The P Complex and Crime X - Cover

The P Complex and Crime X

by Mat Twassel

Copyright© 2021 by Mat Twassel

Fiction Story: Recommendations from the committee concerning a certain heinous criminal behavior.

Tags: Fiction  

Dear Madam Chairman:

The Institute of Human Affairs has completed its investigation of the P-Complex and its relationship to Crime X. You asked the Institute’s Central Committee to summarize the findings and present a recommendation.

The P-Complex and Crime X

As you know, the study involved determining the correlation of a particular genetic pattern (the P-Complex) to the disposition and probability for individuals to commit a particular (and particularly heinous) crime, which we will call Crime X. The Institute has determined that there is an extremely high propensity for individuals with the P-Complex to commit Crime X.

Incidence of P-Complex in Crime X Individuals

The Institute sampled the genetic makeup of 131 criminals who confessed to and were convicted of Crime X. Of these, all but one (99.2%) had the P-Complex.

Incidence of P-Complex in Crime X Free Individuals

The Institute examined the genetic makeup of 1549 senior citizens (of age 80 or more, who had never been convicted of Crime X). Of these, six (0.4%) possessed the P-Complex. Furthermore, of those six “innocent” seniors who possessed the P-Complex, rigorous interrogation revealed that four of them had in fact committed acts tantamount to Crime X but had not been apprehended or charged, and one expressed a marked interest in Crime X but (being a quadriplegic since the age of six) was impeded by physiological constraints. The other subject expired during the interrogation.

Feasibility of P-Complex Alteration or Elimination

At this time it is not possible to alter or remove the P-Complex. The Institute doubts that such genetic manipulation will be viable in the foreseeable future.

A Proposed Solution

Given the extremely high correlation of P-Complex with Crime X and given the grave consequences of Crime X, the Institute recommends mandatory testing of all individuals for the P-Complex and the incarceration or eradication of all individuals found to possess P-Complex.

Popular Reaction to the Proposed Solution

Ninety-four percent of a representative cross-section of adults briefed on the P-Complex Crime X correlation and the proposed solution believe that the solution is morally justified and desirable.

Six percent of the sample of adults believe that the solution is not morally justifiable.

Genetic tests were performed on the represent cross-section of adults. The tests revealed that there is nearly a 100% correlation of the L-Complex of genes with those individuals who believe the solution is not morally justifiable.

Recommendations

1. The committee recommends mandatory screening of all people for the P-Complex.
2. The committee recommends the eradication of all people possessing the P-Complex.
3. The committee recommends mandatory screening of all people for the L-Complex.
4. The committee recommends the eradication of all people possessing the L-Complex.

Sincerely,

Central Committee for the Institute of Human Affairs

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.