Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 50

Another thing. Tyche seems taller ... and she’s used to baby sitting.

So ... I cornered the Powers that Be ... I am pissed at Seven.

“What did you do?” I was NOT happy with my daughter.

“Foster parents. I couldn’t come back with you ... so I stayed.”

“I had you for FIVE years ... you could have at least said goodbye!”

And I gave That a minutes think. Another axe to grind...

‘Nother thing. Tyche should be nine ... we were there five years.”

“Yeah ... don’t ya just love the watch.” Not a question ... just a ton of sarcasm.

“No, I don’t ... but you didn’t get it at 12. Tyche is more of a daughter to me than you were ... Brat!” I said, “I think I’ll give it to her.”

“Are we having a mother daughter spat?” Seven said.

“I think so,” I said.

“‘lo mom,” Seven said.

“‘lo baby,” I held out my arms. She came to ‘em like she did when it stormed.

Seven hates lightning. Sometimes I think she thinks the real Powers that Be are going to get fed up ... and do her a mischief. She never steps over the line ... but she nudges it a good one every once in a while.

“By the time I was 12 I didn’t need a watch.”

No matter what year it is now ... Seven was sprung from my loins ... in New Zealand ... in 1973 ... OMG ... Seven is FORTY-SEVEN ... and I am 22. My head is spinning after THAT revelation.

ERK She was born 25 years before I was!

“Bye mom.” <Ooo that’s gonna leave a lump>

“Surprise? (slap) Surprise! (Slap) SURPRISE!! SLAP

I could hear Tyche ... I could feel Tyche ... But I wasn’t getting up. I was jello ... I was jello ... until she said, “JW, Daddy. Fetch me a bucket of harbor water.”

“You BRAT!”

I exploded from her lap.

I struggled to my feet. “I’m up. I’m Up. JW ... don’t you da ... Oh. GOD! JW. I KNOW WHERE YOU SLEEP!”

Tyche was pretty drippy, too. Not drenched ... splashed a good one ... I WAS soaked.

And Cynthiamae hollered out the open sliding-glass doors, “DAMN IT ALL! Surprise! You woke the kids. You put ‘em back to sleep. NO! Change first ... and take a shower ... you smell like the lake!”

“Cynthia McWilliams! You have your own boat ... what are you doing in mine!” I said as I sloshed past her.

“The babies like yours ... it’s littler ... and rocks better.”

“JW!”

“Yes, Surprise?”

“Wanna swap boats?”

And that got Cynthiamae worked up ... HER boat was bigger than mine and life had always been like that. Bigger ... better ... newer...

But where it counted ... I was smarter, responsible-er ... is that a word? and the powers LIKED me.

I jumped in the shower ... one of the best things about my boat ... I have a BIG shower ... room for several. Right now it’s two ... me and a four year old.

“Mom ... oops ... That’s going to take some getting used to. You been mom half my life. Auntie Surprise? Put on your wetsuit ... lets go race.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.