The First Realm: Lee Ki Jung's story - Cover

The First Realm: Lee Ki Jung's story

Copyright© 2019 by Diederik Rask

Chapter 10: A Full Recovery

Though unusual, the dojo is closed for the weekend. With the help of Tom, Ki Jung makes excellent progress. By Monday, she can walk, use utensils to eat, and do things that the typical person does daily is some effort. She is, as of yet, unable to run, hop, skip, jump, or move with her usual grace. It is Winter break at school, so classes are not a problem. Her absence from home has already been accounted for. This is to prevent her mother and brother from worrying.

When she returns home Sunday evening, her mother and brother don’t seem to notice any changes other than to comment on how beautiful her skin and hair look. This fits in with the idea of her being treated to a weekend spa getaway by her friends as a holiday gift.

With a focus and drive like few others, she makes quick progress and is nearly back to top form when the Spring semester begins. This includes her writing and typing abilities, a time consuming task, which she needs to do write her papers for the course work to earn her credits. Professors do not accept hand written papers. In the beginning, Ki Jung could easily destroy a keyboard if she failed to control her strength while typing. Pencils and pens are often crushed during the first day while practicing her writing.

When the the end of the semester arrives, Ki Jung’s recovery is complete and she can resume all her activities. Still, Master Tom won’t allow her to spar or practice with anyone but himself. She is too powerful to go up against anyone else now. She will have to learn even more control than she has already achieved before he is comfortable allowing her to spar with others in the dojo.

Tom begins teaching her how to make her moves look natural and powerful while holding back. Before the change, one of her punches would result in a bruise at its worse. Now, that same punch, without being restricted, is capable of breaking bones. Her strikes can even cause organ failure. A simple blocking move could end up shattering another person’s arm or leg if not properly controlled. This part of her training takes up her whole Summer. She is paid for her time because she still helps as an instructor and does the work around the dojo.

Early on, Tom brought in a brand new sandbag and had Ki Jung attack it. As this was before she had learned much control over her body’s power, the first punch ended with her hand well inside the cover with sand pouring out all over the floor. This was all the proof she needed to understand how dangerous she would be to others. Lack of control would be deadly to anyone she faced.


Ki Jung’s time is taken up mostly by university courses and the dojo. She makes time for her family, frequently taking Seo Joon out on weekends. The who look for events, movies, and other things that appeal to them. There are fairs, festivals, action and kids’ movies, and more. She also is teaching him the same Qi-Gong forms she uses, minus Body Cultivation, along with Martial Arts. This is done on her time and at home. He has some worry about going to the dojo due to having a prosthetic foot.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.