Good Medicine - Sophomore Year - Cover

Good Medicine - Sophomore Year

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 51: Back to School

February 7, 1983, McKinley, Ohio

"Hi!" Kristin gushed when I went to her room just after lunch. "Come in!"

I walked into her room, and she offered hot cocoa, which I accepted. We sat down on the couch.

"Sorry, I ran out of cookies. Mom will send more in another week or so."

"I'll need to run an additional lap every morning to make up for the extra calories!"

"I go to a dance class three days a week to keep in shape. I heard you're into karate."

"Yes, I go three times a week as well."

"Are you like a black belt or whatever?"

"No. I'm a purple belt, which is about halfway there. I'll probably test for my blue belt in May. Then there are three levels of brown belt before black belt."

"Will you get a black belt eventually?"

"Maybe, but I'm not sure I'll have enough time before I graduate from medical school to do that, and then the first couple of years of Residency are insane. Maybe around the time I'm thirty, if I'm lucky."

"I heard it's pretty intense. So, do you want to get together later in the week?"

"Things got a bit more serious with a girl I've been seeing back home."

"You're going steady?"

"No, but it's probably best if I don't date someone else right now."

Kristin nodded, "I kind of got the feeling last week that you were, well, not quite taken, but involved with someone. You weren't cheating when we did it, were you?"

"No. I'm not committed to anyone."

"But you liked it, right?"

"Very much," I confirmed with a smile.

"Then I can be your first groupie!" she laughed. "Every rock star has to have groupies, right? It's like a law!"

I laughed, "I wasn't aware of that law."

"I think it's 'Rock-and-Roll 101'! Didn't Frank Zappa sing about that? Crew Slut?"

"Awesome," I managed to say despite laughing hard. "A Zappa fan! That's from Joe's Garage."

"He was pretty critical of the Catholic Church and of prudishness in general."

"That's for sure!"

"Do you know that Frank Zappa helped start an all-girl band?"

"Of course!" I replied. "The GTOs. They had one album. I don't have it, but I've heard some clips from it. They couldn't sing very well."

"Pamela Miller, the lead singer, was a major groupie!"

"So the story goes, but I always wonder how much of that is true. I can imagine that people brag on BOTH sides — you know, 'I bagged the big rock star' and 'I bagged a dozen girls on my concert tour'. But I also got the idea from some friends it happens."

"You have first-hand experience!"

"True, but one piece of anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything, really."

"So you'll just have to try again!" she laughed.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"Why? I really enjoyed it and want to do it again. I'm sure other girls would go for it, too! I knew it was supposed to be good, but it was better than I imagined! And if you're worried about my cherry, SOMEBODY had to get it, and I think I made a pretty good choice. If you ask me out, I'll go. If you just want to fool around, I will. I liked it!"

"I liked it, too. A lot, in fact. I'm just not sure I'm cut out for casual sex."

"So why did you do it with me, then?"

"Truth?"

"Sure."

"It was an experiment that I never expected to succeed and then went WAY further than I thought it would. I never actually expected to even get to first base!"

Kristin laughed, "Well, I didn't expect MY experiment to turn out as well as it did! I mean, I'd messed around quite a bit, but I had never gone all the way. I just thought it was the right time, and you were the right guy. And I don't mean that in the sense of 'Mr. Right' or anything like that. You didn't make me do anything I didn't want to do!"

"It's a bit more complicated than that," I said.

"Why? We both wanted to do it. We both enjoyed it. We both said we wanted to do it again. You aren't going steady or engaged or anything! Did the blood come out of your sheets?"

I laughed softly at the non sequitur, "Yes. I put 'Spray-N-Wash' on the sheet right away and got it into the machine a little while later."

"Good. Next time won't be quite so messy! Just think about it, Mike. In the meantime, could I start hanging out with you and your friends? I won't be a bitch or say anything about what we did."

"You're welcome to hang out with us if you want, sure. And next semester, I have a computer course, my one and only, and I'd appreciate some help."

