Mistress Adelaide's Travelling Gimp Circus - Cover

Mistress Adelaide's Travelling Gimp Circus

Copyright© 2019 by Freddie Clegg

Chapter 10

After The Shows

The second night’s performance was no less successful than the first. Word had got around and the audience turned up from nearby villages too.

Finally, though, the applause for that show too had faded. The audience, for the most part, had gone. A few, specially invited patrons remained or returned, the guests of Mistress Adelaide for a celebratory drink. Alicia two other local landowners and the chair, vice-chair and clerk of the village council were seated at a tables set up in the performance arena of the big tent.

Also at the table were Mistress Adelaide’s trainers, helping to entertain their guests. The Gimps were pressed into service as waiters, dispensing wine and canapés to the assembled group, each act of service precisely performed. Adelaide and her performers were all still in the costumes they had worn for the show. The Gimps were in their hoods and harnesses and, in accordance with normal custom, all wore silencing gags, symbolic of their surrender of control.

Adelaide had found that these after-show parties were an excellent way to thank the communities that gave the circus hospitality. She had made sure that she was seated alongside Alicia and took the opportunity to talk to her about her request. “Our discussion yesterday,” Adelaide said. “I believe I can assist.”

“That will be a great relief. And it will save Harold a deal of heart searching too, I am sure.”

“Good. Then it will be taken care of.”

One of the Gimps passed by refilling wine glasses as he went. “They really are so well trained, Adelaide. You must be so proud of your girls.”

“Yes, of course, but I am proud of the boys too. You cannot make good pots without good clay.”

“Wasn’t that what you used to teach us? ‘Or a good furnace,’ isn’t that how it ends.”

Adelaide nodded pleased by Alicia’s recollections of her teaching. “Yes. I want to talk to you about one of my ‘pots’, though. An old pot one that is no longer up to the load it is expected to carry, one that needs a place for a quieter life.”

Alicia could sense the direction of the conversation. “So, is this the price of my disappearing lover?”

“No. That is a favour I agreed. Between friends. Freely given. I have put that matter in hand already. This is another. They happen to coincide but it is chance. If you cannot help then I shall not be upset. Let me explain. You see the man on his knees beside the Chair of the Council?”

“Yes. He performed well this evening. A talented juggler, I recall. And now it seems as though he is an able fellow when it comes to providing a soothing foot massage. Although, from the complaints our good Chair makes about her feet as a result of squeezing them into those most unsuitable shoes, I suspect he has his work cut out.”

Adelaide laughed. It was often the case that she had to ask her Gimps to look after those who did not always do such a good job of looking after themselves. “He needs to retire from the circus. He does not know it yet but we can see his reactions are slowing. His body takes more time to recover from the stunts and trials of performing. It is not fair to keep him here. Nor is it fair to simply set him loose. He is not adapted for a life alone. I am sure you will appreciate.”

“Yes. The same is true of my house staff. They become dependant upon a structured, well-ordered environment.”

“I am sure. That is why I wondered if you could find him a place. He has useful skills – besides the ones you might expect from his current employment. Your Stanley Sports Steamer, for example.”

“The cause of my late arrival yesterday.”

“Exactly. This Gimp has spent time with my engineers. I think you will find he possesses useful mechanical skills that could help avoid such difficulties.”

“His other skills would seem worthwhile too, if I believe the look of delight on the face of Madame Chair of Council. And to have a resident Gimp at Henderby Hall – well, I can imagine some that might be a little jealous. All right, Adelaide, I will find him a place. Speak to him and send him to the Hall tomorrow when you leave.”

After her guests had left, Adelaide retired to her caravan. As was usual after a show she felt the need to unwind. She had taken James with her leading him by his collar from the tent as the other Gimps looked on jealously. At her request, he helped her take off her ring mistress’s costume, placing it neatly on its hangar for its next use. Averting his eyes from her nakedness, he held her silk dressing robe as she put it on.

“How long have you been with us?” Adelaide was reclining on her couch.

James, adopting the Gimp pose of attendance, was kneeling by her side, hands on the tops of his thighs, palms upwards. Adelaide realised that his mouth was still filled with the solid rubber ball that had been strapped in place gagging him. She unfastened the strap and pulled the ball clear. James gave a quiet grunt of relief that a more experienced Gimp would have suppressed. “Six months, Mistress,” he responded.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.