Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 34

“I don’t care about your coffee,” she said. “And bring a camera. I don’t know how long they’re going to stay like this. I want proof.”

A pause and racket from the other end.

“Just get out here ... I’ve seen grown dogs do this ... not puppies ... dogs.”

The door behind the desk opened and a white coat sleeve and a camera clicked ... and again ... and again.

Murray was facing the door, Silver was looking sternly at the row of kittens...

Murray noticed the arm and camera ... perhaps he’d had contact before ... up close and personal.

Murray yowled ... pandemonium. Kittens everywhere. No matter how sharp kitten claws are, traction on ground and polished concrete is nigh unto impossible. But it’s fun to watch.

“Gimme that camera. This is going on MY Facebook page.”

“Not the shelter page?”

“Are you kidding ... I want the Shelter page to reflect reality.” She scanned in the three pictures. “Stuff like this is impossible.”

“What about the cats?”

“They’re here for registration,” she said.

“Where are their kennels?”

“You need to talk to the boss cat about that.” She nodded at Murray.

“What about their owner?”

“I’m pretty sure the cat is it,” she laughed.

Silver trotted over with the oldest kitten scruffed. She deposited the 7week old at the Vets feet. While scruffed, kittens ‘tuck-up’ ... fold their feet to keep from dragging and possibly being dropped and stomped by mom. She set him down and put a foot on its neck.

“This one’s first?” asked the animal doctor.

Silver gave the kitten a little push ... as if to say ... yes.

“What are we doing here?” the vet asked the adult ... JW.

“Don’t look at me ... Tyche is running this show ... I’m just the driver.”

“No neuter ... chip ‘em ... register and shots,” said the four year old.

“Just the kittens?”

“Nope ... the bunch. Does it hurt?”

The Vet gave the standard spiel,

“The microchip doesn’t have an internal battery or power source. In fact, most of the time it’s inactive. When the microchip scanner is passed over it, the microchip gets enough power from the scanner to transmit the pet’s ID number. Since there’s no battery and no moving parts, there’s nothing to wear out or replace. The microchip will last your pet’s lifetime.”

Then he said, “Your chip, has a battery and a transmitter. So daddy knows where you are...” he chuckled.

“I don’t have a chip,” Tyche said.

“Are you sure?”

JW grinned.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.