"I'll be happy to tutor you," Kristin smirked. "I know how you can pay me!"

"You're going to fit right in," I chuckled.

"I hope so!" she laughed.

February 8, 1983, McKinley, Ohio

"Kristin is going to start hanging out with us," I said to Clarissa as we walked to Latin class.

"I thought you were blowing her off!"

"She asked if she could hang out with our gang. I didn't see a problem with saying 'yes' to that. She's a Frank Zappa fan, so I think she'll fit right in. She's also a computer science major, and that will come in VERY handy next semester."

"But you told her you didn't want to sleep with her, right?"

"I conveyed the message. She made several counterarguments, which is how we got to Frank Zappa. But I also didn't agree to do anything with her. I really think she'll fit in quite well. And I don't think she's going to be difficult or obnoxious."

"She's going to be OK with Robby and Lee?"

"If she's a Zappa fan, she's going to be OK with pretty much everything that goes on within the gang."

"I trust you, but the group can't get too big."

"Eight is Enough?" I chuckled.

"That show wasn't too bad. Did you watch it?"

"No. I was more into science fiction or science shows."

"Is everything back to normal with Angie?"

"It would appear so. When I walked her back to her room last night, she kissed me on the cheek. So, back to the pre-meltdown situation."

"Something has to give, Mike."

"I know. I'm just afraid of how she's going to react. I don't want to mess up her semester or cause her any other trouble with school."

"So when? After exams?"

"Either that or the day before Spring Break. I'm leaning towards after our last final, so she has all Summer to get her head screwed on straight. What do you think?"

"It's a tough call, but I think it's best to do it after exams for exactly the reason you said. What will you say?"

"I have three months to figure that out!"

"Have you considered something?"

"What?"

"That she might be a lesbian and repressing those feelings?"

"You think she's hot!"

"She is! But that's not why I asked. I don't think she could have a relationship with a girl, either. Not now."

"There's your dream scenario," I chuckled.

"Mine? More like yours!"

"I cannot tell a lie," I chuckled.

"Well, George Washington, we're at Latin class, so we'll have to explore those fantasies later!"

"I can't wait!" I smirked.

After fifty-five minutes with Father Jacobs helping us translate short passages from Suetonius, Clarissa and I resumed our conversation as we walked back to the dorm to drop off our books before lunch.

"I don't think she's a lesbian," I said. "I know a bit more about what's going on with Angie than I've been able to share for what I think should be obvious reasons, especially to you."

"It was just an off-the-wall idea. I'm curious what you're going to do if your daily routine is totally disrupted."

"You mean prayers and running? I can do those alone if need be. And at church, once I'm ordained, I'll be serving in the altar every Sunday morning, so I wouldn't be able to stand with Angie anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss doing all that stuff with her, but I can't let her believe there's a chance we'll be together unless she can somehow show she's past all her issues. And I'm not sure how she can do that."

"A relapse would be pretty bad. Does your new groupie go to church?"

I chuckled, "She's NOT a groupie! She's a friend. She's Roman Catholic but not practicing."

"It's funny how the most religious guy on the dorm floor has two gay friends who are atheists and a lesbian friend who's agnostic. And now a non-practicing Roman Catholic. I guess Sophia is religious but doesn't go to church often."

"The closest Greek church is in Columbus, and that makes it a bit more difficult. She's come to our church a few times, and she'll certainly come to Palm Sunday, Unction, and Pascha, plus my ordination. If you want a parallel, think of the Irish, Polish, and Italian immigrant churches that were formed. Orthodoxy is much smaller in the US, so there isn't as much blending, and our churches are largely ethnic. We all believe the same stuff; it's just which community you're part of — Russian, Greek, Arab, Bulgarian, or Romanian."

"So, Petrovich, or should I say 'Einstein', how would marrying me work?"

"As I said, it creates all sorts of conflicts with the Church, ones which probably can't be reconciled. I don't see you suddenly becoming Orthodox!"

