Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 20

“They’re getting better,” I said.

“Sounds like a line from Monty Python.” Junior had to chuckle after that.

“I ain’t dead, yet,” I said.

“I’m getting better,” Junior said.

Then we both laughed.

Recovering, Junior said, “You’re ten ... how do you know about Monty Python?”

“Surprise has the whole shebang on DVD. British slapstick is funny ... not like American humor ... most of what Americans think is funny ... is generally offensive. Insulting.”

“As an attempt at changing the subject ... how’s school?”

“If I wasn’t reading graphing exponential and logarithmic functions, probability distributions, sequences, series, and proofs by induction, trigonometric functions, transformations, and reciprocal functions, and solving trigonometric equations ... I’d be bored. Vectors and vector operations start Monday.”

“You already know spherical ... what’s up with that?”

“Don’t say that out loud near Mr. Henderson ... he’s quite proud of his star pupil.” I grinned.

“Thinks he’s teaching you something new?”

“Ayup,” and grinned even bigger.

“Ah.”

“Wanna see inside?” I asked.

“Inside?”

I waved my hand at the aquatic palace. “Inside.”

“Oh,” Junior said, “sure.”

“We have to fetch the ladder. C’mon.”

I headed for the street. Junior balked.

“Why is the ladder at the marina?”

“David has it.”

“Unca Dave?”

“Uh huh.”

“Why does Unca Dave have your ladder?”

“Insurance,” I said. “Unca Dave is the reason I’m paying insurance for MY boat on MY property. One buck a foot per week.” There was a pretty noticeable pause ... and then I said, “Length on deck ... bowsprit doesn’t count.”

“Why do you own this boat?”

“Surprise.”

“She signed your name on the title,” Junior said.

“Ayup.”

“Ooo ... she’s a sneaky wench.”

I nodded, “She’s paying for her boats. One more wouldn’t hurt.” And I pouted.

“Tyche. SHE DOESN’I PAY ... HER MOM DID ... IN ADVANCE!”

“Ooo ... she IS a sneaky wench.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.