Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 49

Same driver as the first time ... she must have the morning shift.

“Did you find what you were looking for?” she asked.

Alice said, “A boy showed us where to go.”

The driver said, “Of course he did.”

“Asked for our phone number, too,” I said.

“What did you tell him?”

“Police Station in Pentwater, Michigan.”

She laughed ... and braked.

Settled down and driving again, she asked, “You here for pre admission testing?”

“Yup.”

“I’ll drop you off at the right corner.”

And she did ... Wichita and MLK. The Testing Center is on the back side of the George Sanchez Building ... but the address is on Speedway. If we’d tried to go in the Speedway side of the building, we’d have been late ... instead we were early.

Early impressed the Testing lady no end. The rest of the testees were ‘fashionably’ late.

Seats were by assignment and numbered. Every effort was taken to assure friends were separated. Phones, headphones and calculators were surrendered.

The Testing lady said, “After the main test ... participants will have the option to CLEP out of general education classes. The tests given today and tomorrow are free. CLEP tests taken after tomorrow are on a ‘pay per class,’ basis. It is possible to test out of the Freshman and Sophomore years.”

Proctors distributed the test and watched. Two Proctors per row and several ‘rovers.’

The tests were numbered ... the instructions printed on the test were ... DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE TEST’ ‘READ THE TEST’ ‘TAKE THE TEST’ ‘RETURN THE TEST’

The Testing Center doesn’t grade any of the tests. The tests were checked by others and the results were posted by number.

I read through the first test ... followed instructions ... waited for the 90 minute minimum to expire and turned my pages in.

“I’ll take every CLEP test possible today and tomorrow.”

“You won’t know the results until September.”

“I’m visiting my dad until September ... Auntie Mom decided it was his turn.”

“Does he have a different address?”

“Fiji.”

“That’s different,” she said. “Fiji ... like the island?”

I whipped out my little black book and read, “Sailing Vessel Flint, Berth One. Marina Naisoso, Nadi, Fiji.”

“You are...?

“Tyche Selene Flintkote.”

She looked on her list of attendees, “Flintkote, T.S. 165 Green, Pentwater, Michigan, Princessapality?”

“That’s me.”

She opened a folder with my name on it and handed me a test.

I looked.

“Ooo ... fun!”

Is using the ‘collective unconscious’ cheating?

Probably.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.