Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 81

The plane construction proceeded apace. From the tail feathers we constructed the wings, the cowling, and invented brakes. Having seen the problems with the most popular radial we went with the 137-hp Scarlett 7u. The company, Verner, has been flying one for two years and 300 hours. Mom insisted on the engine. We finished the aircraft and then I found out it’s not aerobatic. The engine runs well and has that ‘real’ airplane sound.

Maybe I can sell it and finance a Pitts.

I learned a lot ... spent like a sailor on liberty and had fun. Alan didn’t last with Surprise ... I didn’t expect him to. She got pregnant in the Black Sea because she got drunk ... lesson learned.

I’m 9 now... 14 in New Zealand ... if I was still there. The fourteen year old lives inside me ... talk about confusing. Now I know why I won’t get the watch for three more years.

The Hispanics bought the business. They’re citizens now. Surprise still builds her boat interiors but she has her own shop in the old theater. She spends a lot of time away ... comes home on weekends ... otherwise I rattle around in this big house by my self. Sofia still helps out but I’m not messy so most of the time we drink soda and gossip. My Mexican is very good.

When the ice goes off the boat goes in the water and into storage every October. I have a volunteer crew. We sail when we can. There is a fleet of Farr 3.7’s spread up and down the Lake Michigan coast. I win some ... lose others

David has salvaged the tanks. The bodies are buried in their own cemetery in the scrub forest behind the town ... east side. The Princessapality took responsibility for the expense. I got a medal ... and a letter in my file. The file is buried in the records. I’m just a little girl.

I shall be ten next fall ... and a high school freshman ... I wonder how that will work out. I practice my katas everyday ... I’m ready for them.

I’m tall ... awaiting the next development.

Life ... don’t ya know.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.