Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 24

The incompetence of the politically connected has to be experienced to be believed. “My daddy has my back.”

The existence of a legislature passing laws that they are immune to is one of the reasons for the Princessapality. Junior was expected ... no ... required ... to obey the the laws she decreed. The child Junior carried, Wendolyn Wanzor Austin IV, couldn’t/wouldn’t believe she was no better than her subjects.

Mary stayed with me as I derigged (we call it struck ... as in take it down and put it away) the spinnaker and its constituent parts. When I started tearing down it was late evening. By the time I had it done and stowed away it was full dark.

“Okay ... here’s the skinny ... your watch ... Cynthia’s watch but freely given ... you should remember that... freely given means she can’t demand it back. She can ask but you don’t have to give it back ... oops ... sidetracked ... sorry.”

“You’re not, ya know,” she looked. “Sorry.”

“Nope ... Cynthia was the wrong person to possess a travel aide. You’re responsible.”

“I hate that word.”

“I know ... but you are and Cyn’s not.” “Okay ... squeeze the watch ... here and here ... yeah ... like that. Now it’s a map ... see? Turn the bezel to the right and the map gets closer ... to the left and the map gets farther away. Okay?”

“Yeah ... neat.”

“You want Ludington. Right?” “Say it”

“Ludington.” I said. “Ooo yeah. Oh look ... there’s the Basilisk.”

And it was ... the Basilisk ... tied up at the end of the long dock at the City Marina.

“The Basilisk doesn’t matter right now. You should remember ... the car ferry is a ship and will sink you if you appear in front of it ... at the wrong time ... so south a couple of miles of the route would be good. See where the Wisconsin/Michigan line is?”

“There.” I stuck a pinky nail on it and 43°57’54.0”N 87°03’28.6”W or 43.965008, -87.057930 appeared on the map.

“Say GO.”

“Go.”

Although it was still fresh water ... it felt different. There was a westerly breeze and we were sailing about 6 knots heading east.

“Well ... that was interesting. I hope I can remember all that.”

Six stepped out of the shadows. “So this is where you’ve been hiding.”

Seven said, “Just discussing life and its consequences with my mom. Er don’t get enough family time.”

And I said, “You’re always busy.” I rubbed my little baby bump. “I better get my mommy time when I can.”

We both laughed. We hugged. “Don’t be a stranger.”

“Yes mom.” And the Powers that be left the boat.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.