"The lesbian chick is thinking of having sex with a guy, but going to church? That's beyond the pale?"

"There is NOTHING normal about our relationship!" I said with a grin. "But I was thinking about something."

"What's that?"

"Your first time should be with a girl, not with me. And probably your second, third, fourth, and fifth. Have a love affair, THEN we can consider if it's the right thing to do."

"You are a strange one, Petrovich! I thought guys loved the idea of bagging a virgin!"

I stopped and took Clarissa's free hand. She turned to face me.

"If you think the word 'bagging' is part of ANY vocabulary I'd use about you, I'd be very sad."

"Sorry. I was being flip, but I can see in your eyes that I upset you."

"It's one thing to tease," I said. "But questioning motivation is a very different thing."

"Reset sixty seconds?"

"Sure."

"I thought you'd like to make love to me as a virgin."

"I'm sure I would, but I think, all things considered, that's not what's best for you. Not by a longshot."

"There is a bit of a problem with your plan."

I smiled, "As I said, we have to work on that. Can I ask a VERY intimate question?"

Clarissa laughed, "More intimate than you pushing your tongue, or something else, deep inside me?"

"Good point. Do you want your first female lover to be experienced or inexperienced?"

"I hadn't thought about it, but you know I have zero experience."

"You kissed pretty well for never having done it before!"

"I had a good teacher!" Clarissa replied with a smile.

"I think that answers my question."

"Why did you ask?"

"I have an idea. Do you trust me?"

"Completely."

"Good," I said, dropping her hand so we could continue our walk back to the dorm.

February 11, 1983, McKinley, Ohio

"You're early!" Milena said when I walked into the music room on Thursday. "Let's sing!"

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

"Now? Mom's going to ask you to come to dinner so we can review your tape. We listened to it a couple of times this week."

"We?"

"Just my mom and me. She didn't think you'd mind."

"What did you think?"

"Overall, it was pretty good for a first time. What did you want to talk about?"

"This is going to sound like a VERY weird question, I'm sure, but are any of your music or drama friends lesbian?"

Milena laughed, "Are there any gay people in music or drama? Are you kidding?"

"Remember, I never hung out with that crowd in High School, and other than a couple of parties at your house in college."

"Blaine was the only one who approached you, but he sure wasn't the only gay or bi guy at the party! But what the heck do YOU want with a lesbian?"

"Humor me, OK?"

"Jennifer and Laurie are bi; does that count?"

"But you and Deb aren't?"

"Disappointed?" she smirked. "You hoped to see us get it on during the threesome? If that's what you want, Jen and Laurie will fulfill that particular fantasy! Deb and I will just fuck you unconscious."

"It's nice to have options," I chuckled. "Are either Jennifer or Laurie in any kind of relationship?"

"No."

"When's your next party?"

"A week from Saturday. You're welcome to come and bring a couple of friends. And now you have me VERY curious!"

"Curiosity killed the cat! Shall we sing?"

We sang a couple of songs before Doctor Blahnik arrived. Milena left as soon as her mom came into the room.

"Are you able to come to dinner tomorrow night?" Doctor Blahnik asked.

"Milena said you wanted to talk about the tape."

"Yes. I had a chance to listen to it three times since you gave it to me last week. 7:00pm?"

"I'll be there. OK if I bring someone and we stay?"

Doctor Blahnik laughed, "Chafing under the rules? Or trying to annoy my daughter in the extreme?"

"The former, but the latter is certainly a nice side benefit!"

"That's fine."

After my lesson, I headed back to the dorm to hang out with the gang, which now included Kristin. Angie appeared to be miffed by Kristin's inclusion, but she hadn't actually said anything about it. Robby, Lee, Angie, and I left for karate just before 4:00pm and returned about 5:15pm. I showered and then went to find Sandy.

"Want to sleep with me tomorrow night?"

"Motel?"

"Doctor Blahnik's house. We'll have dinner, she'll provide a critique of my performance at the concert, and then you and I can use their guest bedroom for the night."

