Rachael and the Sultan's Daughters - Cover

Rachael and the Sultan's Daughters

Copyright© 2023 by Rachael Jane

Chapter 17

I don’t respond to Zoe’s suggestion straight away. However, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. With a brutal war raging in the west, there’s likely to be more refugees fleeing the fighting. Many will be destitute and be obliged to sell themselves into slavery. Most will be people I’ve no interest in acquiring, but some are bound to be young women suitable for training. With Amina’s help with the language, I could make considerable profit from such turmoil.

I agree with Zoe’s assessment of Makina and Farai, and certainly the extra help is going to be necessary if I intend to fill the Halls to capacity. Hafsat is the mystery. She’s changed dramatically in the space of a few days. I had initially assigned her to water carrying duty to try and make her realise what could become of her if she didn’t do better during training. Instead she seems to relish the thought of being allowed to make several trips a day to the town cistern, despite the heavy weight she must carry back to the Halls.

There’s no immediate rush to make a decision. The next slave auction isn’t until next week and the new slaves will all take four to six weeks to train. However, I make a point of talking to Isa to verify my earlier observations. After talking with her, I confirm that it is in both her and my interests that she be offered for sale next week.

Tabib makes arrangements to claim one of his bonus fucks a couple of nights later. As on the previous occasion, he is offered the choice between either or both of Zoe and me. Needless to say, he chooses to fuck both of us. Although the slaves are locked up and we try to be discreet, the purpose of Tabib’s visits on these occasions is becoming common knowledge around the Halls. The likely source of the gossip is Hanna or Isa, who are the only slaves who aren’t confined to the cells at night. Only the younger children are kept in ignorance of what goes on in Zoe’s and my room.

Even though our water supply should be adequate, Hafsat asks to be allowed to make a couple of round trips to the town cistern. When I was slave, I loathed water carrying duty and I struggle to comprehend why any slave would volunteer for the task. However I have no other duties for Hafsat at the moment, so I allow her to do so.

“Hafsat is up to something,” says Zoe, mirroring my own thoughts. “Should I follow her and see what she does?”

“No. Beyza told me the likely reason before she left us. There’s a street merchant and his son who trade near the town square. The son has taken a liking to Hafsat. I’m waiting to see if that develops into an offer to buy Hafsat.”

“We would lose a willing water carrier if that happens,” replies Zoe.

“I don’t think Hafsat likes carrying water any more than you or I. It’s the chance to socialise with the merchant’s son that she values. Besides, the dry season is nearly over. Once the rains start, the spring will keep our cistern full no matter how many women we have here.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.