The Body Guard Book 2 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 2

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 6

Connie chuckled to herself as she left. ‘Kay is so gullible.’ Virgil and her both knew she would be followed so, they set her up in a motel room. They had hoped that Kay would invite her to stay. Connie returned to her motel. She knew Virgil was waiting for her to contact him. She walked inside her room. Within a minute there was a knock on the door. She opened it and it was Moe. She tried to look surprised.

“What can I do for you?” she cleared her throat.

He looked around to see if anyone else was in the room. “Just being careful. Do you mind if I come in?”

“Careful? I don’t understand?”

‘Yeah right.’ he thought. “Kay is fragile right now. We want to make sure you don’t have any ulterior motives.” he said.

Connie looked insulted. “What! How could you think... ?”

“Well, you do have a birthday coming soon.”

“What does that have to do with anything?” she snapped.

“We know about the inheritance.”

He didn’t say anything about anything else. They wanted her to think that this had to do with the inheritance.

“What inheritance? It’s all hearsay. Kay said there was one, but I don’t believe her.”

“So why show up now? Why try to get back into her life?”

“I don’t have to take this!” She went to slam the door.

“You know we can stop you from seeing her.”

Connie stopped. She was fuming. She did want to know about the inheritance, but also, she wanted to destroy Kay. “Fine. Come in. She opened the door up for Moe to walk in. He looked over the room.

“Satisfied?”

“For now. But remember, if you hurt her in any way, you will have us to deal with.”

She almost laughed. “Is that a threat?”

“No, I don’t make threats.” he said as he stepped back out the door.

Connie took in a deep breath she had to calm herself down.

“All I want is to make amends with my sister. It’s been far too long. I didn’t even think about the inheritance. Hell, I didn’t even know she got married. I could have been an Aunt...” she started to tear. “I was selfish. I feel horrible how I acted. I need to make amends.” she wiped her eyes and sniffled.

Moe wasn’t fooled. He saw right through her. He made her think he believed her.

“Sorry to be so hard on you. But someone did try to kill your sister.”

She started crying again. “Did they find out whom?” she drew in a breath.

“Unfortunately, no. That’s why we want to be careful.”

Connie nodded. “I can understand. I will do whatever I can to help her.”

Moe nodded. “Good. She would like that.” He gave a false smile turned and left.

She watched him leave. She closed her door and then looked out the window. She didn’t see anyone else. But that didn’t mean she wasn’t being watched. A couple hours later, she left.

“She is leaving.” Paulie said.

“Follow her.”

“Roger that.”

Paulie stayed his distance. He knew Connie didn’t see him.

“She stopped at a grocery store.”

“Can you go in without her seeing you?”

“What do you think?” He laughed.

“Roger that.”

Paulie put on a small disguise and followed Connie into the store. She didn’t even know she was being followed. She did some shopping. She stopped at the produce section looking over some fruit. She was approached by a man.

“Someone is walking up to her”

“Can you hear anything?”

“Looks like they are talking about the produce.”

“Keep your eyes and ears open and if you can try and take some pictures. Make sure they don’t see you.”

“Roger.”

Paulie stayed hidden, but Virgil was cautious. He had set up this time to meet with her at the local grocery store. To keep his cover, he still worked at the warehouse and made deliveries to the local grocery stores.

“So how did things go?” Virgil asked as he picked up some grapes.

Connie shook her head and smiled. “Great, except that Luca guy was there with friends.” she said.

“How many were there?”

“I counted three others beside Luca.” she said.

“We will worry about them later. Will Kay trust you?” Virgil asked.

“Yes, she is very forgiving. I had her eating out of my hand, she practically begged me moved in already.” she said.

“Great, just what we want. Keep me informed. Next time call me at the warehouse phone number. You have the number, use the phone in your room or the one here at the store.” he nodded as he left and she continued to shop.

The following day Tom showed up. He had to talk to Kay about her parents will. He knew she should remember all about it. They have been dead for ten years now. She has her memory of that period of her life. He got to the house and was greeted by Luca.

“How are things going?” Tom asked.

“As good as to be expected. Since Connie showed up that’s all Kay can talk about. She wants her to move in.”

“It might not be a bad idea. Keep a better eye on her.”

Luca scratched his head “I don’t trust that woman.”

“You probably have some good reason not to. I need to talk to Kay about her parents will.”

“Why?”

“I just helped her with the restaurant, I don’t have a lot of information on what her parents will said and where the will is being kept. I don’t know if Kay has the will or a copy of the will. Also, where Connie’s inheritance money is being kept.”

They both turned and started walking into the house.

“I have Moe and Paulie following her. She’s playing things very carefully.”

“She might have a partner. Although she is quite capable of pulling off whatever she is trying to do, on her own.”

“We need to find out more about her. I will get Sal on it.”

“Tom!” Kay smiled. “It’s nice to see a friendly face.” she glared at Luca.

“Oh, I am hurt.” Sal put his hand to his heart. Everyone chuckled except Luca.

“Sorry Sal. How about a different smiling face?” she changed her wording.

“You won’t think that after we have a talk.” Tom said.

“Why is that? Have you found something out?”

“Let’s sit Kay. I need to ask you about your parents.”

Kay looked apprehensive. “What about them?”

“Please sit.” Tom motioned to a chair.

He knew this was going to be a delicate subject. And now with her sister back in the picture it was going to make things even more delicate. Kay nodded and sat. She waited nervously as Tom sat.

“What is this about?”

“I will get right to the point. What exactly was in your parents will? When was Connie supposed to get an inheritance? Where is the will kept?” Tom asked.

She thought about it before she answered. “I got the house, the restaurant and most of the miscellaneous items. Connie was to get 250 thousand at her 25th birthday. But she didn’t believe me. She wouldn’t go to the reading. She basically accused me of stealing everything from her. She left and I never heard from her again, until now. Their will is in my safety deposit box at the bank, so is my will.”

“If you were dead what happens?” Tom asked

“Zia, I mean Connie would get everything. Everything is listed in a sealed letter that is my safety deposit box.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.