Kindred Spirits - Cover

Kindred Spirits

Copyright© 2021 by Vincent Berg

07: A Bleak Future

Madame, all stories..., end in death,
and he is no true-story teller who would keep that from you.
Especially do all stories of monogamy end in death,
and your man who is monogamous while ... often lives most happily,
dies in the most lonely fashion. There is no lonelier man in death,
except the suicide, than that man who has lived many years
with a good wife and then outlived her.
If two people love each other there can be no happy end to it.

Ernest Hemingway

“All right,” Ioana said as she shed her jacket, “where’s this shy ghost of yours?”

They’d timed her arrival so their parents weren’t home and avoided that particular scene. But they still weren’t comfortable with the Roma woman—especially Jie, encountering her for the first time.

“Uh, we haven’t met,” she said, stepping forward and extending her hand. “I’m Jie Gai, and—”

“We’ll deal with the pleasantries later.” Ioana waved her hand as she glanced around the room. “But I’ve learned over the years to always tackle these situations immediately. They tend to change the dynamics between the participants, and not always for the best.”

“Where is it?” Logan pressed, hoping to move things along.

Jie stepped back, glancing among the others, unsure whether this was the time to back down or not. Her shoulders dropped and a wide grin cracked her previously tight expression as she turned and clapped her hands. “Here Spot! Come Spot, come!”

“Maybe you shouldn’t demean the being until we determine what it is,” Ioana chided.

“He doesn’t mind,” Jie assured her, her eyes drilling into her newest nemesis. “He’s so pleased we’re no longer angry with him, he’s eager to be friends.”

“It’s never been aggressive,” Leslie added, “and while it was growing a bit fat and lazy, it never showed any indication of hostility.”

“Ah, here it is,” Jie announced, backing up as one does when an enthusiastic dog runs up, wagging its tail and wanting to play. “Who’s a good boy? Yes, you’re a nice doggy, ain’t cha? You’d never haunt no one, would ya?”

“Outline and differentiate,” Logan cautioned.

Jie’s demeanor shifted, familiar with his approach. She spread her arms about two to two-and-a-half feet in diameter, carefully stepping around the unseen entity, illustrating how it was moving and ... pulsing.

“Can you see it?” Ioana asked Aiesha.

“I can make it out, but not nearly as well as Jie. Rather than seeing them, like her, I merely see their auras. Even then, I can’t see as much as my Mom, who’s more used to these things. Jie’s unusual, as she seems specifically suited for this sort of thing.”

“Technically, I see a combination, as it’s difficult differentiating their shape from their aura.”

No longer looking at anyone, Ioana stepped forward, raising and spreading her arms.

“Spirit, we wish to speak with you. Who are you, and why are you here?” Everyone froze, realizing the time to tease was past.

“And what brought you here? What ... drew you to this particular location?” Logan and Aiesha shared a look, as he appeared even more determined, while Ai and Leslie seemed relieved. Jie still seemed pissed, especially now that Ioana was not only in charge, but clearly demonstrating her value—even though no one could verify it at the moment.

“You say it’s familiar. Why? Could you expound on that?” The older woman nodded sagely, her eyes oddly kind in a way they hadn’t seen before. “And Logan?” His eyes widened, hearing his name. Aiesha reached out, clutching his hand, unsure what was happening or how he’d respond. “I see, and Ai?”

At that, Aiesha stiffened, her eyes dilating. Apparently, this ... entity wasn’t a mere pet, actually communicating, although no one was yet convinced this wasn’t some scheme of Ioana’s.

“Don’t worry,” she continued. “They mean you no harm. They just didn’t know who they were dealing with. Jie and Aiesha can see you, but don’t see who you are, nor can they speak with you.”

After another moment, she shifted, breaking contact and focusing on Ai.

“Her name is, or was, Matilda, or ‘Mattie’, Wiggins. She’s like each of you, and was drawn, just as you were by Logan’s presence. She was inhabiting a home near here,” she idly waved her hand to the northeast, “a few miles from here. She died due to ... cancer,” she said, pausing for the additional information, “and was so bereft at losing her companions, she couldn’t pass on.”

“So, she never attacked us?” Leslie clarified.

“No, missing hers so dearly, she wanted to join another group. She was never interested in absorbing your energy, desiring to be included in that ... all-consuming love once more.”

