Adventures of a Greenie, Green Marine (Vol 3) - Cover

Adventures of a Greenie, Green Marine (Vol 3)

Copyright© 2020 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Chapter 5: Re-Animated

McElligott was not certain what talents the Glou might have, but he was pretty sure they were based on Psionics, and this latest Union shield technology was not only opaque to it, but an effective way to isolate a psionic user from accessing that trans-spatial condition where Psions could be accessed.

The small humanoid, sure enough, fell to the ground, no longer able to levitate himself.

The Old Highlander got up and gestured towards a visitor chair that established itself. “As I said, your highness. I am not only the Admiral of the Fleet and in charge of the most powerful organization, but I am its architect and builder, Mr.Glou.”

The small green man got to his feet and climbed on the offered chair. “I must admit this shield of yours has cut off my access to the Psion source, but it should have also severed that external control I was speaking off. Don’t you realize that you are under the influence of others?”

McElligott opened a drawer on his desk and retrieved a rectangular gray metallic object it had a little green light on one side and through the transparent open sides, a tube could be seen. Inside the tube suspended in a greenish goo a little black organic-looking thing. “Do you mean this Smilak?”

The old Admiral placed the cube on his desk and produced another similar looking cube and inside suspended in bluish light, a small alien device that had the appearance of a metallic worm with a great number of spider sill thin legs. “Or perhaps you refer to this very advanced Seenian Will-Bender?”

The small man with the old face nodded, openly perplexed. “Yes, there was concern that you are under the influence. Does this mean all your actions and decisions were your own?”

The old admiral sat down. “Mr. Glou, these are only two of a dozen things and attempts to get me under the control of others.”

He sighed. “Your hero Stahl, is not the only one with unusual friends and not the only one that was summoned by what we call the Guardian.

I too stood face to face with that entity, sent to observe and manipulate us humans to prepare us not only for the Galactic Stage but to prepare humankind for an upcoming event or crisis of cosmic proportions.”

He played with the cube where the little black creature suspended in goo, slowly moved its tiny legs. It was clearly alive.

McElligott said. “I know many see me as an old fool and perhaps I am and I have no idea how old you are Mr.Glou, but when it comes to human lifespans, I have seen a great number of years pass and with a life that long, there come certain realizations because people like me have a lot more time to think.”

“These cubes, they are not of Union tech origin aren’t they?”

“Wrong, Mr. Glou, they are. We have many members and not all of them are as protective or selective of their technology. Human science knows about psionics long before the Ascent.

There once was a nation called the Sovjet Union, they successfully confirmed the existence of Telepathy in 1967, Union time. In 1947 the Americans shot down an alien craft of the Freons. The event caused the creation of a then-secret response agency known as AXIOM.

The leader of that agency was only called Mr. Smith, but he was a Pan Saran stranded on Earth since before the Second World War

Phil Decker, one of us Immortals was born in 1912 and married a Saresii long before the Ascent.

Cherubim another one of us Immortals walked on Earth when Gilgamesh was around, which was almost 6,000 years ago. She has seen and protected Earth from many visitors to our planet.

A good 200,000 years ago, a Neanderthal and a Cro-Magnon man fought an Alien invasion with the help of the Guardian.

The Neanderthal’s name is Bopho and he was made immortal by the Guardian. He and his tribe left Earth back then and we made contact with them in 4101, these Neanderthals based their technological development on the Anuna and reached a very impressive level of technology all on their own.”

The small green man listened and slowly nodded. “We, the Ariglou observe Earthers since you arrived on the Galactic Stage.”

McElligott put the cube down. “What I am trying to tell you, that humans are not as naïve and unprepared as you and others think. We know about psionics and it is not just the Saresii, the Leedei, the Kermac, or your society researching this phenomenon. Union and Earth science have developed their own PSI tech. Perhaps not as elegant as Saresii tech or as powerful and refined as Leedei advances, but it is solid and works well.”

