Ex - Cover

Ex

Copyright© 2020 by Pappy

Chapter 1

“Now, I must advise you again to have your own attorney review this document before signing.”

“Is this what JD and I agreed to?”

“At least that Dr Di Rosa.”

“Then I will sign it. JD would never lie to me and I don’t think he would keep you around if you would not do what he asked. My problems are not with him, I’ve known him too long.” He handed the annulment agreement back signed, Keith handed him an envelope in return and picked up the phone to make a call.

“I owe you $20 JD. He signed like you said he would, no lawyer, he did not even read it.”

“Let me talk with him!”

About the same time Scott was handed the phone he opened the envelope and looked puzzled. He took out the check and tried handing it back.

“JD, they made some kind of mistake. You gave me too much money!”

“What we agreed upon was wired to an account in your name, that’s the receipt in the envelope, the other check is because we found more things out plus money and jewels Doris had so I figured you deserved more for being agreeable to everything.”

“You didn’t have to do that, JD.”

“Like you didn’t have to be so understanding and not fight this. Besides it is a lot less than half of what she has; I know, I gave it to her.”

“Dr Di Rosa, this money is from your joint account, while married to Doris. Taxes have all been paid long ago. If you have any problems, the firm’s tax people can help you next year with both the Federal and State returns.”

“Scott, I want you to go to the place in The Pines, stay there until you’re ready to continue with living elsewhere. You’ve been through a lot, undeserving so. Keep the car, it already has been titled to you as are the plates. It is a nice little town with nice people. I wish I could say the same of my daughter. For her reason be damned, she done you wrong and I will be there to help you through this, Ya hear me!”

“Awe JD, you have already, with this money I may never have to work again. I just want a simple life for a change, not a life like Doris mapped out for us.”

“Go, keep in touch. Remember, that house, the town, the people there are special to me and I’m certain will be to you. There is some help there and the outside is all kept up by outsiders.(Pun) I called ahead and told them to extend club, golf and tennis privileges to you; which they did. Stay there as long as you want, maybe I’ll come down and play a round or two with you if I get get a room there.”

“Damn it JD, the worst thing about this is losing you as a father-in-law. I don’t deserve all this.”

“Yeah, you just want me to lose but I can’t make it all go away and give you what you do deserve.”

The attorney handed him his card with a private number written in. “Call if you need anything, consider this firm your legal council, now give me a dollar, I have to pay JD the twenty now and I’m a little short on cash.”

Scott left shaking his head. On the front seat of the AMG GLS(Maybach) were maps and travel guides with a note that The Pines’ house was already programmed in the GPS. Yes, he would miss JD more than anything.

‘Might as well start on my future.’ Scott said to himself. He checked out of the hotel he was staying at, packed up, deposited the check at the local Wells Fargo Bank Branch, took some cash out and started out to The Pines. Looking at his new balance, he felt he was a wealthy man, but not just for the money.

After some food and a fill-up, pulling into The Pines was not what he expected it to be. The area was wide and spacious, trees were everywhere but, a bit not what the house in Charlotte was like. At first glance these homes were probably no more than $250 - $300,000 about the same as a top of the line AMG GLS he was driving.

The flashing blue, red and white lights got Scott’s attention. The man in uniform walking up did too, he was looking through sheets of paper. Scott was stopped and had not done anything wrong as far as he knew.

“Howdy, Dr. Di Rosa. I’m Ralph, JD wanted to make certain you got settled in just fine in your new home so he had me check things out and show you around a bit.” The greeting, his smiling face and the extended hand made all the difference. He got out of the car and met the man with a handshake.

“I appreciate that Ralph, I really do; things have weighed on my mind lately.”

“JD explained a few things so we cut back on the staff for a bit to give you some time to adjust to the fast-paced life here;” he snickered. “All the outside work and the pools are done by contract workers and right now only Michelle and Gina take care of things inside the house; you’ll like them.”

“I was surprised some, the house does not look that big!”

“By design, eight master size bedrooms, staff suites, eight bathrooms, an indoor/outdoor pool and a great deck with a hot tub. Oh, almost forgot, Cinga and Lana and family. Not certain how many there are now, Lana’s pups are due any day now. They guard, well, everything, if they like you. They seem to think everyone is there to serve them though.”

“I like dogs. Are they big ones?”

“Yeah, I guess you might call them big. Carrie takes care of them. She is another member of your staff. Right now I sent her on some R&R to give you some peace and quiet or else she’d be telling you everything about those dogs since they were pups themselves. Doc Martin stops by to check on them daily, but Lana’s not too keen on people right now, She’s sort of special, Hell they all are, like they can understand everything you say and anticipate you.”

“Sounds like JD.”

“Yep, the staff bedrooms are on one side, yours and guest rooms on the other. The dogs patrol all day and night, there are six others, their pups and Black Diamonds(Rare breed of regular wolf and giant shepherd) in addition to Cinga and Lana. The house sits on 160 acres plus there is a back way into the property. I’ll show you it later, you will have a key to the gate and my people patrol it several times a day.”

“Seems like you do a lot for JD.”

“Nope, He does a lot for us, this whole town owes him a lot.”

The “It’s time!” shout from a very tall blonde wearing sandals and flopping in an undersized, bright blue bikini now got both men’s attention. “Hiya Doc. Hi Ralph, get the other Doc and Carrie over here ‘Chop Chop’; Lana’s having her babies.” As she ran back, two mouths were open watching her jiggle on her retreat.

“That was Michelle. She cares for Lana while Carrie is away. Not real shy as you can see.”

“Yes.”

Another streak carrying things in her arms was headed into the trees.

