Bad Days and Good Times - Cover

Bad Days and Good Times

Copyright© 2020 by Westside24

Chapter 3

The following day when Matt went to the office he found that Jenna was already there. There was a little discussion of what their plans were for the day. Matt said he was going to see Troy and give him a brief update on the trip they had just made. He also said he needed to meet with the Attorney who will be drafting the contracts and discuss with him how that will be done.

Jenna said she was also going to the foundation’s office also to speak with Carl Mason about who they use for their office furnishings and equipment and then she was going to contact them to place an order from the list she had almost completed. There were also other things she said like landlines and internet installation which needed to be done. She laughingly told Matt she was going to be a busy girl and said he would be better off working from a desk at Troy’s location rather than here. She didn’t know how long it was going to take to get the office in shape but she is going to try her best to get it done as soon as possible.

Troy Kane seemed interested in hearing Matt’s report on how his trip had been and what he had learned. He said that since this was a completely new endeavor for the foundation just had Doug been given carte blanche authority so too would Matt have that same blanket authority to set up this business.

He gave Matt the name of Attorney Michael Eagle who was at the firm of Wellman and Wallace who would handle the drafting of the contracts. Troy also gave Matt when he was asked for the contact information on Valarie Brandle who was the CEO of the Wilkinsing initiative that medical services were made available to all the citizens of a given State. Troy had no problem in giving Matt this contact information but wondered why he asked for it. Matt thanked him for this information and he couldn’t help but wonder why the CEO’s office of this operation was located in Lake Lancer which was a small town in northern California rather than in LA.

Matt was shown to an unoccupied office that he could work from till his office was ready for occupancy.

First on Matt’s agenda was to contact Attorney Eagle and make an appointment to meet with him. He was able to make an appointment with him for the next day. Matt spent some time at the copy machine making copies of the contracts Doug had given him. Matt would give these copies to Mike the next day for him to use as a guide along with Matt telling Mike what he expected him to do.

Matt was in the process of drafting a mission statement when Jenna walked into his office and said, “Lunch?”

They went to the same restaurant they had been at Monday and after placing their order Jenna asked Matt if he liked the desk, chair and credenza that Troy had in his office.

“Sure, I thought they looked pretty nice,” said Matt.

“Well that is what I ordered for you. I also ordered a number of other things, most of which was in stock and can be delivered tomorrow. There is a good chance we could be operational by Monday.”

“If that is the case then place the ads in Sunday’s papers about us being open for business. Use what Mia gave you as a guide.”

Matt could see Jenna was enthused with what she was doing. He thought he was lucky to have someone like her assisting him in this project. Throughout the remainder of the afternoon Matt’s mind would periodically drift to thoughts about Lori and what could happen.

After washing up Matt was at Carlo’s at five thirty wondering if Jenna was right about Lori and if she would show up. Six o’clock had come and gone with no Lori which put a damper in Matt’s mood. Finishing his drink in the lounge Matt was getting ready to leave when Lori walked in.

Matt’s spirits immediately lifted in seeing her. She was wearing a dark blue form fitting dress which showed the nice figure she had.

Walking up to Matt she said, “I am sorry I am late. There just wasn’t an Uber available and then when I was in one I left your card at home so I couldn’t call to tell you because of traffic that I was running late.”

“You had me wondering but I will admit now that you are here things are good. I will also say that you also do look very good,” said Matt which caused her to smile.

Dining with Lori was a nice experience thought Matt. She gave him her full attention and was a good conversationalist. They talked about what Matt’s job entailed and about some of the unexpected things that happened on flights which Lori had been on. He chuckled a little when she told him about three instances during various flights of couples who attempted to join the mile high club.

After dinner Matt gave Lori a ride to her home. During the drive Matt wondered if what he hoped for would happen when they arrived at her place. Lori had mentioned that her roommate who also was a flight attendant about this time was probably touching down on her flight to Tokyo.

It turned out that what Matt hoped for happening did happen. Lori invited him in to her place when he parked his car. Later when he thought about it he could say that she was at the same time inviting him in to her “special place” when she gave him that invitation.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.