B. J. Jones the Story of My Life Book 3 - Cover

B. J. Jones the Story of My Life Book 3

Copyright© 2021 by jballs

Chapter 1

Wednesday morning we watched the morning news while we were eating breakfast. The media was still crunching the numbers and filling the airtime with all kinds of scenarios for Finney to win, same old liberal news. We didn’t read the numbers that way.

I called Vice President Harrison to see if we were thinking on the same track. We agreed to meet at the campaign headquarters in ninety minutes. He had to come from Observatory Circle - the Vice President’s residence in Washington.

We had the Secret Service coordinate arrival times so we would arrive together. The shopping center was packed with media spectators and well wishers.

I was an easy find - the Secret Service insisted we ride in the beast and it stuck out like a long eared mule at a cattle auction. At the entrance to the industrial park we were met by State Police and county Sheriffs. I wanted to get out and walk to the headquarters but the Secret Service refused, even though I had both sets of body armor on. I had to endure the slow snail’s pace ride to the door.

Vice President Harrison’s procession was parked beside us. Both of us stepped out at the same time and waved to the crowd. The media was yelling, trying to get a statement.

The Secret Service and the police had roped off an area for the media. Vice President Harrison and I shook hands and then raised them in a sign of victory for the media.

I asked the state police Captain if he had a bull horn I could use to speak to the well wishers.

‘‘Thank you all for coming out today. The numbers look even better this morning than they did last night. It looks like the electoral vote is going to end up better than the 325 we now have. With Puerto Rico now a state, it takes 275 to win. It was a short campaign and believe me, I am glad of that. With the war and the problems in New York I really didn’t have the time to campaign like I should have,’’ I said.

‘‘At least on January twentieth I can officially move the rest of my things into the White House for a four year stay. For that I need to thank everyone that voted not only for me but that other guy who is still wondering if I am an encyclopedia on steroids.’’ I said.

‘‘ I think this should put an end to all the snide comments about not being the real President, just a place holder. This is as real as it gets - this vote settles it,’’ I said.

The liberals had been using the place holder comment every time I did something they did not like, usually adding, ‘‘Just wait, she will soon be gone - then we will get our way.’’

‘‘In a few days Vice President Harrison and I will sit down to review the people we have, finalize my administration, the goals and the policies of our administration,’’ I said

‘‘I’m sure that my mentor and teacher in the world of politics - President Thomas - is looking down and cheering today’s victory,’’ I added.

We walked inside to cheering campaign workers. The White House media group followed with cameras.

‘‘Today we can take a break and celebrate victory after ten weeks of nonstop work, hundreds of thousands of phone calls and speaking to millions of Americans. Some of them were standing in crowded venues, some standing in the cold and rain or in the comfort of their living room or car.’’

‘‘They were listening to my message and my words that all of you worked hard day after day to make them want to vote for me. They heard our pleas for contributions so we could carry the fight to every corner of America and they sent money. They decided that our promises, our vision of the future is the one they wanted. We must deliver,’’ I said.

‘‘They voted. I’m sure the numbers will change but one hundred million votes were cast for the conservative party compared to the sixty million for the liberal progressive communist. Yesterday they - the liberal communist media - were predicting a landslide - but they had the wrong party picked for it,’’ I said.

‘‘It wasn’t just that they voted for the presidential ticket, those votes carried over in the conservative Congressional races as well. Conservative senators and house members were reelected. Fourteen new conservative senators are to join them. We have a twelve senator majority in the Senate. They lost - we won. ‘‘ I said.

‘‘In the house there are still some seats in limbo, but as it stands now we conservatives have a sixty seat majority. They lost - we won big time.’’

‘‘But the fight is not over! We must look forward to the congressional election in two years. Traditionally the President’s party loses some congressional seats at the midterm. I am determined that not happen and that we pick up more seats,’’ I said.

‘‘As a party we need to start grooming young hard-working dedicated conservatives now, not weeks before the primaries. We cannot allow ourselves to fall into an over-confident stupor.’’

‘‘We won by your hard work and the hard work of thousands of volunteers canvassing neighborhoods across America. We won by the hard work of elected local conservatives carrying our message to their districts,’’ I said.

‘‘There are no words that can adequately express how grateful we are for the support from my family, my friends to those in this room, this state and our nation. Thank you one and all.’’

‘‘There will be no more tip-toeing around the delicate issues. Speak softly is now a bull horn and the big stick is now a tree trunk the size of a sequoia. Either get on board the train or get out of the way because the fireman got a bigger shovel and a full load of coal,’’ I said to cheers.

I stepped down off the box so Vice President Harrison could speak. Like me, he emphasized the size and scope of the victory. It had been an expensive victory; the conservative party had spent over two billion dollars. One billion of which had been made from the fundraisers, another billion in response to the call for donations.

The super Pac that Jeanna, GW Mclintock and Marcy had formed had spent nearly one billion five hundred million. There was five hundred million to start a re-election campaign. That needed to be started near the end of the first year. But I would start much sooner - I would call it ‘‘The Thank You Victory Tour,’’ just to piss off the liberals some more.

By the end of the day the absentee ballots had improved our numbers. I had 337 electoral votes. All the fancy number crunching and scenarios by the liberal media were for naught. The liberals’ media were crying in their green tea, wondering what went wrong. How could this have happened? How could the people ignore the utopia society they promised for the poor and immigrants at the expense of the middle class?

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.