The Princess and Her Intended - Cover

The Princess and Her Intended

Copyright© 2019 by Spherical Spoon

Chapter 1

“Are you sure this will work?” Myre asked.

“I don’t know, Princess,” Leya replied. “But we don’t have any options left. I’ve heard that the Fae creatures in the woods sometimes come to our help when we ask.”

“We could make a run for it?” Myre suggested.

“Did you bring the coin?” Leya continued, ignoring Myre’s question. “That’s the most important piece. Without it, our request will not make it to the Fae.”

Myre stuck her hand inside her lace-covered dress, and pulled out a gold coin. She placed it gingerly on top of the makeshift raft they had constructed out of twigs, leaves, and vines. Leya then released her hold on the raft, and it began drifting downstream.

Myre looked around quickly, and then grasped Leya’s hand. Myre said, “We can run now, they aren’t watching us.”

Leya gently pulled her hand back and stroked Myre’s cheek, wiping away a tear that had just begun to fall. “The King’s eyes are always on us. They would be upon us faster than a fox on a hen. This is the only way,” Leya replied.

“I can’t marry a ... man!” Myre wailed. Leya quickly moved her hand onto Myre’s mouth to shush her.

“You have to, or we’ll both suffer the wrath of your father the King,” Leya said. “At least this way, we can still be together.”

“I don’t even know him,” Myre said. “We only met once when we were children. Who knows what kind of person he has become?”

“I’m sure the King would want to find someone who would treat you well.”

Myre scoffed. “You mean, someone who would benefit the kingdom. My marriage to this Prince is just the next step in his plan to grow the kingdom.”

“Shh,” Leya said. “It is never safe to whisper these things, even in woods such as these. If the King hears about it, or worse, your ... intended, we will suffer.”

Myre saw the sadness in Leya’s eyes, and knew that she had meant that Leya would be the one suffering the punishments. After all, a Princess couldn’t be beaten, at least not in any way that would leave marks and blemish her value. Myre nodded sadly and looked down.

Leya put her hand on Myre’s chin and lifted it gently up. Their eyes met and Myre felt a small blush start to form around her cheeks.

“Come, Princess,” Leya said, offering her other hand to help Myre up. “It is time to return.”

“Must we? Can’t we just stay out here ... forever?”

“The guards are starting to become restless. We must be back before sundown,” Leya said.


“Myre, Myre, Myre, you look stunning!” Alreit said. “You remind me of how your mother looked.”

Myre blushed. “Oh Father!”

“Don’t you think so, Leya?” Alreit asked.

“Of course, your majesty. Princess Myre is beautiful, and that dress brings out her beauty even more,” Leya answered with a curtsey.

“Do I have to do this?” Myre asked tentatively.

Alreit’s eyes hardened. “Of course. It must be done,” he said sharply.

The smile on Leya’s face also vanished, as the air in the room grew tense.

“If it must be done, then it must be done,” Myre said sadly.

Alreit looked slightly mollified. “Come down to the Throne Room when you are ready. I will entertain Prince Toler in the meantime.” His eyes narrowed slightly, and he continued, “Don’t take too long.” Alreit’s eyes turned towards Leya, and she curtseyed in acknowledgement.

As Alreit started to turn and leave the room, Myre suddenly hugged him. “Oh Father,” she said. “I will miss you terribly.”

Alreit replied, “Silly girl, your marriage isn’t for another two seasons. And we will still see each other even after your marriage.”

Myre nodded and released the hug. Alreit made his way out of her room and down the winding staircase. The guards standing outside the door came to attention and followed the king down.

After Alreit and his guards had left, Leya put her hands on her hips and glared at Myre knowingly. “What do you have on your mind, Princess?” she asked sarcastically.

Myre walked to the tower window and glanced down. “Quick, if we use the bedsheets, we can climb down and run away before anyone’s the wiser.”

Leya stayed still and replied, “The tower is much too tall for your bedsheets. And you don’t have the long hair from your faery tales. Even if you made it all the way down, do you think you can outrun the horses? Especially in that dress?”

“We have to do something,” Myre whined in a defeated tone.

You have to get ready to meet your intended,” Leya answered.

Myre sighed, and let Leya finish putting on the accessories on Myre’s outfit.


The trumpets blew a royal tune as Myre walked into the throne room.

“Prince Toler,” Alreit said in a loud voice. “May I introduce my daughter, Princess Myre.”

Toler stood and bowed, and said, “Princess.” He then sat back down.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.