Sisoban O'mallory - Cover

Sisoban O'mallory

Copyright© 2019 by qhml1

Chapter 16

The day finally came. We were married on the hill behind Anne and Clark’s house. I wanted to have it at Chelsea and Henry’s home, and while it thrilled them, they said it was more practical because the reception could be held in the ballroom. Many of the guests were past customers. Most were friends. Willis and Joe were there with their families, and we nabbed Willis’ youngest son and made him ringbearer. Katie insisted she be the flower girl, but only on the condition that I made a wreath of flowers for her head.

Sissy asked Chelsea to act as mother of the bride because she was the closest thing she’d had to a mother after her own had passed. Chelsea collapsed into tears over the request, then took to her duties with a vengeance. Woe be to anyone who crossed her in her quest for the perfect wedding. We wanted a string quartet to play Canon in D for our wedding march and she brought a 24-piece orchestra in. She took Sissy shopping for wedding gowns and paid for the one they chose. Sissy told me later it cost about $40,000 and she protested, only to have her protests fall on deaf ears.

I wore the tux I’d purchased for my dinner with the Queen. Chelsea, Claire, Anne, and my mother escorted me to a hair salon. My hair was shorter than it had been in years and I was completely clean shaven before it was over. Mom told me I looked ten years younger. The rest said I was quite handsome. All except Chelsea. She eyed me critically and said I’d do.

Henry was my best man, almost moved to tears when I asked him. Maddy stood for Sissy as Maid of Honor. The service was conducted by a renowned Lutheran Bishop with just the right amount of pomp and circumstance. I placed the diamond encrusted wedding ring on her finger, right next to her engagement ring.

I’d had the jeweler make a three-leafed Irish shamrock, each leaf bordered by little diamonds. When I got it, I waited until we were at a dinner party held by Chelsea. I tapped my glass, getting everyone’s attention. “Friends, if I could.”

I dropped to a knee before Sissy with the box in my hand. Her hand went to her mouth. She thought I was going to give it to her in private. “This is a symbol of my love for you, Sisoban O’Mallory. I could think of nothing more fitting, and even though it only has three leaves, I’ll still be the luckiest man in the world if you accept it. Will you honor me by consenting to be my wife?”

She dissolved into tears, snuffling, but I was pretty sure there was a “Yes” in there somewhere. She showed the ring to every woman present, explaining they symbolism. They all oohed and awwed as Sissy beamed. Chelsea pulled me to the side as the ladies clustered around my intended. “Well done, son, just well done.” The she kissed me on the cheek and joined the party.

Later, when we were in my bedroom, I showed Sissy what else I’d gotten at the jeweler, and what it symbolized. She broke out in tears. We didn’t make love that night because emotions were running high. We just snuggled and slept. She did, however, insist we make up for missed opportunities the next morning, after we got Katie off to school.

After the ceremony, the Bishop asked for everyone’s attention. “Mr. Dawes has something he’d like to say. Katelyn, will you please come forward?”

Katie looked confused and a little fearful as she was escorted to the altar by Chelsea and my mom. I dropped to my knees in front of her, holding a little box. “Katie, my darling, you know now that your Mum and I am married, and her last name will be Dawes. I’m here in front of all these people to ask for your hand as my daughter. The papers have been drawn up. All you have to do is say yes and you’ll be forever known as Katie Dawes, daughter of Sissy and Damon Dawes. This is a symbol of my commitment to you. It will signify to all the world of my love for you.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.