The old Admiral opened another drawer and retrieved a strange gun-like weapon. “This. Mr. Glou is a Psion-Burner. The Terran version of a Kermac Neuro Ripper. This prototype was developed in 2100 OTT, and it works just as fine as a Neuro Ripper.”

“I begin to understand, Admiral McElligott. Now two questions remain, if you know about this, why are there concerns that you too are controlled? There are indications that this is so.”

“And the other question?”

“Now that you appear to have me under control and in the possession of these things, must I be concerned about my safety?”

“I answer your second question first. Your safety depends on where you stand and what your agenda is. I am inclined to believe your agenda is benevolent because you mentioned the Gray Ghosts and your reservation knowing that I was made a member just recently indicates that. However, I am not entirely sold on the Gray Ghosts. The group’s selection process seems kosher enough, but who is checking on it once elected?”

“This is a valid question, Admiral and I am able to answer it, but would you mind answering mine, the first part?”

“I know about the attempts to manipulate me and I was flooded by external thoughts just very recently. I am playing along to unmask the source. I confess, I do not like Stahl and I am convinced there are more ways to achieve an objective than straight and open confrontation, but to plot to have him assassinated is far beyond anything I would ever do. As much as I question the decision to pick him, he has proven to everyone including me that he is the greatest tactical genius. Of course, I will not harm you, but if you ever tell him I said that I might change my mind.”

The small green man with the old face suddenly smiled. “I think I take you up on your other offer. I heard you might have a bottle of excellent scotch around.”

“I think I might have.”

“We, the Gray Ghosts have no real decision power, Admiral. We are just an advanced circle of advisors. Whatever we agree on is sent as a suggestion sent to the Assembly, just like the recommendations of the Security Council. The only difference is that we have access to all Union secrets.”

--””—

Roy found out that the Immortal Warrior was not eating in a special mess with high ranking officers in dress uniforms. There weren’t servers or fancy china and silverware. The admiral took him to a place called the Village.

It was, so he learned the core of the Devi’s recreation deck. Stahl explained. “ This is the so-called R deck, Roy. You can find one on every Union ship, of course perhaps not as big and as diverse as this one. It is perhaps the most important deck of the ship because recreation and relaxation are very important and the Union Navy and Union Marine Corps have thousands of years’ experience in such matters. If you ever lead men Roy, recreation and diversion are as important as discipline.”

The village was an entire town so it appeared with parks, a lake and to his delight a forest. Of course a well-groomed forest without any dangerous lifeforms at all.

He and the Immortal had a meal at one of the many restaurant choices, where to his delight found an Andorian BBQ wheel on the menu.

More and more he found himself at ease being in the company of that important man.

He was given quarters and only a day later, he was summoned to a hangar deck. The summons was made by a Holdian Fleet Luitenant and the small rodent-like being helped him to find where he needed to go.

This time he found the Immortal in full uniform, with polished boots, all in Union Navy black and with admiral’s gold on his sleeves.

He greeted Roy with a shake of his head. “We are here, Roy. I mean we have arrived, but recruit khakis won’t do.”

“Sir, I have nothing else. They took my bioseal-suit at processing.”

The Admiral rubbed his chin. “True that and I can’t really interfere with the Marines and that means I can’t make you an acting rank.” He sighed, “Well, I guess recruit khakis it is. Let’s get this over with so I can go back to my war and you back to boot camp.”

--””—

Geha felt trapped and betrayed, not necessarily by Martha, but by the system that she represented and all her opinion on what the Union represented felt validated.

The three armed females holding a weapon like objects, Geha could not identify were stepping closer, when Alegar the one she believed to be the one that betrayed the trust of Martha grabbed her hand and the scenery and everything changed.

Before they had been in a deeply wooded area, with tall trees, soft grass and moss covering most of the ground, now they were on a bridge of stone or Duro-Crete connecting an empty platform behind them to an impressive collection of spires and buildings.

Alegar dropped to his knees and said with a weak voice. “Forgive me Geha, but I shared a lot of my psionic abilities with someone to teleport us this far.”

