The Way of War - Cover

The Way of War

Copyright© 2020 by Robin Lane

Chapter 32

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 32 - The Way of War The sequel to the Tides of War. The year is 1940 and David Ramage's grandson is posted to North Africa. There Shaun Ramage locks horns with the desert fox, Rommel. He meets an enigmatic girl and falls in love

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   War  

Sharon waited in the outer office as the secretary showed Shaun into Silverman’s office. He was surprised to find Prof and Cookie there. Silverman came from around his desk to shake Shaun’s hand. “The sea air must agree with you Captain, you’re looking much fitter now than when I last saw you,” he said with a knowing smile.

“Yes. Thank you Sir”, Shaun managed to stutter.

Silverman returned to his desk, “The reason I’ve called you men together is to inform you of the current situation with the LRDG. Unfortunately, its work is almost done here in Africa so now we must look to the future. I’ve been ordered to create a new unit under the command of the SOE, which is the Special Operations Executive. Its task will be to support and train the resistance fighters in Greece. To be more exact, the Island of Tyros”. He moved to a large-scale map hanging on the wall, pointing out the island. “The people of Tyros have undergone savage reprisals from the German garrison there, mainly by the Waffen-SS of the Valkyrie Regiment. These troops are not like Rommel’s Afrika Korps, they have no honour and are utterly ruthless. An entire village was destroyed and four hundred villagers were executed when a road bridge was destroyed in Russia. We do not know the exact numbers who are on the island but by best reports it is estimated somewhere around 300 to 400 remain. It is thought they have been pulled back for a rest”.

He let that information sink in before continuing. “It is my intention to train the resistance on Tyros to make the German forces there frightened to leave their billets. The island is only twenty-six miles long by nine miles wide. It has no strategic value except that if we succeed in this it will give hope to others in other occupied Islands”.

Silverman smiled, “So you must be wondering what all this has to do with you. Well, you have a choice. You could all be reassigned to your old units or you can join mine”.

Shaun spoke up, “I can’t speak for the others, but given that choice I’d rather join yours Sir. But I have to point out I don’t speak Greek”.

Silverman chuckled, “That’s not important. The men you would be working with all speak English”.

Prof spoke up, “I’d like to stick with the Captain Sir, and I do speak Greek”. Cookie spoke up, “Me too Sir,” Silverman nodded “I know Sergeant. I it’s on your record. And by the way it’s Major Ramage now”. Shaun looked up surprised.

Silverman continued, “There will be three others joining your team Major. A Lieutenant Andrias Nickolias. He was born on Tyros and knows the people and the country. His entire family were executed by the SS. Sargent David Robson SAS, expert at sniping and explosives. Corporal John Masters SAS, sniper, and medical and communications member of the team. You’ll meet them tomorrow when I outline your plan of action. Quarters have been found for you at the Nile Palace. Until tomorrow gentlemen at ten hundred hours, dismissed”

Outside he told Sharon of the arrangements. “Well at least I don’t have to cook,” she chuckled.

In the bar that night he chatted to Prof and Cookie, finding out that the rest of Z Patrol were being disbanded. “I think the Commodore has plans for them but of course it’s all hush, hush,” Jeremy murmured.

Shaun had to visit the military tailors to have a crown fixed to his uniforms denoting his new rank. Later he and Sharon had a late lunch in the hotel.

He arrived at Silverman’s office before any of the other. He sat reading their files that the Commodore had given him.

Lieutenant Nickolias was 23 and he had been in the Greek army for three years before transferring to the British army after the fall of Crete. He had been involved in three successful raids on occupied Islands and had been awarded the Military Medal.

Sergeant David Robson, 29, was formally of the Green Howards. Joined SAS in 1941, classed expert in weapons, sniper, and explosives. Spoke German fluently. Wife, German, married 1934.

Corporal John Masters, 24. Formally Royal Medical Corps. Joined SAS 1941. Classed expert sniper, radio, and communications. Speaks German and Italian. Trained 2 years medical student. Family killed in air raid.

Shaun put the files down and looked at Silverman, “They all appear to know their business Sir”.

Silverman nodded, “That they do and they all have a hatred of Germany. Masters wife’s family were imprisoned for her marrying him”.

There was a knock on the door and the secretary announced the others had arrived.

Shaun nodded to Prof and Cookie as they walked in. Robson was tall and muscular he noticed, whereas Nickolias and Masters were average height and slightly built. Silverman did the introductions.

He then proceeded to brief them on their mission on Tyros. “Lieutenant Nickolias will be put ashore from a submarine. His job is to establish contact with people he can trust and to find a secure location for the rest of you. When we receive his signal then the rest of you will go along with weapons and supplies. When Major Ramage has reviewed the situation on Tyros he will begin his attack on the enemy. Gather your personnel effects together. You will be moving into the Naval Yard the day after tomorrow. You will be informed of where and when”.

Sharon drove him back to the villa and he was quiet for most of the journey. Sharon finally asked, “This job Dad as set you, how dangerous is it?”

He hesitated before replying. “There will be some danger. How much is hard to tell until we get there and see the lay of the land. The enemy is different from the ones we have been fighting here in North Africa. They’re SS, Himmler’s thugs and they respect only their own kind. They wage war by being utterly ruthless and they have no respect for human life”.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.