Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 27

Uncle David kept the town in cash for two winters fixing the interior 0f the Olsen’s boat ... during the sailing season ... they sailed. When the boat was done, the Olsens had a home to be proud of.

They took the voyage ... down through Niagara, past Montreal and out to sea. The Bahamas had them for the winter.

Every spring, when the ice was off, they’d sail up the Saint Lawrence, past Montreal and Niagara, Lakes Ontario, Erie and Huron and summer in Pentwater. Little Miss Wannaboat Olsen went to work with me building 3.7 Farrs ... and I made sure she WORKED. We split the profit and expenses. We managed 4 a season and sold every one of them. Our boats were built to a standard the Hispanics were unable to meet.

Ours were Twenty-three thousand five hundred while theirs were Fifteen K. Ours were pretty ... theirs were fast. Not FASTER ... competitive.

I even sold a few in New Zealand.

Can you see the crossed eyes and hear the razz-berry?

When Mr Olsen said he made a killing in the market ... he wasn’t bragging ... No ... if anything, he had understated the facts. The stock was a ‘penny’ stock. He bought a 2500 shares for a penny a share and sold them for 256.20 a share three months later.

The company brought out their widget just after he bought. It seemed like every time he turned around the stock tripled ... three for one and the price exceeded 76 dollars a share in two weeks.

He sold every share he owned.

“I bought it because I was bored,” he said. “After I got out of the market, the President went nuts and dropped the bomb on that little island up north ... now, what have I said that upset you so?”

He was talking to Junior. We had become fairly good friends and Surprise had bought her house ... we saw her often.

I said, “She was the sole survivor.”

“She’s the Princess?”

“Uh huh.”

“But ... she’s so ... so...”

“I’m standing right here,” Junior said.

“ ... Normal,” he finished. He stood and bowed, “Your Highness.”

Junior executed a credible curtsey. “Don’t call me that. I’m Junior.”

Mr Olsen was helping Mrs Olsen to her feet.

“Sit ... sit...” Junior said. “None of that. I work for a living.”

That was a fairly dishonest statement ... Junior was on her cell a lot but sweat? Not a chance. She had minions. It is also a fact of life ... when employment was such that a family could be happy with one provider doing work they liked at a decent living wage ... there isn’t a lot of dissent. Prices were going down and executives wages were reasonable ... still high ... but livable. Homes abandoned by the rats and their ilk were available to all. But most people were satisfied with ‘what we know’ and are used to.

Life in the Princessapality was better than life under government.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.