Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 52

“How did she learn to sail like that?” He said. “She’s four.”

So ... we ... the three of us ‘explained’ that she was family and what family knows they all know. You can imagine the looks that got. Very much like the look you’re getting. Yup. Just like that.

So ... Tyche took him to the computer and showed him the opinions of Freud, Jung, and Lacan. She’s four. Her spelling was correct. The search engines didn’t change her submissions. As she was explaining that this passage or that paragraph meant ... he gave up.

Not exactly gave up ... he bowed down to superior intellect.

“So ... you’re ALL like that?”

Head bobs all round ... with the newborns waving hands and feet.

“Them too?”

More wood bird heads bobbing in water glasses and waving babies.

“You guys are dangerous.”

And more acknowledgment.

“Care to see just HOW dangerous?” I asked.

“Umh,” He said.

“JW,” I said, “What do you think?”

“The portal?”

“Yup,” I said. “It’s only fifteen minutes.”

“Lieutenant, are you bored? The same idiots day after day?”

JW said, “Mel means really bored.”

I said, “Do you miss adventure?”

“I’ve been bored since I stopped participating in the SCA.”

“College ... the Society for Creative Anachronism...” I said, “How’s your sword fighting?”

“Pretty good,” He said, “Why?”

I dug around in the chart table and handed him Rules for Heroes Companion. Read that ... tell me what you think.”

JW said, “Sit ... you can’t take it with you.”

Half an hour later he handed it back. “Now that’s funny,” he chuckled. “You guys print that yourself?”

“If it were real ... would you go?” JW asked.

“In a heartbeat,” he said.

“Cyn!”

“JW?”

“Be back in fifteen minutes, Lieutenant ... tell your crew you’ll be back in fifteen minutes.”

Cyn said, “JW ... don’t get lost again.”

“Surprise ... fetch him a robe. Tyche ... wanna visit?”

“Lieutenant ... nothing plastic or metal can pass the door ... except Tyche ... she’s in and out at will.”

As the trio passed through the portal I heard JW’s caretaker, “JW ... who is this ... and Tyche! EVA ... Tyche’s back.”

I also heard a voice that sounded a lot like the lieutenant...”HolyShitholyshitholyshit.”

I settled in with a book and coffee.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.