Migraines and Dying - Cover

Migraines and Dying

Copyright© 2020 by Anthony Concept

Chapter 2

Rehab and other stuff

I’ve spoken to a few other cardiac arrest people, none who I have met claim to have seen the mythical tunnel with a light at the end, or St Peter. I deduce that some who claim such may have a deep religious conviction, their beliefs, I’ve no cause to doubt their recall. Logically, if the heart stops (that moment before I died), then the flow of blood to the brain ceases, If the brain stops, then there cannot be a memory.

For the next few weeks, I was shit scared to do anything; rehab soon set me straight on that thought, “You’re not sick get the finger out and exercise” So a rigorous regime of torture was implemented. A brisk walk around the rehab centre for 15minutes, then hand weights for 5 minutes then the step up for another 10, then stretches. Shit, I’ve just had two major heart attacks.

The rehab became easier and to tell the truth, I felt better than I had been for years. I started walking around the lake twice a week and found walking tracks I never knew existed.

SOMS, silly old man syndrome. I became over confident as the years went by, “I can do it”, then one day I found ‘I can do it’ did me. My wife has a small electric mobility scooter, she was down the town shopping when I got a call “The darn battery is flat.” So off I went, sure enough it had run out of charge. The scooter breaks down into several easy to handle pieces. I separated the battery and hauled it down a flight of steps to the car, then a repeat with the seat, SOMS kicked in and I picked up the main body with the motor (40kg) and carried it to the car, wife going crook at me for being a bloody fool. Driving home I felt a tightness in the chest so I headed for ER. Another gabby, only an infarction but still serious. Over the next four years this silly old sod had five more. One time I was sent to Melbourne for a test and another stent was put in. After the operation I had trouble with my vision, I was seeing things that weren’t there, lettering like one sees on packages but when I tried to read them, they changed. One day I lay down for a nap and I was looking through a window onto another house but not one I recognised, I was going bats. Thankfully it settled down but if I look at a face, I don’t see a full picture, I ‘d had a stroke.

I was having trouble with my waterworks, stand and not deliver. The urologist sent me for an MRI, prostate cancer, watch and wait, 60% of men die with PC not from it. So, I watch and I wait.

2018 I noticed a lump in the left side of my neck, the doc ordered a biopsy, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. A visit to the oncology department and I was booked in for a course of immunotherapy, six sessions a month apart. I’m now in remission, my mother died of lymphoma, there was no treatment then.

If I was a dog, I’m sure they would name me ‘Lucky.’

Nuff about me, I’m sure you migraine sufferers want here my story about that malady.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.