Leading the Clans - Cover

Leading the Clans

by Ka Hmnd

Copyright© 2021 by Ka Hmnd

Action/Adventure Story: When his father and grandfather are killed with most of his older clan tiger is left to lead and find out why.

Tags: Science Fiction  

The collision was supposed to be an accident but it killed grandfather and my father. They were returning from burying my great grandfather. In moments I went from being an advanced student in engineering and geo politics to leader of clans. I was seventeen and mostly spent my time studying or sparing with masters of the Art.

Guards I had known all my life pulled me out of class and hurried me towards a vehicle. These guards had been with and around me since I was young. Once the vehicle was moving I glanced at their still faces, “what happened?”

Mor growled, “a damn shuttle accident. Your grandfather and father were killed.”

I straightened, “my mothers and sibs?”

They shook their heads and I looked ahead, “do we know it was an accident?”

Mor sighed, “not yet.”

We pulled into the large clan warren complex and went around and into the covered and protected entry. The guards got out and I followed as even more arrived. I started into the warren, “I want a list of the dead as soon as we have it.”

I went straight to what had been my great grandfather’s office. Several Kaire were waiting including the fleet commanders. I hesitated before going around behind the desk and sitting, “give me a moment.”

First I accessed the AI and looked up all current subjects and all recent past subjects. I glanced at the senior fleet admiral, “status on the Fleet?”

She growled, “all fleets are on alert. We are still at seventy percent but combat ready.”

I looked at the long list of subjects and nodded, “thank you. Do we have a preliminary report on the accident yet?”

My cousin Sina walked from the door, “the shuttle was off course and turned to correct on approach. One of the main grav engines went to full thrust and the shuttle slammed into the ground. The reactor fuel cell ruptured and exploded. The blast concussion killed everyone within several kilometers.”

I looked at her and nodded, “thank you Sina.”

She was the great granddaughter of uncle Cassidy. I looked at those in the room, “I want to know why it happened.”

My mind spun as I tried to think of what to do. I looked at the peacekeeper clan leader, “please use your best people.”

I stood, “someone send out the full clan council notice.”

Another cousin cleared his throat, “Tiger, they are going to demand you mate.”

I smiled and wrote two names on a comp screen and walked around the desk. I handed it to Mark, “send someone and ask these two to come see me.”

He looked and nodded and then looked at me, “they are...”

I held up my hand, “I am not great grandfather or grandfather or even father. I will find my own mates and let them decide.”

The senior fleet admiral grinned, “good for you.”

I headed for the door, “summon the clans Mark.”

I strode through the halls with the guards falling in around me. When we reached the large council room I gestured the guards back. I crossed and leaped and vaulted over the tables. I walked to the center of the empty space and stood to wait. It was not long before some of the clan leaders began to arrive.

Holographs flickered in a few places as those out of the system linked with the council AI. The clan leaders looked at me and murmured to each other. I kept quiet and waited as slowly each clan leader arrived. Finally the last strode to the council tables and I growled, “I am Tiger Saj Kin Nor Liious. I am eldest of my father’s children and he was eldest of his.”

I turned my head to look at each clan leader, “is there one that would face me?”

They shifted but none spoke, I nodded and turned and strode to the only empty spot around the table. I vaulted over and turned to face the council, “first know that we are investigating the shuttle crash.”

I looked around the table again, “my great grandfather and grandfather’s projects will continue. Our first priority is helping clans recover from the losses they have suffered during the wars. Grandfather’s resettlement of Aur will continue. After I have caught up with everything he was working on, I will request another meeting.”

I turned to leave and the Elic clan leader growled, “we would seek mates for...”

I looked at him and the other clan leaders, “so you would give up your clan rights to find mates for your clan?”

He stiffened and opened his mouth and I smiled, “I can find my own mates and they can decide as shes always do.”

Several clan leaders chuckled and a few nodded and I walked out. I looked at one of my cousins as she fell in beside me, “I need to meet with the Wellington emperor’s voice and the race ambassadors tomorrow.”

She nodded and used her comm as I headed through the halls to the office. Like her great grandfather Cassidy, she was human but Kaire at heart. She was also mated to two males, one a peacekeeper and another a engineer. Once in the office I pulled up the last thing my grandfather had been working on.

I glanced at the door as a silver she with green spots walked in. I smiled and sat back, “Ivy No Alt Der I see you.”

She slowed and then grinned as she continued to the desk, “Tiger Saj Kin Nor Liious I see you.”

I gestured to a corner of the desk, “I claim you. Now help me sort through this tangled mess before Raven gets here.”

She chuckled as she sat on the desk and reached for several comp screens. I tried to put things in order but kept having to rearrange the priority. Ivy touched my hand and I looked up to see a solid black she walking in. I grinned as I relaxed, “Raven Sa Mel Elic Aough I see you.”

She did not even slow as she started around the desk, “Tiger Saj Kin Nor Liious I claim you.”

Ivy laughed and I reached for Raven’s hand and pulled her onto my lap, “you were late so Ivy gets me first.”

She wiggled and rubbed her face against mine, “that is okay I get her first.”

I laughed as Ivy smirked, “so why were you late?”

