of leaders in one on one and group sessions to expand on friendships and influence.

I met with Australia Prime Minister Alfred Morris and New Zealand’s Prime Minister Craven Tomou. Both governments had promised last year to expand their navies, but with all promises, work at doing that was slow in coming.

Australia had laid down the keel for one destroyer, one submarine and one cruiser. It would be a decade before either was ready for sea duty. New Zealand had laid down one keel for a frigate that was years away from going to sea.

Tonight was another feast, with speakers giving opinions and then an orchestra to soothe the soul. Gordon was along so the dancing was going to enjoyable. I had brought a couple of the dresses that I had bought for Kampala.

It was a good evening; I wished the girls could have been along to enjoy the festivities. Tomorrow morning there were more meetings to close out the official conference.

Tomorrow afternoon I had several meetings with the President of the Philippines Federnan Ramos and then I going to the WW2 American Cemetery. After that we were going to the joint Subic Bay Naval Base.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.