The Mana Mage and the Body Cultivator (discontinued) - Cover

The Mana Mage and the Body Cultivator (discontinued)

Copyright© 2020 by Diederik Rask

Chapter 5: Bath, Bed, Breakfast, and Beyond

In the bath, Brandon, and Tracy took turns washing one other and exploring their bodies. It was all very sensual and arousing. Even so, the two of them kept it low key and did manage to get cleaned up.

If one were to ask Tracy what her favorite part of that bath was, they might be surprised. It was having him wash her hair. The play of his hands over her firm breasts and puckered nipples was exciting, as was the feeling of his turgid cock when it brushed against her, or when she gently stroked it for a moment. The act of washing her hair was like nothing she imagined. From the way, Brandon gently massaged her scalp, to how he gently combed the tangles in her hair out with his fingers. Tracy returned the favor of washing his hair, though as short as it is, she had much less to do.

In less than 30 minutes, they finish their bath and carefully rinse off with the four buckets of (now lukewarm) water left for this purpose. Clean and feeling fresh, they dry off and head down to get supper. Supper is a simple, if tasty, meal of stew with the equivalent of potatoes, onions, carrots, and beef-like meat. The flavor is enhanced by a touch of hot pepper and cinnamon, along with other complementary spices.

Over supper, the couple discusses their situation and what options are available to them. One thing they are sure of is that they will have to find a way to earn a steady income eventually. So far, killing beasts has proven to be profitable, thus reducing that concern for the time being. Being confident that the income issue is not a short term concern, they discuss living arrangements. There are less expensive places, but they are already pleased with the room, food, and service here at the Songbird Inn.

For the moment, they have enough funds to not be required to step outside the city and go hunting. Inquiring with the serving girl, they discover that the price per week (if paid in advance and no refunds) is five silver. For a month, the price is twenty-two silver (if paid in advance and no refunds). Baths will cost extra.

note* there are six days in a week, and five weeks in a month here

With their current funds, they can stay nearly three months before being required to dip into their gold. That is assuming they do not incur further expenses in that time frame. Though they grew up used to eating three meals a day and snacks, they feel they can easily manage with the two meals provided by Inn as part of their cost of staying there. With this in mind, they pay the twenty-two silver for thirty days of lodging in their current room.

With their immediate money, food, and shelter needs ensured for the next month, Brandon and Tracy start discussing some less pressing matters. Their clothing from the night they were abducted is useless here. And, while they were each provided with a single durable but plain Tang suit, they believed that it would be a good idea to get at least one more outfit. In time, they will discover that their suits are not so simple as they first appear to be.

The couple then discusses, while drinking chai following their meal, how they are going to go about increasing their cultivation and skillsets. One thing they are sure of is that they will not be making any advances in Qi cultivation in this outpost. The place is lacking sufficient mana to cultivate and transform into Qi for their Dantians.

This lack of mana does not seem to be an issue for Brandon in terms of regenerating his mana, but he will not be able to cultivate and improve his Mana-well. Based on their fight with the boar, which lasted just over an hour, Brandon figures that he cast about 88 bolts in total. This gives him some idea of intelligence and wisdom in this world. As best he can estimate, his wisdom and intelligence scores are roughly between 21 and 28, with his mana cultivation being Vapor 1 or 2. Only by emptying his mana-well and discovering how long it takes to refill can he figure out how deep it really is and what his wisdom score is, which in turn will tell him what his intelligence score is.

At this time, they are without a clue when it comes to discovering their statistical scores. The various scrolls they purchased mention wisdom, intelligence, strength, agility, and others, but they do not explain how one views them.

Tracy’s stats are entirely unknown at the moment. They could be able to determine her strength if they had weights to see how much she can deadlift. Though, even that might be difficult knowing all their stats are greatly affected by their Tri-Core cultivation.

Before they head to their home for the coming month, they decide the first thing they must do is learn all they can from the scrolls they have purchased and then see about specialized training in magic (for Brandon) and martial arts for Tracy.

Tracy and Brandon head back to their room, having finished their meal and having run out of pressing issues to talk about. Once there, they strip and fold their outfits carefully and climb into bed. Spooning, with Brandon’s erection nestled between Tracy’s firm cheeks, and his arms wrapped around her, the two soon fall asleep.


The next morning, they wake up to find they are entwined with their foreheads pressed together. Opening her eyes, Tracy finds Brandon looking into her own.

“Good morning, beautiful,” he says to her as he moves his head slightly to kiss her softly on the lips.

“Mmm, I’ll give you until breakfast to stop that,” she says as she wraps her arms around him and pulls him close, kissing him deeply.

The two of them enjoy the warmth and closeness for a few minutes before climbing out of bed, getting dressed, and heading to breakfast.

While they eat a simple breakfast of porridge and fruits, Brandon and Tracy ask about places where they can seek out instruction in martial arts and spellcraft. They learn that there are few choices locally. If they want more options, they would have to go to an actual town or city. The next closest settlement is Kwang Chu, which is three days ride from here.

With the names a minor academy that teaches beginning martial arts, spellcraft, and other skills, along with a dojo dedicated to one style of martial arts, and a Magi’s abode who teaches spellcraft, they head out. The first stop is the academy, which is on the west end of the outpost, close to the river.

The academy’s name is Riverside Academy and is run by the Riverside Outpost’s family. The training is geared to new adventurers and the young of families living in the outpost who can afford it. Their instructors are capable and have an excellent record of students that have done well over the past century. The cost per month is one gold each, plus any materials. Classes are taught three days a week. This allows students three days to go out and practice their skills in the surrounding area, often allowing them to earn the funds required to keep studying.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.