The Richard Jackson Saga - Cover

The Richard Jackson Saga

Copyright© 2021 by Banadin

Chapter 28

I went to the studio office and arranged to use a phone in private to call my parents. They checked to see what movie I was working on so they could bill the phone call to that budget. The lady who took care of this was businesslike and helpful.

She also wanted to know about the rabid coyote. She had heard that it had bitten two people before I shot it. That was news to me. I later learned that didn’t happen.

I talked to Mum and Dad and explained what I was facing and my possible solution. They both agreed that it might just work and that long term I would be a big winner in goodwill and probably money. I thanked the ladies in the studio office and headed over to the stunt area.

Today they were roping a post. The guys showed me the basics and I got to practice a while. I also was given free run of the roping gear, so I could practice on my own. The point was made that I wasn’t to jump off any roofs unattended, but if I want to shoot any coyotes feel free.

After working with the lariat for a while I started to get the feel of it. I soon became proficient at roping a fence post while standing. I’m sure that roping a moving cow while on horseback wouldn’t be much harder. In my dreams!

I did all my weight lifting with some of the stuntmen. We took turns spotting for each other. As usual, I desperately needed a shower when we were finished.

Dick was on time so I had plenty of time to clean up and shower. I went for the preppy look again but wore a dark blue sport coat over my golf shirt. Or call it a polo shirt if I wanted to be Hollywood glamorous.

Our reservations were at the Hollywood Brown Derby. I took a quick shower and changed into a grey slacks and a light blue golf shirt. A dark blue blazer with gold buttons and a black belt made me look spiffy. I still wore my boots. They were too comfortable to give up.

The Brown Derby was a cool building, built in the shape of a hat. Inside were cartoon drawings of famous actors and actresses.

Mr. Baxter arrived almost at the same time. We had to wait less than a minute. Dick introduced us and we were seated. Mr. Baxter appeared to be in his sixties with silver-white hair. I had heard men with hair like that called, The Silver Fox. He had a tanned face that had some lines, but not as many as you would have thought. There were none of those burst blood vessels in his cheeks or nose like my Uncle Wally had from drinking.

He wore a dark blue pinstriped suit with a red tie. His tie clip had a diamond in it. I don’t know what brand his watch was but it appeared expensive. Every inch of him screamed here is a successful man. I also knew he was a desperate man.

We made small talk all through dinner. He asked questions about Bellefontaine, school and my life in general but avoided business. We all turned down dessert. I think Dick, Janice, Mr. Baxter and I wanted to get to the real reason we were there.

Mr. Baxter opened with, “I hear you are looking for an agent.”

“When Dick Wyman and John Wayne tell you to get an agent you would be a fool not to listen.”

“I’m prepared to represent you on certain conditions. I understand they are putting The Cowboys on hold and want you to star in another vehicle. You can make a lot of money doing this. I think we can get you half a million dollars. For that small fortune, I would want ten percent.”

It was nice to know that Mr. Wyman and Mr. Wayne were being straight with me. It made my next statement easier.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.