Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 14

“She’s four?”

“I’m right here,” she said. “Yes ... I’m four. Think about YOU at four.”

My thoughts were about we triplets at four ... Coherent sentences, Algebra ... spherical trigonometry, the Marine Corps Officer Handbook ... navigation ... History ... the legends and facts ... Katas ... Bo ... Oh My God ... she’s me.

When she saw that look, she shook her head. “I’m not you ... but I have OUR combined history ... You, me, Daddy, Auntie Cyn, Sultry, Grandpa ... and whoever HIS ancestry was ... he wasn’t from here. I read in the Journals ... and I KNOW things.”

I said, “The collective unconscious is a concept originally defined by psychoanalyst Carl Jung and is sometimes called the objective psyche. It refers to the idea that a segment of the deepest unconscious mind is genetically inherited and is not shaped by personal experience. We know what our ancestors know ... but we don’t know we know. It’s hidden and takes a certain kind of mind to know it.”

“I know,” she said. “It was confusing at first ... I was two, then I realized that I knew things I was never taught or observed. The things had to come because one of US lived it ... someone else.”

The gesture when she said US was all encompassing.

“If I wasn’t so short ... I could probably fly.”

Zoe said, “For sure she can do the math ... I saw her. She shot the sun ... it wasn’t noon ... she figured the whole thing and she was right. She did it in her head. She just wrote down the answer.”

Cynthia said, “Guys ... it’s been half an hour.”

“Shit!” I said. “Whoever has our men has the Powers.”

Zoe said, “I’ll bet they don’t keep them.”

“Ransom of Red Chief,” I said.

“I feel sorry for the kidnapers,” Tyke said. “That was a funny story.”

“At a half an hour, they haven’t had time to Really get into mischief,” I turned to Cyn, “What do you think? A week?”

“I’ll go check,” Tyche said.

Before anyone could say no ... she was through the portal.

It wasn’t five minutes and I heard, “But I don’t WANT to go to EARTH!” The voice sounded suspiciously like Eva Caretaker Coordinator.

Yup ... Eva ... looking flustered.

“But ... she’s so little!” Eva said.

“Doesn’t matter ... you’re here ... ain’t ya?”

“So ... how was the Powers visit?” I asked ... with a grin.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.