Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 15

“That was just plain mean,” Eva said. “Did you send them?”

“Not me,” I said. “Her.” I pointed at Tyche. I expected that might not satisfy Eva ... but it was all she was going to get.

“Tyke,” Eva said, “I realize you’re four years old. I also realize that, just like your Dad and Aunt’s that Four is a number that has no relationship to you except size. We don’t have your Daddy ... well ... The organization that is known as Crossroads has confessed that an effort was made to send him home after he performed his duty by the Damsel ... he was sent out the portal and it’s not our fault he didn’t arrive.”

“Where did he go?” Tyche asked.

“As far as Crossroads is concerned,” Eva said. “Here.”

“To the boat?”

The boat being SV Flint, the 90 foot catamaran Surprise bought with the insurance money that EVERYBOAT, Insurance for Murphy, paid out when terrorists ... or pirates ... dropped a pair of refurbishing Frigates on top of her 100 foot catamaran, SV Surprise. Collateral damage ... but still covered by a prepaid “More boats than Drivers” policy Sultry Wench Flintkote ... mom ... had negotiated with EVERYBOAT when the triplets had begun cruising.

“Yes.” Eva said. “But ... the portals have started wearing out and the constructors claim they’re not responsible for shoddy maintenance. What They said was it’s ‘Your Problem.’ We, however, claim They started this and must see to it in perpetuity. The civil suit is in Interstellar Court. We’ll see.”

“You have Lawyers involved?” Tyke wailed, “The only people who win in a law suit are the Lawyers ... I’ll never get my daddy back.”

Eva shrugged, “I’ve done my duty. Tyche Selene Flintkote ... please ... don’t come back ... we’ll keep you next time you do. We’ll put you in Cassandran schools where you’ll be just another plain faced orphaned girl. By the way ... Ceiling says ‘Hello’ and ‘Thanks for the recipes.’

“Now, Where are your Powers that Be?”

I said, “I was just going to ask you that.”

“They’re not here? I personally saw them leave Crossroads by this portal and I know it works because I used it ... and I am here. The portal works good enough to function.”

“Then,” Tyche said, “Where’s my daddy?”

At the same time Zoe Flintkote asked, “Where is my JW?”

And, “Where is my Billy?” asked Cynthiamae McWilliams.

And, “Where is our Cassie?” Eva said, “We want her back.”

“Ain’t going,” said Cassie. “I’m pretty here.”

And Krys said, “Yes ... you are.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.