Pamela - Cover

Pamela

by Charlie for now

Copyright© 2020 by Charlie for now

Romantic Story: Charlie just wanted to get a good deal on green fees at the local golf course. Best laid plans, right? Well, anyway, 'There Was This Girl'. Oh, my, was there.

Tags: Ma/ft   Romantic   Military  

I went to the local public golf course to see if I could get a membership or some such and save a few bucks. Did I need to? No, but I hated throwing money away. I showed up, the pro pointed me to this little office in the back of the pro shop and ... There was this girl.

I met Pamela there while I was signing up for that membership. I knew I’d be here for at least two years, probably golfing twice a month, at an absolute minimum, and probably twice a week or more. I love the game. I suck at it, but I love it.

She was working the back office, and I was sent in to settle up with her for a two-year membership, giving me an even deeper discount over two back to back annuals. I was really saving the bucks, and they’d have money for a grounds crew for a month, and maybe a couple of electrical bills, on my dime.

She was very friendly, and I noticed when the pro walked me back that she was treated well by the other staff, not to mention she was very friendly with them. I handed her a check. A fairly large check.

“Thank you, Mr. Cross.”

“Thank you as well ... Pamela. I see it on your nametag there. Thank you as well, Pamela, and I’m sure you’ll be seeing me around pretty often, so Charlie will be fine, just call me Charlie, for now.”

“OK, Charlie, you can call me Pam. Pamela is a bit formal. My parents use it constantly, though.” She smiled. “They’re both a bit stuffy and formal, though, so it’s understandable.”

“I remember my mother calling me ‘Charles’ now and again, but it was usually for a reason, and not a good one.”

“Were you a little troublemaker, Charlie?”

“I sure thought so, but she told me I wasn’t all that bad as she passed. She thanked me for being the boy and the man that I was, so I’d say I didn’t do too awfully badly.”

“Interesting. For some reason, I wish I could have met her.”

“Pamela ... Pam, would it be out of line for me...”

“Yes, Charlie, it would, but do it anyway and see what happens.”

“Pam, would you go to dinner and a movie or something similar with me?”

“I’d be delighted. You have my number. I may give you my other one, depending.”

“Depending?”

“Yes, Charlie. Depending on whether we go out a third time.”

“Gotcha. Do good and I get your other number. Your cellphone number?”

“No, my home number. Fifth date for my cellphone.”

“You drive a hard bargain.”

“I’m not the dumbest nineteen-year-old blonde you’ve ever met. Trust me on that, unless I’m the only nineteen-year-old blonde you’ve ever met.” She giggled.

She had a lilt in her voice and a bounce in her giggle that just made me want to take her home to mom. Oh, yeah, that wouldn’t work. It was still hard getting used to. Less than a year. Just less by a little.

It was Wednesday afternoon when I met her. I doubt I will ever forget that day, or the date it happened. I called her the next day and arranged to pick her up for a movie and a late dinner, the location of her choice. She asked for Olive Garden, having not been there for a while and hoping for some special menu thing. I had no problem with that. Their shrimp scampi, the angel hair pasta one with asparagus, was my absolute favorite. I wouldn’t pass up some mushrooms, either, especially if she wanted to share them with me.

I picked her up Friday night for a movie and a late dinner at the Olive Garden. Lots of conversation took place and I learned a lot about her. She was in college, taking evening classes and living at home. It was her year off, but she didn’t really want to go all the way with that, so she worked at the golf course her uncle ran for an investment group. It was open to the public, but privately owned. The reason I didn’t meet her parents was that they were in Las Vegas at a computer convention of some sort.

I took her home that night, thanked her for the wonderful time, receiving her thanks for the great dinner and the movie. She said she enjoyed herself and hoped I did. I assured her that was a fact. She gave me a peck on the cheek and told me if that was true, to make sure to call her and ask her out again.

“Charlie, that was like a preapproved loan. I’ll say ‘yes’ when you ask me out on another date.” She giggled, I smiled, and she disappeared into her house.

She’d said she worked Tuesday through Saturday and was in school all day Monday and Wednesday nights. Thinking it might work, I called Saturday and asked her to show me around town on Sunday.

“Oh, that’s right. Charlie ain’t from around here, is he?”

“Nope! He’s a stranger in these here parts.”

“Yes, Charlie, that sounds like fun. I’m pretty well caught up, and spending the day out sounds nice. The weather is supposed to be nice, too.”

“See you Sunday at noon, then. I’ll feed you, so plan accordingly.” We signed off and I looked at the phone. I liked her. ‘She’s fun’, I told myself.

Sunday, I picked her up, getting a little peck on the cheek. We talked more and drove through the foothills, through town, and out on the prairie looking at different parts of town. We went north, up past the Academy, then toward Monument and had a really interesting day.

“Nice truck, Charlie. A bit different from the little car, huh?”

“Yeah, but it needs to get out once in a while, and I didn’t know whether or not we’d want to get off the beaten path, so I came prepared.”

“Oh, I see. A naughty boy and a boy scout! Good combination.” She giggled again, causing me to smile a bit too much. I started laughing.

“I like you, little girl. You’re funny.”

“Good. Glad to hear it.”

