CRP - Cover

CRP

Copyright© 2020 by GalTab

Chapter 1

Current Responsible Party.

We’re in Central City, the State’s Capital. The year is 2080, and Timothy Davis is finishing up his day. He’s an accountant for one of the larger government contractors in the state, manufacturing Personal Data Corneal Implants. This is his story.

Sitting back in my chair, I stretch from hovering over the monitors all day. I can’t wait to get out of the office. It’s been crazy getting the quarterly taxes finished up. I take a last look and see a discrepancy in one of the smaller subsidiary businesses and decide to check it out. I read an associated memo attached to the file stating the shipment of Personal Data Implants had been lost due to a shipping accident and signed off by the CEO Mr Wallace. I wondered why he hadn’t attached form A387 with the completed report. I shot him an email requesting the form and decided to follow up tomorrow since it was already time to head home. I sign off the discrepancy, adjusted the balance and smiled knowing all the numbers worked. I tidied my desk, put away my epad, locked my desk and headed out the door.

As I enter the elevator, I notice my location has just been pinged. I checked the time and decide my wife must have checked my location while planning dinner, so I put it out of my mind and waited the short ride down to the parking garage. The elevator opens and I head to my personal parking space. As I approach the car I heard it engage, I pause as the door automatically opens and as soon as it’s clear I step in and took my seat at the driving console. Making myself comfortable I hear Betty say...

“Good evening Mr Davis, I’ve adjusted the temperature, and checked traffic conditions for the trip home. Will there be any stops on the way?”

“No, just head home.”

Betty responds...

“Very well Sir, here we go.”

As Betty pulled out of the parking space and drove out of the garage I ask Betty...

“Play something soothing.”

Immediately some soft music began, and sounded familiar from some old classic movie I had seen as a child. I closed my eyes and relaxed since it would be a 25 minutes ride home.

A few minutes into the ride my location is pinged again. This is strange, I think to myself, so I say...

“Display the location access log.”

My Corneal Implant display shows this week’s logs, and the most recent being 3 days ago. That’s interesting, so I decide to check on Sarah at home. I say...

“Locate my wife.”

My corneal display reads, Sarah Davis, Davis Home, Kitchen. I say...

“Locate kids.”

My corneal display reads, Rachel Davis, Davis Home, Rachel Davis Bedroom. Nickolas Davis, Davis Home, Nickolas Davis Bedroom. I then say...

“Betty, call home.”

The phone beeps twice and I hear my wife say...

“Hi honey, what’s up?”

“Did you just ping my location?” I ask.

“No it wasn’t me, maybe it was one of the kids?”

“Ok it might be a glitch, I’ll be home in 20.”

“Ok, see you then.” She said.

“End call.”

Then settled back into the seat, and plan to report it tomorrow at work. 5 minutes later Betty beeps and says...

“Rerouted, Incoming call, unknown caller.”

“What do you mean rerouted, ignore the call.”

Betty says...

“A new destination, Department of Revenue. Override protocol.”

Before I can respond Betty says...

“Incoming call, answered.”

“Timothy Davis.” a voice says...

“Yes, who is this?” I ask.

“This is Mr Reynolds with the Department of Revenue. We are bringing you in for questioning. Your ETA here is 15 minutes, so please relax.”

“What is this about?” I ask.

“All your questions will be answered soon.” Mr Reynolds says.

Betty says...

“Call complete.”

I ask Betty...

“Call my wife.”

“Communication locked.” Betty says.

“Locate my wife.”

My corneal display reads, ‘Location unavailable’.

Fifteen minutes later, I arrive at the Government Campus. 2 officers meet me at my car before the door would open. I’ve been here several times over the years, but each time I had come in response to audits. This time was very different, and I was feeling a little shaken by it. The officers said...

“Mr Davis, please come with us.”

One walked on each side of me as they guide me into the building. We stepped into a private elevator and an officer pushed C. I knew the Revenue offices were on the 6th through 8th floors and had never seen a floor C, but I had never been in this particular elevator before. The elevator stopped, and the door opened to a huge room filled with glassed in offices on the outside walls, and cubicles in the center of the room. Now I’m starting to feel a little anxious about these questions. As we walk down the right side of the room we pass several glass enclosed offices, and I glance into each. As we pass the third office I see Mr Wallace, the CEO of the company sitting in front of a desk with a man standing, and pointing to a monitor. I am relieved to see him here as well, so we can get to the bottom of this.

I step inside one of the offices and a man is sitting behind a desk without looking up he says...

“Take a seat Mr Davis.”

I sat in the chair directly in front of the desk. After a short time the man said...

“I’m Mr Reynolds, we spoke briefly on the phone on your way in. Do you know why you’ve been detained?”

“No I don’t, but I assume it has something to do with my employer since I saw our CEO in another office down the hall.”

He began...

“Yes, we’ve been watching activities within your company for months, since we discovered your CEO had stolen a Government shipment of Personal Data Implants, and covered it up claiming damage. We found the shipment in a warehouse 3 weeks ago, and we’ve been monitoring him, and the paper trail waiting to find his accomplices. At 4:55 PM today, you tipped your hand by approving the loss on the books, and writing off the shipment.”

