Flintkote - Cover

Flintkote

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 9

When Tyche came through the door, Ceiling could smell and taste the mouthful she was chewing. Now, you need to know that ‘something new’ was one of the highlights of Ceiling’s existence. Soviet Russians were an unknown commodity, and the new Russian Federation hadn’t started sending Russian heroes ... yet. Going by the old adage, “Beasts of the field feed. Men eat. The gentleman of distinction dines.” Ceiling had NO idea what the Russian heroes liked to eat.

The run of the mill English speaking Hero had proven to be a meat and potatoes kind of feeder. “It’s what WE are used to,” they said.

Here was a flavor he’d never imagined, and now a combination of flavors that astonished our master of culinary arts and sciences ... and a four year old girl did it.

Ceiling drooled. Of course, his repair party was still on the way so ... the drool leaked out the holes caused by the fallen tiles.

Dis- gus- ting!

“EWW!” said everybody ... and while the party of the first part was retching, the party of the kidnapped part ... Cassie (orphan) Flintkote made good her escape through the Flintkote boat portal.

“Cassie!” exclaimed Zoe and Cynthia.

Of course there ensued the standard hugging and air-kissing. Once properly greeted and cosseted, there came the question, “Where are our husbands?”

“Krys mentioned they were missing. I don’t know. As soon as we came through the portal, the guardians took me back to Cassandra. They knew we were coming.” She pleaded, “Please ... don’t let them take me again.”

“They knew you were coming?”

“Yes ... it’s no quick or simple matter to assemble a squad of peace-keepers. They had to know. Probably a day or so in advance.” She looked at the mirror. “You don’t suppose...”

Was the portal a camera?

For sure it was a transmitter.

A broadcaster?

Now that the question has been asked, only Time will tell.

Ceiling said, “That smells marvelous. How did you get in and out without a sapphire?”

“I’m a Flintkote.” Tyche swallowed and said, “I’ve been reading since I was three. I read what I could. Daddy left the Journals out. When I saw the Journals, I could get at them. Grandmother Sultry used the portal with out a sapphire for years. Even the Powers that Be had to use the gems. Flintkotes are special.”

Eva muttered... “Yes ... trouble. That little girl is going to be trouble.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.