The First Realm: Lee Ki Jung's story - Cover

The First Realm: Lee Ki Jung's story

Copyright© 2019 by Diederik Rask

Chapter 20: Big Trouble in a Little Market

Unhurried, but with long sure strides, Ki Jung leads little brother in the direction of the disturbance. In a short time, they make their way to the scene where a mountain of a man is raging at one of the merchants who is lying on the ground curled up in the fetal position. It is easy to see that the merchant is suffering from broken bones and possible internal injuries. What Ki Jung notices right after assessing the merchant is that no one is even attempting to put a stop to this assault. Looking around, she realizes that everyone’s afraid of this gargantuan being.

“Little brother, why is everyone afraid of him? Why won’t they help their fellow merchant?”

“Big sister, I am not entirely sure. I’ve never seen this person. But, I have heard of someone who terrorizes all the merchants demanding protection from them each month. Perhaps, this is him?”

“Protection ... I see. So, they have to pay protection to him to be protected from him. We’ll just have to see about that.”

“Big sister, I know you are a very talented warrior. You’ve proven it at the Jade Academy. There are also those who know about your slaying of the Hook-beaked Rampager. But, this is a mountain of a man. I fear for your safety.”

“Brother, do not worry. This is a simple matter. He is a bully, and I know just how to deal with the likes of him,” Ki Jung responds. “Now, wait here for me. This won’t take long at all.”

Stunned, Min Joon cannot but follow her order. So, he waits there and watches while fear fills his belly. He prays that she knows what she’s doing and that she will not come to harm.

Walking towards the hulking man with practiced ease and a level of serenity that belies the scene before her, Ki Jung waits for him to notice her. When he becomes aware of her, she is within three meters of him, which is outside of his physical reach, if neither of them moves.

“Hello, big guy. Would you mind moving along? I think you’ve caused enough trouble for today,” she says with a calm face that shows no emotion.

“Who the hell are you, bitch, to be telling me to move along? I will damned well do as I please, and that includes finishing my business with this piece of trash and then having my way with you. And, if you fight, all the better. It’s more pleasurable for me that way,” he roars!

“I’m the one who is going to put an end to your terror, little boy,” is her calm reply that makes everyone who hears her gasp in fear.

“Why you little cunt! I’ll kill you,” he bellows as he charges at her, exactly as she expected and planned.

Without seeming to do anything to prepare to defend herself, Ki Jung waits as the mountain comes to her, arms outstretched to grab her and crush her like a bug. Suddenly, she takes a step back and to the side. One hand flashing forward and grasping his wrist, while the other slides up his arm as he moves past her. A collective gasp rises from the many merchants and shoppers who are there to witness the fight when they see the behemoth face-plant into the cobblestone street.

Ki Jung steps back as soon as he hits the ground. With a faint, but taunting smile, she addresses him once again, “Now, I’ve asked nicely, and I won’t do so again. Leave now before everyone finds out just how weak you really are. I mean, I’m just a young woman, and you just kissed the street for me. It doesn’t look too good for you.”

“I’ll kill you,” the mountain of a man screams. His killing intent bursts forth causing many to shake in terror and others to flee. In an instant, he is back up on his feet and rushing, once again, at Ki Jung. This time, he is ready for her to sidestep and turns to intercept her when she moves. Unfortunately, he miscalculates, and she moves in the other direction just as he makes his move.

Whump! The sound of his body slamming into the ground, again, fills the air. This time, however, Ki Jung does not back away. Instead, she is behind him holding his wrist at an extreme angle with his arm bent behind him and up so high that anyone seeing it winces at the pain such would cause them if they were the recipients of this simple-looking move.

The man bellows in pain and rage as he attempts to free himself from her hold. Each time he moves, she makes a slight movement of her hand, and the terror screams in pain. Ki Jung may be only a third of this man’s size, but she is in full control. His struggles do nothing but add to his pain.

“Stop fighting me and promise to leave, and I’ll let you up. But, you will have to turn over all the money you’ve taken from the merchants and anyone else and leave immediately. If you don’t, you cannot blame me for the suffering that will befall you.”

Breathing heavily from the pain he is suffering, he manages to get out a one-word response when she applies a little more pressure to his wrist, “Agreed!”

In a flash, Ki Jung releases him and steps back out of his reach. She’s no idiot. She is well aware that he will attempt to attack her again. How can he not? He has just suffered a massive loss of Face. She knows that he will attack as soon as possible.

Getting up to his feet, he acts as if he is going to pull out his money pouch, but instead draws a long wicked-looking dagger. In a well-practiced move that is at odds with his size, the blade comes at Ki Jung like a bolt, aimed directly at her heart. Min Joon watches in horror as time seems to slow to a crawl, as do all the other onlookers.

Throughout this, Ki Jung has been using her Pakchulbong to stay aware of the environment. Bullies like this rarely work on their own. This allows her to predict what he is going to do every instant. The calm look on her face is gone. Now, there is an air of destruction emanating from her.

Without warning, she ducks below the blade while reaching up and grabbing his wrist again. This time he doesn’t simply fall as she turns his own momentum against him. This time a loud and sickening crack is heard. This is followed by a scream of pain that is nearly deafening. The mountain of terror hits the ground on his back. His dagger has flown from his grasp. His arm is not just broken but shattered. Pieces of bone are protruding from his upper arm, which is as slack as wet noodles.

People who are more in tune with Qi and are better able to see its use when applied in one’s actions instantly understand what has happened. This young woman focused her Qi into his arm as she struck and threw him. The Qi blasted the bone, shattering it as he flew over her. They know such is possible but had witnessed it in person, until this moment.

Others, who just witnessed the fall of “The Hun,” as he calls himself, cannot believe what just happened. No one has ever stood up to him, let alone taken him out. They all stand with jaws swinging in the breeze. They feared The Hun, but are now in terror of this young woman. If she decided that they should pay her for protection, they could only agree.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.