Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 28

“How does it happen that you have two boats?”

“Insurance... SV Surprise, the big boat, hold your horses, Lieutenant, the big boat had just finished total scrape, grind, patch and paint. she got a salon makeover and all new fabric ... sails, bedding, cushions ... beautiful example of the kind of work the Starship Yards in Hong Kong can do when she got crushed ... I’m getting to that ... crushed when the Sultan’s warships were sabotaged by terrorists ... or pirates. Turned my little hundred foot catamaran into plastic dust.” I grinned ... evilly ... but grinned. “Our carrier, Everyboat Insurance, had a choice ... fix it or replacement ... I came up with a third option.” I waved at the Flint

“As for two boats ... with the 47 Farr I have three,” I said. “Before you ask ... the Farr is still in New Zealand.” “And I have a homebuilt Farr 3.7.”

Tyche said, “You have a 3.7 Farr? Kin I sail it?” “I’ll hold my breath until you say yes!”

I gave her a couple of minutes. Blue ... she was turning blue. “Yes.”

WooshSuck “Where is it?” And then she wobbled. “Ooo ... Head rush.”

“What would you know about head rush?”

Wasn’t me that asked ... was the helicopter pilot, the Nosy Lieutenant.

Tyche said, “My favorite episode of “Friends.” I have it on DVD.”

“It’s that lump ... oh wait ... you don’t know ... do you?”

“On the 65?” she said.

“You ... little Flintkote ... have too good a memory ... you were not even two when the 65 went into rebuild.”

“I’ve mentioned it before ... you did it ... I did it. The Sum of Generational Experience.”

So ... we trio ... the Flintkote Triplets ... possess a 4 year old insanity ... Tyche Selene Flintkote ... daughter to Zoe and JW. She is sure she knows EVERYTHING we know...

The awful part? She proves it daily.

I have tried to find something she could NOT have observed and therefore ... knows by imitation.

“Fly...” Junior said.

“I’m too short,” Tyke said. “I know the math and theory ... but I’m too short.”

“Hold on.” Junior said. She flickered ... and came back with a miniature Pitts biplane. “I really hate to go home ... all those wonderful people and I can’t save them.”

“Why not?”

“Dead is dead. If I know they’re dead ... they’re dead.” She turned to an obviously curious Tyche. “I learned to fly with this ... Oh ... be right back.”

Another flicker. She had a framework with a seat, control stick and pedals, “Whoo boy Howdy ... heavy.”

“I know what that it,” said the Lieutenant.

“Seen one before?”

“Flown one,” he said, “But not one for a Pitts.”

“What?”

“T6 ... the new one.”

Junior said, “You used to be USAF?” (United States Air Force)

“USNavy ... but Yeah, after the bomb I resigned and left,” he said. “I didn’t vote for her and I never trusted him after the Intern deal ... defend and protect has nothing to do with politicians.

“Now ... about this boat?”

“Tomorrow,” said Junior. “You have enough to do checking on the little one.

“Come on, Tyche ... let’s see if you can live up to your brag.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.