A Helpful Man - Cover

A Helpful Man

Copyright© 2020 by Westside24

Chapter 8

It goes without saying that after Paige left that day Mark had a lot to think about. There was no question she was very wealthy. Despite her wealth, she acted like she was just a normal young lady who was not social status conscious. He knew he had come to enjoy being with her and hoped her wealth wouldn’t impede developing more of a relationship with her.

During the week in the evening, he phoned her. The happiness he heard in her voice told him she was glad he had called. They discussed what if anything was new in their lives. Mark said that since she had come to Lake Lancer the past two weekends it was his turn to make the drive and meet her in San Francisco.

She told him that was very nice for him to make that offer but told him it was easier for her to come to Lake Lancer than for him to go to San Francisco. She said if things went right at work, she would be able to come to Lake Lancer sometime Friday afternoon and would let him know more when her plans were firmed up. Why this was easier for her to come here he didn’t know but if that is what she wanted, he wouldn’t argue.

Mark was familiar with Charl’s Sandwiches and had eaten there when he was living in San Francisco. Besides the type of sandwiches you would find at the various sandwich shops, they also offered what they called a “Chubby hotdog and a Chubby sausage” sandwich, as well as French fries. These additional items differentiated Charl’s from other sandwich shops and probably were the reasons he thought for their popularity.

Thinking about what to do this weekend caused Mark to realize there wasn’t that much to do in the area. They could go to the football game which was an away game. The two Ken lounges were an option along with dinner at the two nice restaurants and the diner. Maybe he should inquire at the country club if they have a social membership. That way they could attend the frequent dinner dances they have and he was sure Paige would cause a few jaws to drop by wearing some of the outfits he assumed she owned.

What to do this weekend was partially solved when Mark received a phone call from Paul Leonard, the cardiologist at the local medical clinic. He invited Mark and a guest to come with him and few people on the pontoon boat for an evening cocktail cruise on Lake Lancer. Paul said the weather forecast was for some warm temperatures and he wanted to use one of the vouchers he had successfully bid on at a blind auction fundraiser. Mark accepted the invitation and texted Paige about it so she would have the proper clothes to wear.

On Friday afternoon Mark was in his home waiting for Paige when he received a text message from her. The message asked him to meet her at the Wilkinsing Foundation in forty-five minutes. He texted her back saying he would be there but couldn’t help but wonder why he was meeting her there.

He was parked at the Foundation a few minutes early and was waiting for her. It wasn’t much longer after the requested time that he heard the distinctive sounds of a helicopter and then saw a helicopter landing at the helipad. Exiting the helicopter pulling a small suitcase was Paige. He met her halfway and gave her a hug and a kiss and took the suitcase.

She could see the surprised look on his face and pointing to the helicopter which was in the process of lifting off. Paige said, “It is a company benefit.”

During the drive, she explained they could have landed in front of Mark’s house but if they did that then the neighbors would be asking who exited it, and pretty soon everyone would know it was Paige and that could put her safety at risk. Since a helicopter landing here is not unusual, she talked to Valerie Brandle and after explaining the situation Val said there was no problem in using the pad.

“I never thought about your safety being a concern,” said Mark.

“Unfortunately I do need to think about that because of a few things that have happened. That is why in this purse that I carry most of the time is pepper spray, a Taser, and a small pistol.”

“Remind me not to get on your bad side,” said Mark which caused her to laugh at his remark. He also remembered her taking the purse with her when she went to the bedroom the first night she stayed at his home.

Instead of going directly to the house, Paige asked if they could first stop for dinner at the diner for fish and chips. There was no problem with Mark doing that.

At the diner in eating this meal, Paige said she loved the fish. Because of that, she asked her people to look into putting a fried fish sandwich with this type of fish on the menu. The locations already have the deep fryers there which they use to make French fries. Adding a six-inch fried fish sandwich to the menu she thought would be not a problem and would be a moneymaker.

Back at his house they cuddled sitting on the couch watching or at least trying to watch the television. Paige asked Mark how the book writing was going.

“Number three has been sent to the publisher which I finally decided to call, “A Reversal.” I am working on the outline for book number four.”

“Can you tell me what that is going to be about?”

“In this one, our hero continues to work at the law firm gets involved in a few things. One thing is a television executive and an upcoming female talk show host who wind up making sex tapes of each other and then attempt to blackmail each other. While that is going on he gets involved in helping either an NBA referee or an MLB pitcher from being forced to control the scoring for a large betting operation. I haven’t decided which one. Then there is the son of one of the female attorneys at the firm who is involved in drugs and he needs to be help out. The book is going to end with our hero deciding to smell the roses and take a leave from the law firm. He purchases a small motorhome and travels to see the country. In doing that he gets involved in situations which will be the next book. This book is going to be called “Problem Solver” and the next one is “On the Road.”

“I can hardly wait to read them,” said Paige.

The cuddling they were doing turned into them doing some kissy-face and that resulted in them going to bed and making love.

To Mark, it seemed so right to be having this relationship with Paige and from how she acted he thought she agreed.

On Saturday they passed on going to the football game. Paige was content to watch Mark make two apple pies. She asked him questions about who would be on the pontoon boat this evening but other than Doctor Leonard who extended the invitation Mark said he didn’t know.

It turned out that on this pontoon boat cocktail cruise were the four doctors from the clinic and their significant others. With a clear sky, warm weather, and no wind, it was enjoyable to be doing this type of evening cruise. Mark suspected that Valerie Brandle may have informed the people on the cruise who Paige Turner was. Paige was welcomed and she fit right in with the ladies as they all acted like they had known each other for a long time rather than they had just met.

It was a nice evening that continued and got even better when they were back at Mark’s house. He took Paige to bed and made love. Maybe it was the alcohol because she was a little more aggressive than she had been in the past as she gave him oral sex and then mounted him cowgirl style.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.