Ex - Cover

Ex

Copyright© 2020 by Pappy

Chapter 2

“Hans took Hannah back to Germany.” this from Michelle.

“Marta went to meet with some State Officials about the new plant. We did not know if you were coming back or not.” Gina looked down as she said, “We did not know the effect what Hannah said had on you until JD explained. Sorry Dr. Di Rosa.”

I shook my head. “No one’s fault but mine, too much, too soon and I just was not ready for a repeat performance. I’m the one who is sorry. Now, do we have two rooms or one at least for Molly, then later for her sister?”

“You still want us here?”

“Nothing should change, except that obnoxious brat. Were else would even JD get so many cute caretakers like you. Besides, I guess JD has some chores for me here so you need to put up with me for a spell while I earn my keep.”


Yep, it seemed by the bright smiles on their face, those were the right words to say. I had the feeling a phone call or two would set things right with a few other folks too. I finally went to my rooms and sent Molly off with Gina to do all the things girls do when someone else is paying the bill. She would get the scripts filled and clothes for Melanie too. I expected Marta back soon and planned to set things back to center with the Daimler family, if not for only my sake but for JD’s too.

Michelle knocked on my door to tell me a light meal and cool drink awaited me on the patio; she said Veranda; cute; I expected ‘Terrasse’(Patio in German) What I did not expect was Hannah walking in. I got up, held out my arms in that universal sign for a hug as we both said “Sorry”. I saw Hans standing near the door.

“Great, now I have a beautiful dance partner for any club events and someone who knows what all those nifty gadgets are for in the car! You don’t happen to play golf do you Hannah?”

The 15 feet or so seemed to take her lithe body less than 2 seconds to cover before she slammed into my open arms. Before I put myself around her, I decided I did not care how much she spent on clothes and trips; she was worth every cent.

“Lets pick where we left off. God knows how many pups ‘WE’ have now. I’m lucky to have you around to help me Hannah.”

Her head collapsed on my chest. I kissed her head. “You know your beautiful, don’t you Hannah?” Poor Hans just shook his head as he walked out. Carrie came in and said: “Hey, we have a few pups that need a name guys?” We need food first Carrie, it’s sort of been a busy day for all of us. Sit down and join us, Michelle you too, I know you already made a ton of food; I’m keeping Hannah close by now don’t want to leave home without her.

My session with Marta did not go quite like I had thought, neither did things go my way when Gina and Molly came home with Mel. I think it was the after effect of finding Hannah sitting on my lap that did it. Poor Michelle must have been a Psych major, when things with Molly were heating up, she said: “Great, you are all back, let me show you to your rooms and Gail and I will bring you something to eat while you both refresh yourselves. Marta, dear, sit down at the table there and tell them how things went with the ‘Big Shots’.”

“Not very good, thank you very much. Men!” Marta and Hannah just exchanged looks, no words, but it was enough. She sat down, took my salad from me as I filled a glass with iced tea for her. “I hope you realize Reinhardt will want to see both of you before...”

“Perhaps ‘WE’ can take him some pups?”

“Yes, that and let us skip any other little details about today shall we? I’m certain the phone lines and emails to Germany have been confusing enough. If I know Michelle, she already has sent pictures of you two to Berlin.”

“Marta, I’m sorry for how I acted before. Hannah you are like the glass of cold water to the dying man in the desert, I never want to let you go again.”

“Are certain you are not from Europe, you already bring two mistresses with you. Do you really want me too?” Had she not been smiling when she said that I might have gone into shock.

“Enough of this you two; I have a real problem, I don’t know what to tell Reinhardt about the plant. What do you think? As she looked at both of us. Hannah shrugged.

“You know dear, just a few miles away you have some folks with real-world experiences in starting a new plant. The ‘enemy’ here will tell you only the things they want you to hear or offer things that line their own pockets. Let’s find out from Birmingham exactly what should be demanded.”

“Verdammt.(Damn in German) “You have a ‘Schlau’(Smart) one here Hannah.”

That got me a tap to my ribs. Hans was standing with Michele by the door to the kitchen shaking his head.

“Call right now. Have then send emails to Reinhardt. We go now to Berlin, kill many ducks with one arrow.” He smiled though, his Oxford training seemingly forgotten.

Gina, Molly and Melanie under Ralph’s care were given their marching orders for when we came back. ‘Find out what the town needed as well as evaluate the ways in which the Hospital should be improved. One last call to those nice men trying to sell a ‘pig in a poke’; sorry. WE had a private Airbus to Germany that next morning.


It was a long flight. Ralph called twice. He was only a sheriff, right? Well now, he seemed to know a lot about other things too. His first discovery was about the town’s lack of anything medical; the second confirmed what the Medico had said about nothing within 100 miles for either old folks or the kids if you did not have a car or truck.

“Ralph, unleash the girls on that problem, have some more coffee and doughnuts with that guy in the mobile unit we spoke with. Tell the girls we have enough extra funding for the short-term for any changes they want to make, Oh have them hire a few people to help and rent a place or two as support sites.” I made a quick stop to the hospital, fired four Execs who did absolutely nothing and, voila, we had $4 Million freed up to spend on things that were needed.

On the plane back to Germany As the emails went rolling in to Berlin, so did the phone calls to the plane. We, all four of us(Hans, Marta, Hannah and me) started making a list of the major needs and wants. By the time we landed here is what it was:

Land for the new plant plus expansion space An airstrip and re-fueling capacity Hangers and maintenance shops for planes and helicopters Rail sidings and long haul access capability Power Capability Water, storm drains and Sewers Commercial services nearby Sources of labor nearby Educational facilities nearby Zoning variances for security Eco variances when clearing land Tax considerations Noise abatement restrictions lifted, some JIT came or left at night Roads and access availability Housing within 5 miles School bus routes as required State and Federal services nearby Civilian services nearby

We sent on ahead some thoughts we had as well as things JD uncovered.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.