The Body Guard Book 2 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 2

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 7

Sal found out a lot about Connie. She was first married to Bruno Tattaglia, who was just starting out as a small-time enforcer in the drug business with his brother. She divorced him a couple years later. She then got married to a man called Al Neri. He was a big time hit man for a major crime family. A short time after they got married, he got arrested for murder and put on trial. He was found guilty and sentence to life imprisonment. A few years later he was found dead in his prison cell. She divorced him after the trial finished, but she kept his last name. She thought the last name would come in handy and she was right it did. Nobody knew her as Connie Neri. She drifted from job to job, the longest job she held was for six months. She had plenty of men in her life. She looked up Kay a couple years ago. That’s when she found out Kay was married. She found that Sonny was a playboy and she went after Sonny. She wanted to take him away from Kay. But then she found out Sonny wasn’t the guy Kay thought he was. Connie wiggled her way into Sonny’s pants. Sonny didn’t know they were sisters.

Sal needed to find a connection of all the people Sonny, Kay and Connie knew. Someone that was keeping a low profile. He was looking over the old records he came across a name, Virgil Sollozzo. He found out Virgil was Sonny’s best man at their wedding. He also hung out with Sonny at the track. They both liked women. He found out Sonny was rough with women. That didn’t surprise him. He found out that Virgil had taken up with Connie. He also found out that Virgil did small jobs at times for the same crime family that Connie’s ex-husband had worked for.

“That’s it!” Sal snapped his head up.

“What’s it?” Luca asked.

“The connection. I found one. Get Tom here. We just might have something.”

“Tom is on his way and he should be here shortly.” Luca said.

An hour later Tom showed up. They had to work around Kay, so she wouldn’t hear what was going on. They needed her to go do something. Just like it was meant to be Connie showed up. Paulie hid in the bedroom, until the women went outside to talked. Luca stood at the door watching.

“Moe go there and keep an eye on them.” Luca said.

Moe nodded and went outside to watch the girls.

“Well what do you have Sal?” Tom said.

“Yes, we are all curious.” Luca said.

“Paulie told us that he followed Connie to a grocery store and talked with a man in the produce department.” Sal said.

“That’s right.” Paulie replied

“Did you get a picture of him?” Sal asked.

“Yes.” Paulie showed the picture.

“That’s Virgil Sollozzo.” Sal said.

“Who?” Peter asked.

“I remember Kay said Sonny had a friend. His name was Virgil.” Luca stated.

“So now we have a connection. Connie and Virgil are up to something.” Tom said

“Inheritance?” Sal asked.

“Could be. I want Virgil under surveillance. I want to know how far back Sonny and Virgil have known each other. I also want to know when Connie and Sonny got together and then when Connie and Virgil got together. Sal, you and Paulie get on this. Peter and Moe will stay here and help me watch over Connie and Kay.” Luca stated.

Luca looked at everyone in the room. He was about to say something else when Paulie quickly left the room. He was interrupted by Tom.

“Ladies.”

“I want to announce something.” Kay said.

“What is it you wanted to say?” Tom asked.

“I have asked Connie to move in with me here and she has accepted. I want to go and help Connie move from that dreadful motel she’s staying at. Could the guys help us?” Kay asked.

Luca cleared his throat. “Do you think it’s wise? I mean for Connie to move in. We are not sure if someone is still after you.”

“Like you said before. Everyone still thinks I am dead. What harm can it do?”

Connie laughed on the inside. ‘Dumb and clueless. ‘

“You mean my sister is still in danger?” she acted surprised as tears filled her eyes.

“She might be.” Tom said.

“What am I missing here?” Connie looked around the room.

“They think someone is still after me. Sonny was tangled up with some bad people. When he died, they came after me.” Kay said.

“And Luca and the rest were to protect you?”

“Yes. But someone slipped in without getting noticed. I was shot.”

“You let someone shoot my sister! You were to protect her!” Connie shouted at Luca.

“We thought we had the man that was after her.” Tom said.

“It wasn’t Luca’s fault. He was standing next to me. Carlo, the man we were after, was giving the police a hard time. Luca went to help and that’s when the shots came.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.