“I get that,” Aiesha acknowledged.

“That’s good, because she played your role in her previous pod,” Ioana specified. “She was the ‘seeker’, the one who brought them together, and found others like them.” She turned. “Can you tell me their names, as it would help verify their history.” She glanced at Logan. “As the living tend to be fairly skeptical.”

“What’s a pod?” Leslie asked.

“She didn’t specify, but it’s how she describes their group, but I don’t know whether it’s the nomenclature, or just their particular term for it.”

“Since we don’t have a name of our own, it seems like a sensible choice. I hate to ask, but what happened to the rest?”

Ioana cocked her head before responding. “They each died, one after another. The home she was in wasn’t hers, it was where the last of her pod perished. She wasn’t willing to move again until she felt you nearby.” She hesitated. “She was here long before Aiesha arrived.” Logan and Leslie checked with one another, their eyes wide and their demeanors cautious.

“Who went first?” Jie pressed.

“Thomas, the pod leader, Logan’s equivalent. He died immediately of a ... heart attack.”

“What about the others?” Leslie inquired. “How did they die, and ... were any of them related?”

Ioana turned her head, as if listening to an enticing tune, or nearby bird song. “No. Wanda Sue—the pod’s enforcer—married Thomas in an arranged marriage by the two families, who never realized what they shared.”

“Were any of them left stranded, like Mattie, forever alone?” Logan asked, with a catch in his throat.

Her eyes softening. “No. The leader was like you, a solitary intellectual. He was so focused on one thing at a time, that when his time came, he concentrated on his transition, rather than those remaining behind. That part came later, once he’d moved on,” she added, dabbing her eyes.

“What happened to those remaining?” Jie asked.

“Wanda Sue died shortly after of a broken heart—medical diagnoses weren’t common then. But once she did, the rest concentrated on each other, helping them through their grief, instead of agonizing about their own.”

“How many were there?”

“Five, in total, though it took much longer to locate them than you did, taking much of their lives.”

“What role did the other one have?” Aiesha asked.

“The same as yours, as the pod’s ‘communicator’. Apparently, her position was a mixture of yours and mine.”

Hearing that, Logan perked up. “Jie, save, no, love Matilda, I want to see something.” Ioana stared at him, her eyes widening and a quizzical expression appearing on her face. “No, I wasn’t referring to that, though honestly, it wouldn’t hurt.”

“When we make love, it’s more spiritual,” Aiesha explained, “not just rubbing our privates together. We talk more than anything else, sharing things emotionally. It ... strengthens the already tight link we share, more than the physical act does.”

“Though it makes the intimacy divine,” Leslie purred.

“How’s Mattie responding?” Logan asked.

“She’s vibrating with our shared love,” Jie explained, “unlike before, when she simply drew as close as possible.”

“I can’t see it nearly as well as Jie,” Aiesha said, “but I swear, Mattie took on a ... human form, standing up and hugging her back.”

“Now extend it to Leslie,” he instructed, as everyone edged a little closer.

“Umm,” she murmured, closing her eyes and basking in the sensations. “It’s working. Even now, Mattie shares our emotional connection.”

“Then why—” Logan began.

“She always knew she was an unwelcomed outsider.” Ioana explained. “She remained as near as she could, hoping you’d notice, wanting to appreciate what the rest of you can still appreciate.”

“This definitely changes things,” Logan noted, his brows furrowing. “So, is this typical of what you do, or do you do other things too?”

She considered him skeptically but answered honestly.

“I do a lot more than this, including past-life regressions and speaking to those who’ve passed on, rather than just the ghost who haven’t.” She surveyed the others. “You’re all young, but was anyone here close to someone who’s died?”

“My grandmother, Lucille, and I were,” Ai admitted.

Ioana closed her eyes and took a few moments. “I see an expanse of rich, dark blue.”

“She drowned while swimming at the beach,” she answered.

Ioana hesitated. “No, she didn’t. She’d been in pain for a long time and was seeking to end her suffering. But she wants you to know she’s constantly watching. What’s more, she approves of your relationship with your girls. Your ‘pod’. While she doesn’t understand it, she appreciates how you’ve discovered happiness and is proud you’ve already found your life’s work.”

“Life’s work?”

“Her words, not mine,” Ioana clarified.

“And how do we know this is legit?” Logan inquired, though it wasn’t as critical as before.

