Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 67

A harried Jenny brought Tyche back about 4PM.

“We’re all adults here, Yes, Tyche ... I include you. With you age is just a place-marker...

“ ... Holy Shit Holy Shit Holy Shit! Miss Flintkote...”

“Surprise, please.”

“Very well ... Surprise. She’s beyond brilliant ... but she’s so normal.”

“You should watch her fly.”

“She showed me her license ... is that for real?”

“Yup ... ask Junior.”

“The Princess? I wouldn’t presume...”

“Junior,” I called.

“Hi, Surprise ... Hi, Tyche. How is my favorite 4 year old? ... Hi, Jenny ... it’s good to meet you. I owned a home here and never lived in it. I’m ashamed ... I try to meet all the important people where ever I go.”

“I’m not important.”

“Yes ... you are ... you guide children on the road to adults ... try anyway. Some are already on the wrong path and there isn’t much you can do with them. I met enough of them when the Island...

“Sorry ... I miss my mom.”

“You issued a pilots license to a four year old?”

“Have you seen her fly?”

“Umh,”

“That’s a no,” Junior said, “You have insufficient data. Be right back.”

And she was. Oh, she flickered several times ... and if you know what to look for it would be obvious. Jenny had no idea.

“Tyche?”

“Yes, ma’am?”

“Let’s go to the gym.” The gym is regulation high school basketball court size... 50 feet by 84 feet by a minimum of 24 feet high with a moveable wall halfway. This size is recognized by all High School Accreditation Agencies. If a high school wants to compete in local, district, regional and state competitions, the court must be a standard size.

Although there was no one practicing there were a few teachers and administrators looking at the apparatus in the middle of the floor.

Tyche recognized it immediately ... her control seat. There was a small electric RC plane at one end of the gym.

“Will you accept the postulate that Tyche can fly the aircraft if she can takeoff, perform a series of maneuvers and land as evidence?” Junior asked.

“I would ... with reservations.”

“Tyche ... your area is 100,800 cubic feet,” I said.

Tyche gave a considered look and said, “50 by 84 by 24. Yes, Ma’am.”

“In her head, Jenny ... in her head.”

That pretty much stopped the show. Then she flew. She was a little rusty ... Fiji was ‘difficult’ about her age ... until she presented her license. Fiji’s ambassador to the UN was signatory.

A small electric radio controlled aircraft can make a basketball court look huge. And Tyche is big for a four year old.

The model didn’t even bounce on landing.

“She’s done that in my Pitts,” Junior said. “I will admit she bounced ... but it was her first time in the air in a real airplane.”

“Hey ... I lived,” Tyche said. “Landings equals take-offs. That’s the most important part about flying. The other thing is if you’re going to crash ... don’t take innocent bystanders along.”

“What does that mean?”

“Passengers take their own chances ... pilots should crash in uninhabited locales.”

One of the men said, “I fly ... she’s right ... anybody dumb enough to climb into an airplane ... is taking their life in their hands.”

Another guy said, “I’m in the Air National Guard ... she’s right.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.