“That’s Gina. I’d better start making calls. Drive up and park in the driveway. Get comfortable some, giving birth is not a clean event. Just follow the small path to the cave, they will be inside.”

Scott was starting to get excited. Everyone was taking this litter as a huge event. He figured no coat jacket, white shirt, tie and shoes was stripping down enough. Michelle came running back out of the house and handed him a green surgical gown and gloves.

“All of it!” Then ran on the path towards a dark entrance to a cave.

Dropping his drawers then... “Great idea!” as a silver haired pixie ran up, placed her hand on his shoulder and started her own strip tease.

When down to no bra but panty clad, she took his hand and led down the path. “Hannah!” was all she said as if that was enough.

Unlike Michelle and Gina; Hannah did not have much to jiggle as she ran. What she did have was now clearly on display though.

Once inside the cave, the smallest horse or the biggest dog he ever saw sat baring the cave entrance. Hannah grabbed him and started rubbing his ears saying what a good daddy he was going to be. As if he understood what she had said he now had a somewhat smug look on his face.

Her grasping Scott and pulling him forward was un-expected and almost made him fall.

“Cing, meet,...”

“Scott.”

“Meet whatever, I am so exited.”

More might of been said but the crescendo of sirens and air horns outside got everyone’s attention. A line of new people came in. Ralph called out names. Carrie, Doc Martin, Pete(one of his who drove Carrie), Bonnie an EMT who had been nearby with Doc Martin and Charlie the EMT driver. They acted like this was an everyday thing, all for a litter of puppies.

Cinga was big alright, the biggest Shepherd he had ever seen. That was not the real surprise though, when he saw Lana not only was she big, but was unlike any dog known to man. She was, in-fact a wolf of some kind.

When Lana saw Carrie, she fell back on her side and looked to say, ‘C’mon, let’s get this show on the road’ she seemed to say by the look on her face.

When JD had gone to Germany on business, he found Cinga, then Lana, more accurately, she found him, treed by a bear. Now one wolf was generally no match even against a small bear. One Dire wolf, genetically brought back from ancient fossils was though. There was an entire forest of animals brought back to life from the Stone Age in this part of Germany. A few survive to this day, Lana was one of these. Cinga, was something else, not wolf, not dog but a unique blending, never seen since. It was all started by the Nazis in an effort to popularize German culture. (Lutz Heck at the Berlin zoo started with an Aurech, another of the advances that disappeared with Dr. Hans Ing Kammler) Most breeds were slaughtered for sport by Russian and American officers to minimize any German advances in technology and by hunters for food.

JD would have let things go with being saved, his hosts who owned most of Mercedes would not. Cinga and Lana were now to become part of JD’s life; even to the exception on keeping a wolf was not too much for a Daimler to have done. JD’s wealth and a possible new Mercedes’ plant for North Carolina had a similar effect on any US restrictions, an exception was made here too.

Everyone had seen what the plant in Birmingham had done to revitalize the Atlanta area and wanted the new Mercedes plant in their State.

There was a lot going on to look at in the cave, however Scott’s eyes were drawn to one thing; two actually, since Hannah was now more opposite him, kneeling at the 9 position, that changed later when the pups started coming and she reached over to hand one to Scott. Not the most elegant hand off but one that the momentary groping brought a smile to both faces. By the time Hannah had another she was leaning against Scott. Michelle was the only shy one here possibly.

Baby bottles, towels, water bottles and masks went from Michelle to Scott and Hannah. This was an event everyone participated in apparently.

Things seemed to be going along nicely for Scott and Hannah, even for the pups until a hand was roughly placed on Scott’s shoulder.

“How dare you touch my sister, You are to leave now, do you hear me?”

The outburst garnered an immediate response from Ralph, still in uniform. “I think it is you Bobby that needs to leave and now. Scott is already home and from what I see, your Step Sister-in-law is comfortable where she is at.”

The red-faced teen started to sputter and tried to puff himself up.

“If you would be so kind to excuse my Step-son Mein Herr. He as yet does not know how to act like a man. My Niece, Hannah has quite often had to put a stop to his foolish behavior. He tries so hard to be like a Daimler but fails, miserably. I am Hans Bauer.” He extended his hand.

“Scott Di Rosa, pleasure to meet you Herr Bauer. If I was out of line in any way with your Niece my apologies.”

“No apologies are necessary, Reinhardt informed me before we left Germany that you were taking over this property from Johann. His daughter, Hannah wanted to come along.”

“I shall be moving into the main house, Uncle if your people could move my things over I will tell my father why, if you feel it is necessary to do so.”

Michelle gave a little giggle. Yes, it would be nice having a real Daimler here again.

A slap to the back of his head got his attention and defused any further insults from the red-faced boy. He was on a flight back to Germany that same evening. More lessons needed to be learned.

Although no words were spoken, Gina took note of everything that had gone on. Her email to Reinhardt would result in a lengthy phone call this evening, no doubt. Marta had hand-picked her; though only a distant link remained, the de Medici blood ran true in Gina.

Scott never noticed Michelle’s closed eyes at hearing Hannah’s words. Why she ever thought there would be any respite from this girl she wondered. At 15 she was the human version of Lana, no longer in-training but a fully functioning She-Wolf in her own right, perhaps not equal to her older sister Marta, but close, as she was proving today.

One could see a difference between them if you knew them well. Her sister Marta acted on instinct. Like their father Reinhardt, things were instantly classed black or white; she rarely changed her opinions. With Hannah now, her world held infinite possibilities. Both how things were to be if left alone and how she could change them to suite her purposes. One thing both sisters had was an unwavering resolve once a decision had been made. The sale of stock in Airbus, stopping more the aid to the EU and the future direction of Daimler, for an example; on this they both would agree.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.