The Body Guard Book 2 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 2

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 5

“Virgil, Virgil! Are you listening to me?”

“What is it Connie?”

“I just found out some distressing news.”

“And what would that be?” Virgil asked.

He had assumed the dual role of Barzin and Sollozzo and nobody was the wiser. He had money and power now. Connie was at his side. Although she didn’t know he was Barzin, he hoped that she was loyal to him.

“I just heard from a friend of mine that Kay isn’t dead.”

“What?”

“Yes, a friend of mine who has a boyfriend and he worked at the hospital. She was telling me about this bizarre case...”

“Are you sure about this?”

“Quite sure.”

Kay could point a finger at him even though she didn’t know he was also Barzin. It would take too long to figure that out. She knew that he and Sonny were good friends. They always were scheming things together. He might have said something to her without realizing it. Sonny was careless. He was too stupid to realize Connie was Kay’s sister. And that his best friend was setting him up. He had to think of what to do. Then it came to him. “Connie.”

“Yes.”

“This is what I want you to do. We need to find where Kay is hiding. You need to weave your way into her life again. Play the sob story.”

“I also will be twenty-five this year.”

“What does that have anything to do things?”

“Well according to Kay, our parents left me an inheritance. But they thought I was too immature to take responsibility for it. So, they told Kay when I turned twenty-five, I could collect it.”

This couldn’t be better, Virgil thought. “That is even better. If it is true.”

“I don’t know if It’s true or not, I have never trusted her since she got everything from my parents. She handled their estate and the money supposedly was in a trust fund that I am supposed to receive when I turn twenty-five. I disowned my sister after the death of my parents. I haven’t spoken to her since they have died.”

“But yet you always knew where she was. You knew who Sonny was.”

“I wanted to destroy that Bitch! She got everything from our parents and our grandma.” she snapped.

You can get your revenge later. Right now, I need to know if she really is alive and where she is.”

“Why is she so important to you?”

Virgil walked up to her. Connie was testing his patience.

“Because she may know something that could hurt us.” he growled at her. She backed down. “Now this is what I want you to do...”

The plans were all set. Connie was to work her way back into Kay’s life. And as trusting as Kay was, she won’t suspect a thing. That’s what they were hoping. It didn’t take long for Connie to locate Kay. She knew about the old country place Kay had. Sonny talked about how stupid Kay was thinking he didn’t know about it. But Sonny knew everything Kay did.

Connie knew that Sonny would not dump Kay after she received the inheritance. So, in turn she went to Sonny’s best friend Virgil. Virgil was a lot smarter than he led everyone to believe. He told Connie everything she wanted to hear. He even set her up in a nice place. In return Connie would tell Virgil everything that Sonny said, even about Kay’s secret farm house. That’s how he knew where it was. That’s how he knew Sonny had stashed drugs there. Sonny had big plans, but he also had a big mouth. Virgil let Sonny dig himself a hole. When the time was right, Virgil would make his move. Barzin had confronted Sonny about stealing his drugs. Sonny was running scared. Virgil had already figured out that Barzin was the top man. Barzin went by a lot of aliases names and disguises. The only people to really know who Barzin was were his secretary and two body guards. Sonny went to Barzin’s office plead his case. Barzin let him in and things got heated. Sonny got lucky when Barzin suffered a fatal heart attack.

Sonny called Virgil and told him what had happened. Virgil came up with a plan. He had Sonny kill Barzin’s secretary and two body guards and he helped Sonny dispose of the bodies in a furnace at a factory that he had access to. They put Barzin’s body in Sonny’s car, crashed it and set it on fire. This even made Virgil’s job easier. He wanted to be Barzin. With the people who could recognize Barzin gone, he figured he could get away with his plan.

He had to be sure Sonny didn’t mention anything to Kay about him. She could point a finger. Questions and accusations could arise. Connie was the perfect escape goat, just like Sonny was. Connie has been gone a long time. She had to pretend she knew nothing of what was going on. She had to pretend she found out about this place through the news. She had to pretend her sister was dead. She made up a story that she decided to mend fences with her. Only to find out she was shot and killed. She was in mourning. She wanted to see the place Kay died at. Everything was set. Connie was a good actor. She could pull this off and Virgil knew she could.

“Well are you ready Connie?”

“Ready as I will ever be.”

Connie got herself together and started playing the grieving sister.


“Someone is coming up the drive.” Paulie stated.

“Peter take Kay to her room and stay with her. Paulie, you and Moe go out back and scout around. Sal watch the front of the house.” Everyone took their positions. The car stopped and Connie got out. Luca stepped out on the porch.

‘Show time.’ Connie said under her breath as she walked up to the porch.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.