Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 20

Interesting times on the way to Montreal. As soon as the FedA Border Patrol realized that detaining the Flintkotes meant the birth of a NEW child and therefore ‘citizen’ they couldn’t get rid of them fast enough. Besides, the USA had ... not pardoned the kids ... exactly ... just had no reason to hold them ... and Tyche Selene was ... precocious ... and a lot of ... trouble ... and ... too damn clever for the ranking officers...

“Move ‘em on. They’re harmless.”

HA!

It wasn’t until Montreal was sliding slowly by that Surprise remembered something ... Montreal is a city ... but Montreal is an island and just past the west end of the island is the Ottawa River ... and the Ottawa River is two things. The Ottawa River is the waterway to Ottawa the city ... and Ottawa the city is in the Princessapality ... and she had friends in Ottawa.

“Hard a starboard,” I said. “Coming about.”

“Going someplace, Surprise?” asked Cora Jo, the helmsman and our Physicist.

“Yup. Ottawa.”

On a map ... a map of Canada ... when Canada was Commonwealth ... Ottawa is a hop, skip and a jump up the Ottawa River. But up close and personal, Ottawa is a ‘fuck o dear’ of a long side trip ... an excursion. A deviation from a destination.

“Just keep it to yourself, Okay?” I said to Cora, “Don’t lie to anyone ... but don’t volunteer.”

“Yes ma’am,” she said ... but it was a question.

“I want to see how long it takes anybody to notice.”

“Oh ... okay,” she grinned. “You know ... Tyche is going to get it first.”

“That’s a smart kid,” I said.

“She is that ... but there’s more,” she said.

Tyche stepped into the cockpit. Rubbed her eyes, yawned and looked at the compass. “Going to Ottawa?”

Cora burst into laughter. When she caught up with herself, she said, “Told ya so.”

“You did.”

Tyche looked at the plotter. “Yup ... Ottawa. You know, Auntie Surprise, Mom is going to figure it out. Aunt Cyn won’t even notice.”

I thought about what Tyke said. “Why am I Auntie and Cynthia is Aunt?”

“I LIKE you.”

“Oh.”

“Auntie Cynthia was ... different ... Before she got married, she was fun,” Tyche said. “Now she’s Aunt Cyn ... difficult, demanding and disapproving. I hope you don’t end up like her. For triplets you guys are nothing alike.” She looked at me. “I wanna be like you ... except the pregnant part.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.