I quickly respond...

“I had nothing to do with a stolen shipment, I don’t even get close to merchandise, I’m just an accountant.”

He said...

“That’s exactly who he would need to partner with to hide missing shipments.”

“But I didn’t know anything about it. I found the discrepancy today and read the note attached to it which was signed by my boss.”

Mr Reynolds said...

“We are aware of the note, and were waiting to see who acted on it without the proper forms, and that turned out to be you Mr Davis.”

“But I emailed him requesting the proper form and told him I would follow up with him tomorrow.” I explained.

“One moment.”

He called someone on the phone requesting verification of the email. I waited patiently as he talked on the phone. After a few minutes he asked me to wait, and stepped out of the office. I saw one of the officers who escorted me here standing by the door, and I am surprised how nervous I am for not being guilty of anything. After another 10 minutes, Mr Reynolds steps back in, and sat behind his desk. He turns to me and says...

“Mr Davis, I have good news, because of the email you sent your CEO, you’ve cleared yourself of participating and trying to cover up a crime.”

I felt elated and happy I sent that email. He then says...

“Now for the bad news Mr Davis. By not waiting for the proper form you committed a crime allotting to insurance fraud and defrauding the Government. How do you plead to those charges Mr Davis?”

I shout out...

“Plead? I was doing my job and haven’t done anything wrong.”

Mr Reynolds said...

“Your boss has already pleaded guilty, and his assets have been seized. He’s going to jail for a long time. Had you not sent that email you would have been joining him. With what you’ve done, you can get off with paying the fines and no jail time. We are already preparing the paperwork for collecting the fines.”

I ask...

“How much are the fines?”

Mr Reynolds looks at his monitor and reads out to me...

“1,150,000 credits.”

“What? I don’t have that kind of money.” I said.

Mr Reynolds replied...

“We are fully aware of that, and we are currently going over your assets.”

“How much time do I have to pay it off?” I asked.

Mr Reynolds replies...

“One moment ... With your current available credits and personal property you still have an outstanding balance of 200,900 credits.”

“What? You’re taking my property, and I still owe 200,900 credits?”

Mr Reynolds says...

“Yes, we are currently seizing your personal property. You no longer have a job, and because of these charges, other companies have pulled their interest in you. Most companies have a strong policy of zero tolerance for this type of crime. The States Human Resources Department has already been alerted, and is making arrangements to assist you.”

I scream out...

“What? This is ridiculous, you can’t seize everything and send me to Human Resources to be reassigned.”

Mr Reynolds replied...

“Actually we can, and because your debt is to the State, Human Resources will make sure the debt is paid. Good day Mr Davis.”

With that he summoned the officers to escort me out.

I was in shock as 2 officers escort me down a long hallway. We step into an elevator that only had an up and a down button. They pushed the up button and started moving up. The door opens to a hall with doors on the right. As we walk down the hall, I hear what sounds like crying behind some doors. We come to a door marked J, and an officer opens the door. While one walks in the other tells me to follow and stays outside. The officer pulls a chair out from a small table and tells me to sit down. He then turns and walks out the door saying someone will be with me shortly and closes the door. I get up and check the door, yes it’s locked as I suspected. I glance around the room and say...

“Locate my wife.” My corneal display reads... ‘Unknown location.’

I then say...

“Message my wife, something has happened. I haven’t been able to contact you. If you get this contact me, I need our lawyer.”

I walked around the room and found a small bathroom with a shower, a small closet with a rod and shelf, a bunk bed on each side of the room and the table with 4 chairs that was just inside the door. The far end of the room looks as though it has some type of folding doors, probably to expand the room size. There is a monitor on the far right wall, and looking up I see what appears to be recessed video cameras, much like the ones everywhere in the city.

After a short time, an attractive woman comes in the room pushing a cart. She takes out an epad and stood over me. I ask...

“How long before I can go.”

She doesn’t answer my question, but starts reading her epad and says...

“My name is Ms Watson, I am your assigned Counselor during your stay with us”

I asked again...

“How long a stay is this?”

“From 1 to 7 days.” She says.

“1 day is plenty I’m sure.” I respond.

She smiled at me before continuing...

“I have a few questions to make sure my data is correct. A yes or no answer is sufficient.”

“Ok.”

“Your name is Timothy Davis, age 37, brown hair, brown eyes, weight 172 lbs and height is 5’9, is that correct?”

“Yes.”

“Your wife’s name is Sarah Davis, age 36, auburn hair, green eyes, weight 128 lbs and her height is 5’5. Is that correct?”

“Yes.”

“A daughter Rachel Davis, age 15, light brown hair, brown eyes, weight 110 lbs and height is 5’4, is that correct?”

“Yes.”

“A son named Nickolas Davis, age 14, light brown hair, brown eyes, weight 130 lbs and height 5’7, is that correct?”

“Yes.”

