Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 30

She didn’t finish her ‘split ... she shared it with one of several feral cats that accosted her on the way back home ... the boat. 90 feet of boat is home no matter what the Child Protection Agency thinks ... and they do try.

This time it was a ‘report’ of an unescorted wandering child who ‘should’ be in school ... even if it IS summer. Junior put a stop to that.

“Mom, the Princess, decreed that the accused MUST be confronted with their accuser. You know that ... no ‘anonymous’ calls or reports ... no ‘fishing expeditions.’ Go away.” Junior felt the need to explain, “Tyche was ‘catching up’ to her parents. Kids lag ... the smart parent keeps going.”

“She was seen feeding ice cream to a feral cat,” said the disapproving CPA employee. “Cats are dangerous and feeding them reenforces disreputable behavior.”

“I’ll just bet you’re a dog person,” Zoe said.

“I love my bulldog,” she said.

“Bet your bulldog loves you,” Junior.

While conversations were ongoing, Tyke was inching her way towards ‘home.’

“And where do you think you’re going, young lady?”

“Home ... Junior has already told you to mind your own business,” Tyche said.

Bad move, kid. Very bad.

“And where is home?” asked the CPA employee.

“Sailing Vessel Flint,” and she pointed.

“The Marina? You can’t live at the Marina, it’s not an address.” The sailing vessel finally registered. “A BOAT!” she shrieked. “School students can’t live on a boat.”

“I’m not a student. I am four,” she held up 4 fingers. “Four and two months. Not five ... five is next summer. 300 days till five. By then, I have no idea where I’ll be.”

“WHAT do you mean?”

“I’m Australian ... born in Brisbane, I’m four. When I was two, Surprise ... my aunt ... rescued me and mom when daddy abandoned us ... but I don’t think he knew about me ... he sure was shocked when we showed up in Hong Kong Hong Kong was where the big catamaran being fixed. Daddy married mom in Hong Kong. I got to hold the rings ... I was three. I’ve lived in or stayed more than overnight in Hai Phong, Saigon, Singapore, Phuket ... that’s in Thailand, what used to be Siam. At the Nicobar Islands we rescued Cassie ... she was floating in the ocean. Auntie Surprise ‘dopted Cassie ... so she could be my ‘dopted cousint. We spent a lot of time at The Brit Club ... that’s at Diego Garcia while the Navy armed the Flint with Russian machine-guns and mortars. We convoyed with a bunch cruisers. We got attacked by pirates off Somalia. We sunk ‘em. Auntie Surprise?”

I don’t mind admitting I was amazed. “What?”

“Did I miss anything important?” then she grinned, “So far.”

“How about taking your turn as lookout,” I said.

“Ooo ... up the mast! That was fun ... better than spinning teacups. Cassie didn’t like me to go up ... jealous.” She stuck her tongue out at Cassie. Cassie was busy with her banana split.

Tyche might be four ... but she’s a wordy four.

“We picked up Krys in Turkey ... she’s Ukrainian ... she’s studying seamanship. She’s teaching me Russian.”

“Auntie Surprise got pregnant in the Black Sea.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.