"And I can critique your performance?" Sandy laughed.

"If there is something I'm doing you don't like or something I'm not doing you want me to do, you need to tell me. I'm not a mind reader!"

"I've never once complained!" Sandy protested.

"There's a difference between not complaining and wanting something to be different or better."

"I'm totally satisfied every time we fool around. I guess I should ask you the same question."

"I don't think anything needs to change except having you in my bed at night again!"

"Me, too! The Summer is going to positively suck!"

"Nobody back home you're interested in?"

"Not really. We've been out of High School for almost two years, and I've lost touch with most of the kids I hung out with back then. There are a couple of girls I'm still close with, but that's it. Isn't that pretty much what happened with you? I mean, minus the two girls from church and your little sister's friends?"

"I really only hung out with Jocelyn and Dale, so I don't think it's comparable. You're still OK with not having a steady boyfriend?"

Sandy smirked, "Tell me the advantage! I have you to screw me silly and, minus the stupidity around Dean Parker this month, keep me warm at night. All a steady boyfriend would do would add stress and complications!"

"At some point, in the not TOO distant future, things will need to change."

"I'm aware. But until that day, it's 'Mike and Sandy, sitting in a tree, f-u-c-k-i-n-g!'"

I chuckled, "I've never done it in a tree! That might be a bit complicated! And the NEXT line of that rhyme doesn't work."

"True. I won't marry you, Mike Loucks, but I'll keep you happy until you decide who you want! Deal?"

"Deal!"

We hugged and kissed and then went to look for the gang to head to dinner.

February 12, 1983, McKinley, Ohio

"A week from tomorrow, we're going to a party at Milena's house," I said to Clarissa on our way to Latin.

"Why?"

"Do you remember meeting a couple of girls that night I sang? Laurie and Jennifer?"

"Sure. Black hair and blonde hair. Cute. Why?"

"They're bisexual."

Clarissa laughed, "So THAT'S what you meant! Finding me my first lover?"

"Only if you're OK with it, obviously. I just asked Milena if she knew any girls who were lesbian. She laughed because, apparently, being gay is pretty common in music and drama. Anyway, she told me that they're bi, and aren't in relationships. Does your first time need to be with someone you love?"

"You ruled yourself out," she said with a smile.

"That was just my opinion," I said. "But I still think I'm right. Besides, you and I haven't decided it's the right thing to do."

"Are you SURE about that, Petrovich? Or are we just lying to each other to delay the inevitable?"

"You think it's inevitable?"

"Don't you?" Clarissa asked warily.

"I think we're both too confused to make any decisions about that right now. And that's no lie. So, what do you think of my proposed solution?"

"I don't know. You didn't say anything about me, did you?"

"No, which has Milena tied up in knots. And that's a GOOD thing. She's going to be VERY put off that I'm having Sandy stay with me tonight!"

"You love it, don't you? Teasing her?"

"I do. It's funny because she can have pretty much any guy she wants, just for the asking."

"But she can't have YOU, which is what is driving her up the wall! So what's supposed to happen at this party?"

"You talk to them. Maybe one of them is attractive and has the right personality. If not, I'm sure there are other girls out there."

"If I dance with them or anything, then my secret is out."

"Nobody at one of Milena's parties is going to make an issue of it. And I can't imagine anyone in our group being bothered by it. Kristin didn't freak out over Robby and Lee, which is sort of the acid test for joining our gang. Those two clowns French kissed in front of all of us for the first time as their way of telling her! If that didn't chase her away, nothing will!"

"Did that make you uncomfortable?"

I shrugged, "Neither of them tried to kiss me, so why should it? But I'm not really big on public displays of affection in general. And I know they aren't. They were making a point. And a good one, actually. But in the end, I'd prefer most of that was kept private. And that goes for a guy and a girl, two guys, OR two girls!"

"I was worried you were going to want to watch!" Clarissa smirked.

"Milena wondered if that's what I was interested in — a threesome where the two girls had sex with each other while I watched, in addition to other stuff."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.