She writes a few notes then sets the epad down on the table and walks to the cart. She pulls out a stack of gray coveralls, places 1 on the table and the rest on the shelf in the closet. She does the same with some shoe-socks, those ridiculous socks and soft shoes in one, a pair of gray underwear that looked like panties, then a small zip lock bag with toiletries. She pushes one of each in front of me and says...

“Change into these, this will be what’s worn during your stay here.”

I looked at her thinking, just overnight. She waits a moment then says...

“You may go into the bathroom and change if you would like.”

I grab the clothes and step into the bathroom. I change into the ridiculous coveralls and come back into the room wearing the coveralls and shoe-socks complaining the underwear was old. She says...

“You get clean clothes daily and all clothes are rotated every year. You can look at the tags for the rotation date. Now, I’ll be taking your clothes and I need all jewelry other than wedding rings.”

“I don’t have anything else.” I tell her.

She gathered all of my clothes and said...

“I’ll be back shortly, and we will go over orientation with the rest of your group at 10 PM.”

With that she closed the door behind her.

Another 30 minutes pass, and it’s now 9:45 PM when I finally hear the door open and an officer say, “Step inside.” I look up and bound out of my chair as Sarah then Rachel and Nickolas step through the door. I hug my wife first then we all hug. The officer says...

“Someone will be with you shortly.” and closes the door.

I start explaining to my wife what’s taken place, and she can’t believe it either. She tells me that an hour after we had spoken 4 men knocked on the door and escorted them here where they’ve been in a room down the hall till now. They had to go through a series of questions about health and personal information. She has been trying to message me for hours. The same with the kids, all of our corneal implants have been blocked.

Our exchange of experiences was disturbed by the intercom...

“Mr Davis and family, this is Ms Watson your counselor. I will be with you shortly but first, if you look in the closet you will all find your coveralls, shoes and personal hygiene package. Please change into the coveralls and when finished place all your personal clothes and property, including jewelry except wedding rings on the table. Mr Davis, you can help them with this. Try to hurry and I will come start the orientation in a few minutes.”

Sarah and Rachel looked at me, seeing how I was dressed and had a look of doom in their eyes. Rachel started crying as her mother and I handed out the coveralls, underwear and shoe-socks. First Sarah changed to show the kids everything would be ok. Then Rachel, and finally Nickolas changed. All the clothes and personal belongings were placed on the table. We all sat, and I explained what had happened to get us into this mess, and blamed my company CEO for all of it. I told them how the State Human Resources Department would help relocate us and soon we would be out of this mess but life would be different till the debt from the heavy fine was paid. I felt horrible for my kids and wife, because I am the head of the family, and they are my responsibility. We all held hands and waited for Ms Watson to come and start orientation.

At exactly 10 PM the door opened and Ms Watson came in pushing a cart, and asks us all to sit down at the table. She asks if we are hungry and places a tray of assorted finger sandwiches, cut vegetables and fruit on the table. She puts out 4 bottles of water and tells us to eat. While we nibble on a few things Ms Watson takes all the clothes and personal belongings and places them in the same clear plastic bag mine were in. She then turns to Rachel and says...

“Rachel, your earrings please.”

I watched as Rachel removed her small studded earrings that she had worn almost nonstop since she got them for her birthday last year. She was very upset and Ms Watson told her they would be safe till everything is returned to us later. Ms Watson then pulled out a box and opened it. It was full of dark gray rings, she asked Sarah and I for our wedding rings. We were reluctant to give them up but she said it was mandatory. We took them off and handed them to her, and she used a ring sizer to find each of our sizes, then hands us rings of the same size saying we must wear them. They were heavy and thick, and seemed like some type of iron. Mine even had a little rust on it. She then began sizing rings for both Rachel and Nickolas, and they had to wear them on their ring fingers as well. She began setting up her epad and linking it to the monitor on the wall. She told us our corneal implants are being reprogrammed and will soon be available to use.

We snacked as Ms Watson continued tapping away on her epad, I suddenly saw my corneal display go blank and what looked like a reboot sequence. When it was finished, there was a screen that said, ‘To begin, say, I’m ready to begin.’ The 4 of us looked at each other and all had the same look on our faces. I asked...

“Ms Watson, what is this new program, why didn’t it use our current data, and why start a new walk through?”

Ms Watson says...

“Good it’s all set, and we can begin shortly.” without answering my question.

Ms Watson now explained how to finish the setup of our corneal implants. She expressed honesty and warned it must match with any known records. She says each of us needs to begin, and we’ll continue with orientation when finished.

“I’m ready to begin.” I said, and the screen starts a sequence of questions.

Name; Timothy Davis age 37; Yes or no? Yes Date of birth; June 13, 2043, Yes or no? Yes Weight; 172 Height; 5’9, Yes or no? Yes Gender; Male, Yes or no? Yes Sexual Orientation; Heterosexual, Bisexual, Homosexual or As Directed? Heterosexual. Sexual Virgin; Yes or no? No Anal Virgin; Yes or no? Yes Oral Virgin; Yes or no? Yes Libido Switch Implant; Yes or no? No Triggers; Yes or no? No Body hair laser ; Yes or no? No

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.