Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 69

“She’s four here and nine in New Zealand.”

I nodded.

“But time is an immutable law of the Universe.”

I shook my head. “I’d need for you to companion my brother to prove it. There are portals to other worlds where time doesn’t match up with Earth. No matter how long you’re on Chaos ... fifteen minutes passes on Earth.”

“You mean ... I could be there for years and fifteen minutes passes here on Earth?”

“Grace Austin went to Chaos with her brother ... she was there three years ... fifteen minutes passed on Earth.” I said.

The Powers that Be be said, “Nope ... When he went back to get her ... oh ... hello Jenny ... We’re the Powers that Be ... You are important ... you just don’t know it yet.”

The Powers were just a little shimmer in the dark corner of Jenny and Surprise ... and Tyche.

Tyche was waiting for the video man who was waiting for his students who were waiting for mom to set the food on the table ... and they weren’t going to miss mom’s cooking for any reason.

“Let’s get Grace and let her explain,” said the Powers.

That didn’t work.

Grace took one look at Jenny and told ... TOLD ... not asked ... told the Powers to, “Get my brother here ... instanter! Like NOW.”

“Why?”

“Don’t ask questions ... just do it!” She turned to Jenny...”Let me see your hands. No ring.” She turned to the Powers, “He’s not here yet. Get on with it!”

“He’s on Chaos.”

“Since when did that stop you?”

She made the ‘get on with it’ gesture recognized throughout the Multiverses.

And David was there ... he stank ... a normal condition on Chaos ... not so much here. He was armed to the teeth and scruffy looking.

“Hmm...” he sniffed,” Ah ... Pentwater...” Then he noticed Jenny ... the World stopped. “Marry me. You have fifteen minutes to make up your mind. I’ll be back.”

“Who was that?” Jenny asked.

“My brother,” Grace said. “It’s going to take longer than fifteen minutes. Once he’s home he’s going to have to drive up here ... that’s another two or three hours.” She gave the Powers a look, “Unless you want to speed up the inevitable.”

Seven said, “I suppose...”

“So ... David had a reception committee waiting in the hall ... and then he had no time to answer his mom when she asked, “Where is Grace? Where in the heck did that kid go? I swear...”

In the gym, Jenny said, “Yes.”

Las Vegas.

And they were back.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.