It was cold and Geha could see snow-capped mountain peaks around them. It was not only very cold and windy, but the air was also much thinner than where they had been before.

Geha still felt confused, but no longer betrayed. Wherever this Alegar had teleported them was away from the armed Saresii.

She knelt as well. “Is there anything I can do?”

Alegar gave her a weak smile. “I will recover.”

As this was said, three Saresii came from the collection of buildings. All three wore cat creatures like masks and instead of the usual catsuit like garments, long flowing robes out of gray material. The middle one also carried a long staff in the right hand with a glowing cat-eye like object on top.

Geha was fairly certain it was the middle one that spoke. “Alegar, she is neither Saresii nor Gray Cat, how dare you tap into the secret stream to bring her here?”

“Because other Saresii have refused to...” Alegar’s voice ebbed beyond the audible.

“We will clean this intrusion.”

Geha got up. “I do not know where I am or who you are. I did not ask for your help or to be brought here. I do not know who Alegar is. I will leave and try to find my way, but I am tired of being the plaything of others.”

She gathered her focus, she could clearly feel the three. “I will leave now.”

--””—

Martha’s Com unit chirped and woke her. She blinked and remembered that she was still at Sam’s. The message carried the Institute logo, so she answered. “Dr. Harrow?”

“Yes, Martha it is me. There was a visitor here, from Science central, a Dr. Erine with a prestigious offer for you.”

Martha just woken, collected her thoughts. “I am not interested, I left the prestigious science aspirations back on Alvor’s Cove.”

She was now fully awake and added. “Did you say, he was here?”

“Yes, because you did not let me finish. Dr. Erine was just found dead in his hotel room. Ranger Solomon wants you to come in for a few questions.”

“Questions? It is the first time I hear this name.”

Harrow’s face was replaced by that of the ranger. “I am sure this is the case, Dr. Masters. We still like you to come in for a few questions, this is routine in a case of homicide and the victim came to see you.”

Not sure what to think about all this she said. “Alright, I am clueless regarding all of this, but I am on my way.”

She disconnected and got up when Sam came in handing her a mug of delicious smelling coffee. “Be careful Martha, be very careful and call me as soon as you are done with the Ranger.”

She took the mug. “Why? I have no idea who this man was, I don’t even have the slightest idea what the ranger could ask.”

He also shrugged. “It always pays to be careful, Martha.”

She sipped on the strong coffee. “I don’t know you, Sam but you almost sound worried. This is not Freespace, we are home and Ranger Salomon is a friend.”

Sam watched as she climbed into her flyer and took off.

“Charles, take care of the farm for a few hours. I think I go to Anthill for a few errands.”

--””—

The planet had several names, in Union catalogs, it was called Summit-Peak and more commonly referred to, simply as the Summit.

This rock-core planet was the only occupied world in a K-type star system.

Like the Planet of Universal Peace, this world was also famous for being a place for important meetings between space-faring societies. Summit-Peak was an overall cool world. Union science knew only little about its bio-sphere, but it was known since the times of the First League, as such a meeting place.

It was located in the Upward sector. It was here where the Wurgus suggested holding this meeting.

Roy looked down himself as he stepped into the main passenger deck of this fancy looking D-60. “Are you sure this will be okay?”

Stahl already sat in a seat was quite pleased so it seemed. “Why not? I am wearing it all the time. Technically it was the official uniform of the United Earth Armed Forces and Fleet, but there are ni rank insignia and we are officially the Union now.”

Roy dressed identical to the Immortal legend, with a black combination, shiny black belt, and polished black boots.

The young man from Green Hell could not help but feel incredibly proud as the Auto Dresser, by instructions of Stahl assembled the Admirals old pre-Union uniform without any rank insignia.

The Shuttle was the most recent, most advanced D-60 with a quadruple set of Attikan engines. It looked sleek and fast and for a shuttle was well armed with clearly visible forward-mounted FE-Projectors.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.