Royal Mess With a Redhead - Cover

Royal Mess With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 4

I turned off the TV and headed into my room. I stripped down and put on boxers and a tee shirt for sleeping. I lay down on the bed and composed my mind for sleep. I thought a little about Alice but decided that I really wasn’t interested. Her personality was too toxic. It was quiet and I slept the night through.

I woke at my usual early hour. Padding out to the kitchen, I turned on the coffee maker and went back to my room. In there, I washed up and dressed. Since it was Sunday, I was planning on church. I wouldn’t offer Alice the opportunity based upon her lack of decent clothing and her desire to not be seen. As I was getting ready to go, she finally stumbled out.

I pointed. “Coffee is in the pot with mugs above the maker.” The creamer packets and sugar were still on the table. She poured a cup and sat down to doctor it. Even after a couple of sips, she was still sitting in a kitchen chair sort of huddling her own misery. I said, “You look happy this morning, Princess.” There was some sarcasm in my voice.

She just grunted. I said, “I’m going to church. Try to stay out of trouble while I’m gone.” I continued, “If you leave, leave a note or I call the cops to look for you.”

Her head popped up. “Why?”

“If you’re gone, it should be your choice or with your entourage. If it’s otherwise, you may be in trouble. Therefore, I would call the cops.”

She nodded. “Thanks.”

“If your people are by your car, should I admit that you’re here?”

“Please don’t tell them. I want to become a decent person to you and learn something in the process.”

“It seems you may have learned something already. See you later.”

I left for church. On the way out, I pulled the tarp off and put it in the back of my truck neatly folded. I arrived at my church on time. It was abuzz with the news of the missing princess. I was asked what I might know. I said, “I didn’t watch news last night preferring sports to news.” I grinned. “The Braves won.”

The man asking said, “Sam, you just don’t keep up with current events.”

“Only those that interest me. Who got shot yesterday and hearing about some spoiled royal from elsewhere just aren’t important, not to me, anyway.” I smiled.

I went in to Sunday school and then church. I enjoyed both. After talking to a few more people, I headed home. At the entrance to my drive, there were police cars along with three other cars.

Men were exiting so I figured they had just driven up. I pulled into my driveway and turned on my emergency flashers. I went to one of the local cops and asked, “What’s going on? I haven’t had a chance to call you guys yet.”

“Hello, Sam. What do you know about this?”

One of the men from the unmarked cars came at me and the local cop got in his way stopping him. I asked, “What the hell?”

“Who is he?”

“He is the head of the princess’s bodyguard.”

“He’s a civilian in this country. If he charges me again and you don’t stop him. I will use deadly force to protect my body. I also don’t like people on my property without my permission. I shoot trespassers. It says so on the signs.” I pointed at one.

The policeman said, “We’ll keep them under control. They are allowed here as a courtesy.”

“Make sure they stay away from me and from my property.

“Now, to answer your question, I found that piece of junk parked here this morning when I left for church. I was going to call when I got back. At church, I heard about the missing princess and figured it might be her car. I haven’t been watching the news and have no interest in visiting royalty.” I chuckled.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.