Dropping her off after dinner at the roadhouse, I got another peck on the cheek, this time, she held my forearm with her hand, squeezing, and maybe caressing it, when she did it. Her other hand was pulling my head toward her when I got the smooch. It was more. It was a gradual improvement. It was progress.

I called Tuesday asking her if it would be stalking to ask her out to dinner that evening.

“Yes, but ask anyway. There is a new place I heard about and I’m dying to try it. It shouldn’t be too busy on a Tuesday night. I’ll buy.”

“That won’t work. Pick you up at home? At work? Time?”

“Five, here at the golf course. Mom and Dad are back, so I don’t have Mom’s car. What part of that won’t work, Charlie? I don’t mean to be pushy, but...” I interrupted her.

“If you are on my arm, I’m buying dinner.”

“Oh, that. OK. I guess. I just don’t want to take advantage. I have a bit of money and can afford dinner.”

“Me, too. Now, hopefully you’ll allow me to be the macho, chauvinist pig, and buy dinner. Maybe ice cream at that place out on Powers by the movie theater afterwards?”

“No problem, I guess. I’ve never dated a male chauvinist pig before. A pig, yes, but the male chauvinist thing sounds fun, and I might even save a couple bucks.”

“With me, yes, you will.” She thanked me and we signed off.

We tried the new place, Wilbur’s. It was a barbeque joint that was getting high marks for the quality of the food but wasn’t highbrow at all. Lowbrow chic might be a better descriptor. Reservations would probably go in the trashcan with a hearty laugh from the cashier. He wasn’t the host, exactly. When you got to the front of the line, he just pointed at a table and said, “Over there. Someone’ll be right with you.” Friendly enough, I guess.

Wilbur’s was a really fun place. I took her home after we used half the wet naps in the place, and once at her place, getting a thank you, an eye twinkle, and a really nice peck on the lips.

“Charlie, that was fun. Thank you. That was three, by the way. Give me your phone.” She put her home number in it, then clicked down and put her cell number in as well. “Don’t use the bottom one until I tell you. We haven’t had that fifth date yet. After that? Maybe.” She giggled. I kissed her forehead and thinking I was being dismissed, but I was instead dragged in through the front door. “Mom! Dad!” Nothing. No response. “Oh, well, I guess we can do it next time.” She walked me to the door, held my arm and kissed my cheek. “Thanks again, Charlie. Stalking is OK, but I have two classes tomorrow night.”

I nodded, kissed her hairline on her forehead and thanked her for putting up with me. She giggled again and I left.

I slept easy knowing I was falling for a really, really nice young lady.

I saw her in the office the next morning, as I stopped in on the way to the driving range. I dropped a note on her desk. ‘Date #4: Movie and Red Lobster Friday?’ I got a nod.

I put a large bucket down range and then went to work. Just a six-hour training flight to some God forsaken part of the Nevada desert and back. The kid did fine, I signed him off and went back to my apartment. Marie Callender and I had dinner together. Turkey and fixins. She’s actually a pretty good cook.

It was about ten when my phone dinged, indicating a text coming in. It was from a new number.

“dont look at number - two more dates then ok”

“Got it - unlisted - you call #5 – no limit – none”

“ballet in denver sat night?”

“done - I need info for res”

“already have – going with ‘rents”

“sounds fun – what do they know about me”

“you are very very old and employed – and cute”

“oh”

“and have a nice truck – they should not know about car for sure”

“secret between us?”

“yes - no - nevermind - you are employed? I just assumed”

“very much so – work for rich uncle”

“??”

“I thought you would catch that date #1 – pilot”

“oh yes - uncle???”

“Sam”

“oh OH DUHHH haha ROTFLMAO – ‘night charlie - friday - cant wait”

“Night hon”

Not a word until I picked her up. Her parents were already out, so I dodged a bullet yet again.

Although we didn’t even hold hands on the way into the movie or the restaurant, it was comfortable. Mostly. I got to wondering if something was wrong, but she seemed like she was having a good time, so I let it go.

Afterwards, I took her home. We were sitting in the car, outside her house, letting the cheddar garlic biscuits settle, I guess, when she caught me off guard. She leaned over, took my cheek in her hand, pulled me to her over the console, and kissed me. On the lips. Not a peck. A kiss. She licked my lips. Oh, God.

“What would you say if I just wanted to enjoy your company tonight, and not get entangled with any long-term commitments?”

“I’d say there are so many enjoyable things we could do. A foot rub, all night miniature golf, a late movie, all kinds of things are possible.”

“Even if I ask, you’re not going to have sex with me and ravish my body tonight, are you?”

“Probably not, since I’m not a ‘have sex, see you later’ kind of guy. It may be old fashioned, but when we make love, have sex, cuddle with petting, or if I just plain fuck you into a mattress so I can hear you scream my name, there will be a commitment involved. It’s just how I roll. I’ve made love to two women previously, Miss Martin. They left me for guys with more money. I was in love. They, obviously, weren’t. I thought they were. They said they were. I’m going to keep looking for Miss Right. You qualify in so many ways. You are a beautiful woman, apparently are very kind, generous, and liked by oodles of people, but ... I’m not here for the night. If you like me as much as I like you, I’m here for the duration. If you don’t want the commitment, or a long-term relationship, Pam, please let me know now, so I can let myself down sooner and easier and get out of your hair.”

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.