She shifted and looked around the office, “I was using linked super comps. According to them, there is a eighty six percent chance the shuttle was sabotaged. Highest on the list were Cregains.”

I straightened, “why?”

She stood and pulled me up and gestured to Ivy, “your great grandfather and grandfather kept turning down their demands to occupy Saj and Aur.”

I led them out and the guards fell in. I glanced at them, “Ivy and Raven are my mates. Make sure everyone knows.”

One smiled, “like we have not been expecting it?”

Raven laughed and pushed me in the door to my old bedchamber. I stopped and turned, “call Sina, Mark and Gloria. Tell them I want every Cregains movements for the time before and during the shuttle crash. Contact the peacekeeper clan leader and tell him the same thing.”

Ivy pulled me in but I looked back, “witness for us?”

The guards chuckled as I was pulled to the bed. I turned and reached for Ivy as Raven helped me take her clothes off. When we were done it was Ivy and I that stripped her and then they did me. I was pushed onto the bed and Ivy stalked after me. I caught her and rolled and pinned her under me, “wild she.”

The guards laughed as they closed the door after we finished and Ivy rolled and pushed me onto my back. I woke to a knock and my hand went past Raven to the pistol on the table. Of course her hand beat mine and I had to shift and reach for the other one, “robber.”

She laughed as Ivy sat up, “come in!”

She held another pistol and the guard that opened the door froze before grinning, “your cousins and the Peacekeeper clan leader have the information on the Cregains.”

I moved over Raven and climbed out of bed, “I will wash and be out in a minute.”

I was washing when both Raven and Ivy came in and pushed my hands down. They started to wash me and before I knew it I was aroused. Ivy laughed and Raven gave me a rub and turned and wiggled her ass. I grinned and stroked her tail and turned her, “I have to go.”

She sighed and I rubbed my cheek against hers, “after I meet with my cousins and the Peacekeeper clan leader.”

She nodded and Ivy grinned, “bent over his new desk.”

Raven smirked as she started washing me. Once we were clean, dry and dressed we headed to the kitchens. Aunts and cousins were eating and stopped to bow. I snorted as I searched for warm cereal, “none of that nonsense.”

They grinned and an aunt caressed my cheek, “I am sorry about your parents Tiger.”

I nodded, “thank you.”

I took my bowl of warm cereal as I walked to my office. My cousins grinned at the cereal and the Peacekeeper clan leader smiled. I sat and gestured, “so where were the Cregains?”

Sina shifted, “most were in talks with the Saj clan leader or the Nor. They were still trying to get them to approve and sell part of the Saj and Aur systems.”

I frowned, “if grandfather already said no, why would the clan leaders think they could sell part of the system or that we would allow it?”

The Peacekeeper clan leader snorted, “they did not. The meetings were supposed to be for trade agreements. Both clan leaders did and do not want to see any part of the systems sold. Only six Cregains were not at the meeting. They were techs and their comms place them under the flight path of the shuttle.”

I straightened, “why?”

He shook his head and I turned to look out the window, “have the sats dumped the temp memory yet?”

He shook his head, “I checked and there was nothing from them.”

My mind was spinning and then seemed to snap to something I remember from a pilot class, “did you know that when a shuttle is on approach to land or dock at a station their system comps are linked to the control tower system?”

I looked at the clan leader, “you said they were techs? Could they hack the link and over ride the flight controls?”

He shifted, “they might be able to hack the link. I think the flight controls are on manual for landing.”

I hissed as I remember the class, “the flight controls might be but the engineering system is in the link for monitoring. From engineering you can access thrusters and the main engines.”

I nodded to myself and then looked at the clan leader, “have someone get the control tower link recording. If they hacked it, there will be a copy of everything they did in the link data. I want peacekeepers available to follow or take all the Cregains in the system.”

I tapped the desk as I thought and then gestured, “we can start with that.”

The clan leader left and I looked at my cousins, “we do not need another war.”

I sat and looked at Gloria, “when is the emperor’s voice coming?”

She checked her comp, “twenty minutes. The race ambassadors are scheduled for two hours after that ... that includes the Cregains.”

I sighed and nodded and looked at Mark, “I need a preliminary report on the tower link recording before that meeting.”

He nodded and I picked up my spoon and glanced at Sina, “look into incentives for multiple litters. Maybe territory rights or trade incentives.”

She smiled, “your father was already working on something. I will see what he had and make a few calls.”

I nodded and shifted, “see if the McCandless clan leader is available too.”

They left me to eat and when I was done, I took the bowl back. I returned to the office in time for the emperor’s voice to follow me in. He seemed sad and I knew he had been friends with my grandfather. I ignored the desk and sat and gestured to another chair. He sat and shook his head, “I would offer my sympathy. It was a terrible accident.”

I watched him and looked towards the windows, “or a ruthless assassination.”

He hissed and leaned forward, “who would do such a thing?”

I looked at him, “we believe it was the Cregains. I will know more within a couple of hours. In the meantime I would like to reassure you and let you know I am planning to acknowledge our treaty and trade agreements. Unless your emperor has something he would like to change I see no problems.”

He shifted and nodded, “we are in agreement and have no issues with the treaty or the trade agreements.”

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.