The Body Guard Book 2 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 2

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 4

Luca had his friends had Kay’s place in the country staked out. It was hard for him to go back there he remembered everything. He retraced his steps from that night. Remembering where Kay was shot. He stood on the porch and looked in the direction the bullet came from. ‘How could they have he gotten so close?’ he thought. He knew Sal was in the house when the ambush started. He saw Moe and Peter walking up the drive. ‘But where was Paulie?’ He searched his memory. He couldn’t remember seeing Paulie.

“Luca!” he heard Sal call. He looked up and saw his friends walking towards him. He had to find out where Paulie was that night.

“We checked out everything. It seems no one has been here since the investigation was over.” Paulie said.

“Did you find anymore out about Virgil or Connie?”

“Yes, I did.” Sal replied. “Let’s go in and I will fill you in.”

“In a moment.”

“What’s up?” Paulie looked at Mitch.

“I am trying to play the events over in my mind. Kay was standing here when the shot rang out. I was at the car helping them get Carlo in. He was giving the police trouble...”

“I was standing here.” Sal said as he went and stood in the doorway.

“Peter and I were walking up the drive when we heard it.” Moe said

“I was talking to Tom when we heard it.” Paulie said.

Luca felt so relieved he didn’t want to think any of his friends were involved. His mind was messing with him. He wasn’t thinking clearly. He looked back up in the direction the shot came from.

“How could Sonny have gotten so close without being noticed?” he asked them.

“Did Sonny say anything?” Sal cleared his throat.

“There wasn’t time. He just said Barzin.”

Everyone nodded and stood for a few more minutes. All of them replaying the events.

“How is Kay?” Sal asked.

Luca half smiled. “Stubborn.” He paused. “Let’s go in.” He turned and they followed him into the house.


“Are you sure you want to go back to the farm house Kay?” Tom asked.

“Yes, it might help with my memory.”

“But it’s dangerous.”

“Listen Tom, I am tired of losing. I even lost my memory. I want to know why this happened to me. Who wanted to get rid of me and why? I knew Sonny did, but he is dead. How can you be sure there is someone else out there?” she said.

Tom didn’t want to tell Kay everything, yet.

“It’s just the way things happened Kay. The pieces don’t fit.”

“In other words, you don’t know for sure.”

He drew in a deep breath. “Yes Kay.”

“But there is more that you’re not telling me. Maybe a big drug dealer you want to catch.”

“How did you know that?” He looked surprised.

Kay pointed to her head. “Flash back.”

“When?”

“This morning.”

“Do you remember anything else?”

“Sorry, no.”

But she did and she wasn’t saying. Tom knew she wasn’t telling him everything, but he didn’t want to push her.

“Well are you ready?”

“Ready as I will ever be.” Kay smiled.

“Let’s go than,”

This was the first time Kay has been out of the safe house. She drew in a deep breath of fresh air when she stepped out the door. She smiled as she felt the sun shining on her.

“I am so glad I am out of that place!”

“Let’s get going.”

Tom escorted her to the car. He opened the door and she slid in. He went to the driver’s side and got in.

“Luca and his friends have secured your house.”

“Friends?”

“Yes, I am sure you will meet them all again.”

“So, I met them already?”

“Yes.”

“Hmm hard to imagine that man has friends.”

Tom chuckled. “They are very loyal friends. It was like pulling teeth for me to get them to find Luca...”

Kay swung her head and looked over at him. “What?”

“Damn!”

“Tell me. Please. I know Luca and I had a relationship. I can feel it. I can see it in him. Why does everyone try and hide it?”

“It’s difficult.”

“This is difficult. I want to know.”

Tom looked over at her. He saw desperation.

“Okay Kay. Luca has worked on many cases with me. A lot of them involved women. He always stayed professional. He is damn good at what he does. But when he saw you, I saw sparks fly. I never saw Luca so infatuated with a woman before. He would tease you to get your dander up.” Tom paused with a smile on his face.

“Tom?”

“Oh sorry, as I was saying. Luca fell head over heels for you. Even though he tried to fight it he couldn’t. And you fell for him. But you were afraid because of what Sonny did. Both of you were always trying to get under each other’s skin. It was a sight to watch, but I guess that’s what love’s about. Luca never has been in love before. So, we ribbed him about it. When you were shot and we thought you were dead he just disappeared. When I learned you were still alive, I tried to get a hold of him, but I couldn’t find him. I knew that his friends knew where he was, but they weren’t talking. They respected him enough to let him mourn for you. Now...”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.