“I asked, as this comes up a lot, and she said to tell you ‘Twinkle, Twinkle, little star’. Was that a story she read to you?”

“No.” Aiesha shook her head. “At night, she’d say it when she’d kiss me good night and turn the lights off. It was something private, and I’ve never mentioned it to anyone else and had pretty much forgotten it. She always said we visited the stars in our dreams, where anything was possible, and we could be whatever we wanted, and come back stronger tomorrow.”

She noticed when Logan’s head jerked, and his eyes widened.

“You too?”

“I had an aunt who thought I spent too long indoors avoiding the other kids. She’d take me out in the evenings and we’d look into the heavens. She said everything in the universe is infinite, including our aspirations. She explained that anytime I wanted answers, I’d find more there than I would in any book. ‘You can learn details anywhere, but this is where you discover what it all means.’”

Ioana closed her eyes and reopened them a few moments later. “She called you Buttercup?” Logan nodded, waiting for more. “I’m not sure what connects you all, but there seems to be a common theme. She too has been watching over you, not her brother and sister-in-law. She says she’s the one who told Leslie to look out for you and that you were ‘special’, but she wouldn’t know why until much later.”

“So, where does that leave us?” Jie asked.

“It means,” Leslie said, responding before anyone could intervene, “we’ve been connected to unseen spirits our entire lives. There’s clearly something behind this, and until we determine what it is, we’re fumbling in the dark!”

“This definitely changes things.” Jie took Logan’s hand. “Mattie and I are taking you and Ai upstairs, as there’s no telling how long we have, and we’re not postponing it!”

“I’ll let myself out,” Ioana assured them. “It was a delight seeing it successfully resolved. But Logan, we need to talk. Once you come up for air, give me a call.”


“Wow! That was certainly surprising.” Aiesha grasped either side of Logan’s chin, kissing him deeply. “I’m glad you invited Ioana to stop by and help us out.”

“Yeah,” Jie said, shoving the two lovers hard towards the bed. “You’re in no hurry since you had him yesterday. But after what we heard I’m worried he may croak before I lose my virginity. So, drop the clothing and we can discuss the permutations while he’s regaining his strength for a second round.”

There was a gentle knocking at the door, causing all three to spin. “Did your parents just come home?” Aiesha whispered, glancing around.

“Come on guys,” Leslie called. “You can’t begin without me.”

Jie turned, throwing her hands up, sighing and opening the door. “Your folks aren’t here, are they?”

She looked confused. “No. If they were, I’d be downstairs distracting them.” She brushed past and began unbuttoning her blouse. “But we don’t have much time before they do.”

“Uh, what the heck are you doing?” Logan asked, still holding Aiesha’s waist. “I thought I creeped you out?”

“I never said that, just ... I wasn’t sure how I’d respond to the two of you fooling around.” She closed and locked the door. “But after talking to Jie yesterday, we ... worked through a few things,” She peeled off her shirt, tossing it over Logan’s desk chair. “I’m not promising anything, but I won’t be left out. This is too important to avoid just because I’m weirded out by the incest.”

She froze, just as her bra sagged into her hands. “Jie, is ... Mattie here?”

She nodded, indicating a miniscule space between the two couples. “She is.”

“Well, Mattie, welcome to our ... pod. Whatever happens with Logan and me, I’ll have plenty of choices while he’s busy with our tiny sister.”

“Hold on,” he cautioned. “This is Jie’s first time, so the evening is all about her. While this might be a little overwhelming, she’ll need plenty of emotional support.”

“Fine. We’ll take turns eating her out, while you’re getting it up, as well as licking you each clean.” She winked at Logan, before sweeping Jie up and kissing her as she began unbuttoning her blouse.

Aiesha took the opportunity to peel Logan’s shirt off his shoulders as she kissed him, murmuring as she did. “Treat her wonderfully. Girls never forget their first time. She’ll remember this for the rest of her life.” With that out of the way—and his yanking his t-shirt over his head—she started on his pants. “Make it memorable, so she has something worth recalling.” She then sank to her knees, pulling them off and freeing his erection, before removing his socks after he kicked off his shoes.

