Appendix to the Mana Mage and the Body Cultivator - Cover

Appendix to the Mana Mage and the Body Cultivator

by Diederik Rask

Copyright© 2020 by Diederik Rask

Fantasy Story: This is intended to provide information on the systems in place in the story it applies to. Money conversions, cultivation types and their modifiers, how much mana (Mana-well capacity) one has, and types of mana environments. It will probably need to be updated as the story progresses.

Tags: Farming   GameLit  

After consideration and going out of my mind with my original formulae, I have simlified the system. Other than monetary, it is based on the lucky number “3”. All modifiers are based on a power of 3. This is much easier to work with, but the numbers have increased by a great deal. Should make things easier to understand.

Monetary system

Iridium
Platinum 5000:1 Iridium
Gold 500:1 Platinum
Silver 100:1 Gold
Bronze 100:1 Silver
Copper 100:1 Bronze

One can obtain, for a price, an enchanted piece of Jade that will act in place of physical currency. The price depends on the level of the Jade’s enhancement. There are three levels. The first is capable of tracking up to 100 gold in total. The second is capable of tracking up to 100 Platinum. The third has an infinite capacity. Their values are roughly 10 gold for a first-level Jade. 10 Platinum for the second level, and 100 Iridium for the third.


Body Cultivation System

Earthen Realm
Body like Stone (3)
Body like Copper (6)
Body like Bronze (9)

Mortal Realm
Body like Iron (27)
Body like Steel (54)
Body like Cobalt (108)

Heavenly Realm
Body like Titanium (324)
Body like Tungsten (648)
Body of the Divine (1,296)

Calculation: Natural AC = Base Constitution multiplied by current body cultivation value.

Physical regeneration is based on the calculation of the Sum of ((Strength + Agility + Constitution) ÷ 3) x (body cultivation modifier) for a percentage value (cannot be less than 9% per hour).

Someone without body cultivation cannot go over 10% physical regeneration per hour without potions and such.

Body cultivators have a modifier to resisting offensive spells (not to include immobilizing or mental attack types), diseases, and poisons based on their total Active Base points divided by 6, that quotient then being multiplied by 0.09. The product of that is then multiplied by their Cultivation level for a final percentage added to any other modifiers, including Core Cultivating modifiers.

Examples:

Body Cultivation Stage Stone Average stat score = 10
(10 x 0.09) x 3 = 2.7% bonus resistance

Body Cultivation Stage Iron. Average stat score =12
(12 x 0.09) x 27 = 29.2% bonus resistance

Physical attacks, Poisons, Diseases, Fire, Heavy Gravity, Vacuum, Acids, and combinations thereof are required to temper the body. Once a specific type of poison has been used, it cannot be used in the future to advance. The same goes for diseases and acids. Alchemical concoctions may be used to assist in advancement.


Mana Cultivation System

Calculation of Mana-well: To calculate one’s Mana-well (MW). The following calculation is used: You add the base value of the individual’s Intelligence, Wisdom, and Perception Active Base scores. That sum is then divided by three; then that quotient is multiplied by the Stage modification value. The resulting product indicates the number of times that the person could cast a rank one spell (E.G., Mana-bolt) before running out of mana.

A person with twelve intelligence, eight wisdom and ten perception would have a starting value of 30. That sum is then be divided by tthree: ((8 + 12 + 10) ÷ 3)=10. The resulting quotient (10) is then multiplied by the Stage modifier: Vapor (3) brings it to a final value of 30.

((W+I+P)÷3)) x S = MW.
((8 + 12 + 10 ) ÷ 3) x 3 = (30 ÷ 3) x 3 = (10 x 3) = 30 units.

This person would be able to cast Mana-bolt 30 times before running out of mana. This does not account for mana regen.

If the person were at the Liquid stage (27) with the same stats, they would have a Mana-well of 270 units. This does not account for mana regeneration.

((W+I+P)÷3)) x S = MW.
((8 + 12 + 10) ÷ 3) x 27 = ( 30 ÷ 3) x 27 = (10 x 27) = 270 units.
The person would be able to cast Mana-bolt 270 times before running out of mana. This does not account for mana regen.

Mana regeneration is calculated as follows: Wisdom ÷ 6 per minute Vapor through Liquid stages || Wisdom per minute - Solid through Star Core stages || Wisdom^2 per minute for Divine. This is based on a mana neutral location.

Cultivation Multipliers and Advancement

Vapor (3) - Requires the equivalent of cultivating for 3 months in a mana rich environment to reach the Condensate stage. Minimum Wisdom and Intelligence combined 20 required.

Condensate (9) - Requires the equivalent of cultivating for 9 months in a mana rich environment to reach the Liquid stage.

Liquid (27) - Requires the equivalent of cultivating for 27 months in a mana rich environment to reach the Semi-solid stage.

Semi-solid (81) - Requires the equivalent of cultivating for 81 months in a mana rich environment to reach the Solid stage to reach the Solid stage. Minimum Wisdom and Intelligence combined 30 required.

Solid (243) Requires the equivalent of cultivating for 243 months in a mana rich environment to reach the Star Core stage.

Star Core (729) Requires the equivalent of cultivating for 729 months in a mana rich environment to reach the Star Core stage. Minimum Wisdom and Intelligence combined 50 required.

Divine (19,683) Highest achievable Stage. Minimum Wisdom and Intelligence combined 100 required.


Mana Environments

Mana Deprived - An area where the amount of naturally occurring mana does not keep up with the needs of the environment. Nearly any settlement will be Mana Deprived unless a Mana-Fount is discovered. The most powerful sects usually control these Founts. (When attempting to cultivate one may as well be eating sand) Multiplier: Negative value may drain a cultivators Mana-well

Mana Neutral - An area where mana is balanced between what comes in and what is used. Settlements are rarely mana neutral or above, unless there is a Mana-Fount. Such places are easy to tip over into Mana Deprived. (Like trying to drink water through a coffee stir stick. You can do it, but it is not easy.) Multiplier: 0

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.