The Body Guard Book 2 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 2

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 8

For the last couple of days Virgil was contemplating over everything that Connie had told him. He knew what everyone looked like, everyone but Paulie. Virgil had put the drugs in the fresh produce boxes that were delivered to Kay’s restaurant. From there Sonny took over. Then the damn place burned. He never did figure out how or who burned it. He knew it wasn’t Sonny or one of Carlo’s men. Barzin was already dead. And he was in the process of taking over identity of Barzin and he didn’t burn it. Maybe it was an accident. Virgil was filling an order at the warehouse, when he saw Tom approaching him.

“Mr. Virgil Sollozzo?”

Virgil turned around. He looked Tom up and down. “Yes, what can I help you with?”

“My name is Tom Hagen. I was a friend and a lawyer for Kay Adams Corleone.”

Virgil stood still for a few second. He cleared his throat. “Kay is dead. I went to her funeral.”

“Is there a place we can talk in private?” Tom asked.

“I don’t understand.”

“Please Mr. Sollozzo it’s very important.”

Virgil nodded his head. He led Tom to a deserted part of the warehouse.

“So, what is this about?”

“There is no easy way to say this. So, I will get to the point. Kay is alive.”

Virgil didn’t move. His eyes got wide as he stared at Tom. Then he became angry.

“Is this a joke? If so, I don’t find any humor in it.” He snapped.

Tom watched his reactions. ‘Playing like a true professional.’ He thought.

“This is no joke. I can’t go into detail. But Kay would like to see you. You were a friend of hers and her late husband Sonny.”

“Yes, he was killed in an auto accident. I stayed with Kay through that ordeal. He really put her in a bind. I wish I could have stuck around, but I had my own personal problems I had to attend to.” Virgil was staring at the floor shaking his head.

“She wondered what happened to you. So, she asked to see if I could locate you.”

“Why?” Virgil asked.

“She doesn’t have a whole lot of friends and those she had think she’s dead. She would like to begin informing her friends that she is alive. I told her that I found you. Now she would like to see you.”

“How do I know she is alive? How do I know this isn’t trick? Sonny got into a lot of trouble. That’s why we parted ways.”

“I figured as much.”

“Do you have a phone here that we can use?”

Virgil nodded his head yes and they walked over to warehouse office to use the phone there.

Tom called Kay and handed the phone to Virgil.

“Hi Virgil. Yes, it’s really me. Please, I would like to see you.”

Virgil acted choked. “Wow! When and where?”

“Tom will give you the direction and time.” she said as she hung up the phone.

“Right now, we have Kay under protection. It would be easier to see her where we have her.”

“Okay. Where is that?”

Tom gave him the directions. But Virgil already knew where the farm house was located.

Later that night Paulie staked out the warehouse. He was looking for anything out of the ordinary. He saw a delivery truck pull inside the warehouse. About ten minutes later it pulled out. It wasn’t there too long. He saw Virgil talking to the driver before the truck left. Then Virgil looked at his watched got into his car and left. Paulie followed a short time later.

At eight pm Virgil arrived at Kay’s home. She was so nervous.

“Settle down Kay.” Connie tried to console her.

“He thinks I am dead. So, did you. It’s just so surreal!”

Moe left to meet up with Paulie to see if Virgil was followed. Peter had the back door. Sal was in the living room with the girls and Luca was out front watching Virgil arrive.

“Virgil! I’m so glad you could come!” Tom said as he answered the door.

Virgil was hesitant as he looked around.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.