“Incoming!” Leslie yelled, leaping on the bed beside Aiesha and Logan with Jie—giggling wildly—in her arms. They landed and rolled, somehow ending with Leslie yanking her jeans down as Jie eagerly lifted her hips. Seeing the two lovers staring at them, she grinned and glanced down, unable to hide her grin. “We ... uh, got better introduced yesterday while you were busy.”

“Where’s Mattie?”

Jie partially sat up, glancing around, before pointing near Ai. “She’s right there, biding her time.”

“This is all about Jie,” Logan insisted. “She’s joining our—and your—new pod. It’s time we welcome her and make her feel loved!”

“Yeesh!” Jie said, shivering. “Wow, does that ever feel weird!” She looked at the others. “Good weird. Not weird-weird.”

“Mattie, focus!”

“Jeez!” Jie shouted, trembling while elevating her hips, practically throwing Leslie off, though she regained her bearings and redoubled her efforts.

“Mattie,” Leslie said, pausing for a second, her cheeks glistening. “We’re gonna have to talk, girlfriend!” And then, she dove right back in.

“I think we need to take the pressure off,” Aiesha said, kneeling before him again. She swallowed as much of him as she could, stroking what she couldn’t with her right hand while grasping his butt-cheek with her left. When she began humming, tonguing his frenulum, he too shivered.

“Ughh, this ... I ain’t gonna last long.”

She backed up, taking a breath. “You aint’ supposed to.” She returned to hoovering him. Hoping to distract himself, he watched the threesome on the bed.

“Mattie,” Jie called, “if you continue, there won’t be anything left for Logan!”

In an instant, she stilled, settling back. Leslie held her firm with her arms wrapped around her, gripping a butt cheek in each hand. The slurping sounds drifting up from the bed were ... intoxicating.

Jie started gasping, clutching Leslie’s head, encircling her with her legs.

Aiesha eased off, taking another breath. “Time it, Logan,” she urged before resuming her efforts.

“I’m close ... nearly there...” Jie shrieked, shivering in place—this time on her own, as Leslie relented, sucking her clit rather than agitating it.

He tensed, grabbing Aiesha’s head and gasping. “FUCK!” He began blasting, his balls retracting she he fired off an intensive load. Aiesha, only having done this a couple of times, and just once to completion, was a bit slow. She snorted cum from her nose as more dribbled down her lips, yet she swallowed nearly all of it.

Logan’s knees gave out and he sank to floor, still firing. Aiesha had to adjust her grip, causing more to escape. “Shit, shit, shit!” he gasped. When he finished shooting, Ai backed off, catching her breath as Logan rolled to his side. “Jeez, Mattie, warn a guy next time! You almost killed me!”

“I’m guessing she’s bringing something new to the table,” Leslie drawled, licking the girl-cum from her fingers.

“It seems she’s putting all the energy we’ve been sharing to good use,” Aiesha observed, before tackling Logan’s clean up.

“Whatever else, I dare say she now feels like one of us.” Jie was still grasping Leslie’s head. “Thanks, Mattie. Any time I can return the favor, just say so.” She immediately shivered again. “Okay, I get it. You’re welcome.”

“I think she offers a lot,” Aiesha said, using the bed to climb to her feet. She turned, extending a hand to help Logan back to his feet. “Think you’re up for round two?”

“Give me a few minutes ... once my knees stop shaking.”

“I’ll get some food and drinks,” she offered.

“No thanks,” Leslie said. “You’re up next, stretching my legs will hopefully restore the blood flow to my extremities.”


Leslie was on her way to the kitchen, still picking hairs from her teeth, when she heard someone clearing their throat.

“Mom? Dad? What are you guys doing back?” She couldn’t help herself, as she glanced back up.

“We finished early, and with what we witnessed the other day, decided we’d best stick around to see what you kids are up to,” Jonathon explained, studying her.

“Fair warning, you do not want to go upstairs yet,” she declared, extracting a particularly stubborn pubic hair, depositing it in the trash can by his chair.

“You smell like ... sex, young woman,” he cautioned.

“Trust me, I should,” she giggled, taking a seat across from them. “But seriously, we’ve made the most amazing discovery. Do you remember the ghost we were chasing?”

“The one you decided was someone’s dead pet?”

“Yeah, that one. Ms. Dascălu came in, as she’s able to speak to these ... entities. It turns out, Mattie’s just like us. She had the same skills, and her ‘pod’s’ leader was exactly like Logan. Thomas was both male and had Asperger’s.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.