Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 121

“What ever gave you that idea...?” Everett stuttered.

“Adam doesn’t call me babe,” I said.

Alice said, “Nope ... he doesn’t ... he calls you Ti.”

“Everett, I know you have a strong competitive drive. I know you have had all of Adam’s girlfriends. If you try anything with me ... I’ll have Junior transport you to the Middle Ages and leave your ass there. Won’t you, Junior?”

Junior, who wasn’t standing next to me when Everett accosted me, said, “Maybe to the pirate coast of Africa.”

One, who materialized right on the spot, said, “How about now?”

“No!” Alice said, “I’ll take him.” She popped another button and leaned forward. Alice has excellent suspension and ‘57 Caddy bumper bullets.

“Alice!” I admonished. “Behave yourself.”

“I’ll be good,” she said.

From the look on Everett’s face in the morning ... she was.

Twins in the hot tub was interesting. There wasn’t a lick of difference between them ... it was like they were poured in the same mold and shucked out alike.

But ... even when Eve started calling me Ti ... I knew. They didn’t smell the same. Everett was bitter in my nose. Adam was roses ... even straight out of the shower.

About this time Raul said ... in my head ... his vocal chords weren’t shaped for English... ‘I wanna fly ... take me up mommie. Do cartwheels above the clouds and lomcevaks and loops and all the other things daddy used to do’. Poor thing ... he missed his Navy pilot.

So ... I asked around ... was given a city number and called. Answering machine:

It is hereby declared unlawful for the owner or operator of any balloon, dirigible, airplane, or other machine, apparatus, or device of any character or kind used for aerial traffic to cause or permit the same to reach a point or position in the air closer than 2,000 feet to the surface of the ground while the balloon, dirigible, airplane, machine, apparatus, or device is passing over the corporate limits of the municipality; provided, that the foregoing does not pertain to any helicopter being used by or for Memorial Hospital, Inc. business, and permission is hereby granted to allow the helicopter to land on the Memorial Hospital, Inc. grounds for the purpose of transacting the business only. No person operating any airplane or other machine, apparatus, or device of any kind or character used for aerial traffic shall loop-the-loop, indulge in tail spins, or in any manner engage in any stunt flying or carry out any maneuver more dangerous to person or property than the ordinary and proper flight of the airplane, or other machine, apparatus, or device, over the corporate limits of this municipality.

“Adam ... I’m taking Raul for a spin. Wanna go?”

He said, “Where?”

“Outside populated areas. I’m probably heading Port Lavaca and ... wait.”

“Had an idea?”

“Yup,” I said ... found my purse and phone and called San Marcos.

“Good afternoon.”

“Good to hear your voice.”

“Any airshows coming up?”

“Just packing?”

“Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Kelly Field, San Antonio. They’re fueling free?”

“Me ... my boyfriend ... and my cat.”

“The weekend? I’ll check.”

“Adam, can you go this weekend?”

“Yes ... if I get to ride too?”

“Colonel Joe? On our way.”

I hung up.

I looked at Adam...”You ride in the hold. Raul? Second seat.”

And we were in the air an hour later.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.