A Business Man - Cover

A Business Man

Copyright© 2021 by Westside24

Chapter 2

The turnout for the golf tournament on Sunday was a good one with one hundred and thirty-four golfers. Dan, while he was aware who Kelly Dodge was had not been formally introduced to her. At the golf cart, he introduced himself to her and shook her extended hand. That she was good-looking went without saying.

In golfing, Kelly said she had just taken up the game and wasn’t sure she would be making any contribution to the team’s score. Unfortunately, she was right in that she didn’t contribute to the team’s score. As far as Dan was concerned she made a fine contribution just in being in the golf cart with him. He had that thought because any man would enjoy her company. If she had an ongoing relationship with Nik Edwards the club pro, that subject was not discussed.

After the round of golf was completed and the winners announced, Dan asked Kelly if she would have dinner with him here at the club. She accepted his invitation and Dan had a nice time dining with her. Dan was still wondering about her and Nik which prevented him from asking her out. Maybe if he hears more about this relationship and if there isn’t one he will ask her out. To be expected he did have the thought about how she would be as a lover. Laughing a little to himself he knows that when he sees a good-looking lady he always has that thought and for some reason, he always thinks they would be good lovers.

Nothing occurred that was out of the ordinary at work the next couple of weeks. Business was good with people calling for service. Dan had tried to make some discreet inquiries about Kelly’s status with Nik but they didn’t reveal anything of substance. He did learn that Nik was observed being with some good-looking females recently but nothing more on who they were or about his relationship with Kelly.

Dan received a phone call from Dana Bridgeman-Cramer of Bridgeman Construction. Dana was the CEO and she broke the news they were starting construction on an apartment complex at the edge of the town of Lake Lancer. She said this apartment complex was going to be a little different in that each unit was going to have a separate a/c and heating unit rather than a master unit for the whole building. Dana said the reason for this was in a few years after the complex was built the developer was going to convert it to condos.

Dan thanked her for the work and told her if she will send him the specifics he will order the necessary items to do the work. Why this was going to first be apartments and then condos Dan didn’t understand, but he didn’t ask why. He was just happy to get the business.

Dana also mentioned that they had purchased some land about halfway between the university and Lake Lancer. There was a six-acre pond on this land that they were going to build a limited number of single-family homes around the pond to start with and more homes later in this development. Dan had been thinking for a while about moving from his house which held a lot of memories for him, some good and some not so good. He had been thinking that it would be best if he made a fresh start.

He was aware of where this land was since out of curiosity he had checked it out when he heard about Nik the golf club pro purchasing it. Dan liked the location. He asked Dana to save the lot she thought gave the best overall view that was by the pond as it was time he lived in a more modern home. Dana said she could do that and would tell Sally Dodge who will be the listing agent what lot was Dan’s.

In doing his food shopping Saturday morning, Dan was turning into an aisle and bumped into Kim who was also doing food shopping. He asked her how things were going and that seemed to be the right question to ask.

“Things are fine except my husband is away on one of his conferences so it is going to be a quiet weekend for me. You know it doesn’t need to be and I say that because I was wondering if you would like to come over to my house for some casserole. I do make a mean casserole or so I have been told. What do you say?”

Dan had to think about what Kim just said which caused him to be quiet for a few seconds about her invitation and maybe what could happen.

Finally, he said, “I am sure you make a mean casserole and I could use a good home-cooked meal. I am not sure me coming over for dinner to your house is a good idea. I say that, because what would your neighbors say about an unfamiliar car being parked on your driveway when your husband is away? More importantly, if they told your husband what would he say?”

“I guess you’re right, sorry I asked.”

“Wait a minute, I didn’t say it was a bad idea. I only said me coming over to the house needs to be re-thought. I was thinking maybe it would be better if you came to my house. I say that because you could park your car on my side driveway. That way your car wouldn’t be noticed.”

The disappointment she had expressed on her face now changed to a smile and said she would be over at six. Dan was now wondering if something was starting with him and Kim that maybe shouldn’t be starting.

Walking to the side door because of the doorbell chiming, Dan took one last look to make sure everything in his house was ship-shape. He opened the door and in walked Kim carrying a glass baking dish which she said contained a casserole. She put the dish down on the kitchen counter and said it needed to go into the oven for ten minutes to warm it up.

While she was doing this she accepted his offer of a drink.

With the casserole being warmed enough she took it out of the oven and placed it on a pad on the kitchen table. Dan complimented her on the tastiness of the casserole. He was thinking that she also looked tasty in the tight blouse she was wearing that had a few buttons unbuttoned which showed some enticing cleavage. The conversation they engaged in was general as to the weather and about their work.

After the meal was over they cleaned up which was quick work and Kim put the leftovers on one of Dan’s dishes in the refrigerator which she had wrapped in Saran wrap.

She accepted his offer of another drink which he made and gave to her taking a seat close to her on the couch. To him, the looks she was giving him and some of what she was saying were indications that he should proceed to the next level. He took the almost empty glass from her hand and placed it on the coffee table. He moved slowly toward her and she did not back away. When his lips met her she eagerly returned his open mouth kiss for about ten seconds but then she pushed him away.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.