The Attorney - Cover

The Attorney

Copyright© 2021 by Westside24

Chapter 11

The trials with the favorable verdicts received were financially rewarding and were adding to the bottom line of the law firm of Stallings and Conway. Thad had not yet received a verdict that was a not guilty or less than the demand that had been made to settle. How long this would continue was anyone’s guess but so far it was paying financial dividends for the firm.

Things were also going well at the medical clinic in town. Because of that, the doctors there wanted to reward the employees and decided they would bus the employees to dinner at the country club and then to a play that was being put on by the drama club at the university. Ray told Thad about this since his wife who was a doctor at the clinic was the one organizing this event. He also mentioned that besides the employees, John Wilkinsing’s mother and aunt were also invited to attend saying that keeping John’s mother happy was a top priority item with the clinic.

It was John Wilkinsing’s mother who moved to Lake Lancer to live with her sister. His mother complained to John that there were inadequate medical facilities here. That caused John to have the medical clinic built which he staffed and subsequently added an addition to it. It turned out the clinic being here was instrumental in properly handling some serious medical issues involving the mother and John’s aunt.

On the day of the event, Ray told Thad that one of the employees who said she was going had for some reason backed out which resulted in a ticket becoming available. He invited Thad to join this group going to this event. Since it sounded like it could be something different and fun and with nothing on his schedule for tonight, Thad said he would go.

Before boarding the bus Thad was introduced to John Wilkinsing’s mother and aunt who seemed like regular people. She remarked surprisingly that she had heard about the large verdict Thad had received.

Thad was sitting in a window seat on the bus gazing out the window and at the same time daydreaming. He knew they would be leaving shortly to go to the club for dinner.

“Excuse me but is this seat taken,” he heard, and looking up he saw a very attractive young woman maybe a few years younger than him pointing to the empty seat next to him asking the question.

“No, please take the seat.”

She did and he thought things had taken a turn for the better. She introduced herself as Sara Palmer and he introduced himself to her. On the ride to the club he could see that she had short red hair, seemed to have a slim figure, was of average height, and had a nice personality. He couldn’t help but notice her enthusiasm when she talked about working as a nurse at the clinic.

She said that she lived in Lake Lancer and after getting her Master’s in nursing the closest place she could find work was at the university’s hospital. She had applied to work at the clinic here since it was close to home but there were no openings. They said they would keep her application on file. When a nurse suddenly resigned to move down south Sara was called and hired to replace this nurse.

Thad told her she was fortunate to be working at the medical clinic because of the fine staff but he didn’t mention his part in creating the job opening.

During the bus ride, she did ask questions about Thad, and when he mentioned he was Ron’s law partner she congratulated Thad on the large verdict he received. She said word of it spread and was known by all of the clinic’s employees.

Thad’s questions to her revealed that she was originally from San Francisco where her parents live. They have a place here on the lake where Sara spent the summers growing up. She went to the university here and decided she wanted to live in this area rather than in the big city. She explained her reasons for doing that which all boiled down to her not being ‘a big city-girl” and thinking that Lake Lancer was a safe place to live.

Thad sat with her at dinner and could see that she wasn’t overly impressed they were dining at the country club. Sara said that her parents were long-time members of the club. He didn’t sit with her during the play because of the ticket assigned seats but again he sat with her on the bus ride back to Lake Lancer. He couldn’t specifically say why, maybe it was her looks or her enthusiastic personality but he certainly enjoyed her company.

Just before they were back at Lake Lancer he asked her if she would like to go out to dinner with him. Sara with a smile on her face said she would. He told her he had a commitment tomorrow and he was in a golf tournament at the club on Sunday but he would give her a call during the week.

Thad’s Saturday commitment was with Kelly. She had invited him to her condo for a home-cooked meal.

Kelly had told him he didn’t need to bring anything when he came to her condo. He did bring a bouquet he presented to her. She was surprised he did this but he could see she was pleased. Her casual dress of slacks and the sleeveless sweater she wore made her enjoyable eye candy.

They had a cocktail before dinner. The meal consisted of a garden salad, oven-baked rolls, and very tasty cheese and meat lasagna. He complimented her on the meal and her cooking ability. He helped her clean up insisting that they do the washing and drying of all that needed it.

Having done the cleaning up they sat on the balcony sipping a drink, having some conversation while watching the sunset. This type of date was a change from Thad’s checking out the action at Ken’s West and something Thad thought he could get used to doing.

With the sun having set the temperature dropped. They went inside and soon were kissing and it wasn’t that much longer they were in bed making love. Thad knew that this was something he wanted to do and could tell Kelly shared in the enjoyment of making love. Her good looks coupled with the nice way she had about her made their coupling pleasurable and satisfied both of their sexual appetites.

When she invited him to spend the night he told her he would very much like to do that but he was signed up for a golf tournament tomorrow and because o that he said he should leave. She laughed a little when he asked her for a rain check. He did with her assistance make love with her one more time before he left. In his life, he already has several picture-perfect memories, and seeing her head with her blond hair going up and down his shaft was added to those memories.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.